magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VoIP My Way Free VoIP Service

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
the ata relies on what the telco tells it based on the area you select for your caller id. On asterisk you can put what ever you want in the box no restrictions. Some times it does not work but some times it does. Vanham does this as well as I.

He's not telling you the total scoop or don't know how, Im on his service and i'll call anyone and i'll make your caller ID read out that im in PA or Bum Fu*ck Egypt if i want it too without using Freeware Asterisk BS or a Asterisk Box for that matter, Figure it out and then you can do it Exclamation
genxweb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so according to gash it is possible. He uses my service as well on a linksys pap2t
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
Ok so according to gash it is possible. He uses my service as well on a linksys pap2t

BTW, I can even change my voice too from my real voice, Asterisk can't do that, That im aware of. You can temp change your CallerID to whatever you want, You can use certain web sites to do all of this. It does'nt matter what or who's phone service you have I.E. Cell, Pots, VoIP etc.

BTW: Some services are FREE and some are not, Google is your friend

EXAMPLE: http://www.cloakcard.com/
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm well aware of the websites that offer caller ID manipulation. I'm looking for a long term solution and not wanting to visit a website everytime I make a call.
genxweb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevereno wrote:
Yes, I'm well aware of the websites that offer caller ID manipulation. I'm looking for a long term solution and not wanting to visit a website everytime I make a call.

If you have your own ata you can look online on how to configure caller ID and test it. By default we allow you to send as private or not at all. So we do offer some caller ID settings in the portal just not spoofing settings.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
stevereno wrote:

If you have your own ata you can look online on how to configure caller ID and test it. By default we allow you to send as private or not at all. So we do offer some caller ID settings in the portal just not spoofing settings.

You don't have to keep visiting a web site to do it, One time. I have a 800 number here i dial and once i call it i tell it where i want to call and what CID i want to let the caller see and what name etc. Unlike asterisk etc i can make it read 911 Emergency etc and so on. Or inside your ATA configure to private and caller gets nothing. In my case even if you have a POTS line and don't except ANON calls i can still blow past that too and come up Anon. Nothing that caller can do either and only way i could get in trouble if i used it for something not to legal and the 800 number i use would have to be subpoena to court, I don't use it much but i did today and had the system change voice to female with a NY phone number to break someones balls.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
genxweb wrote:

I just spoofed a prank into NY and had the system change my voice from male to female with a local NY number on there CID, Your portal knows nothing as i went in and looked. It only picks my tel number up not my 800 number. Which makes sence as im using two servers to do it.
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make money or get free service with VoIP My way

For every client you refer that remains for a min of two months you will receive 1 month of that service or the cost of that service. You must be a current customer.

Upon check out the client that is purchasing the service must put your current 10 digit Voip My Way number and email address in the comment box. Once they stay for the two months you will be either paid via paypal or get a service credit.

For more info please contact [email protected]
genxweb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for some reviews that I can publish on my site. If you are interested in writing one please contact me.

Thanks
jshg46
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im interested in a free account. I dont mind the ads at all.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
I am looking for some reviews that I can publish on my site. If you are interested in writing one please contact me.

Thanks

Having tried Comcast VoIP, magicJack, tk6000, DUO and voipmyway, I would be happy to write a review.
Toink
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Losing ATA registration Reply with quote

I notice that for the past 3 days now, my ATA (SPA3102) would lose registration especially around 12MN (Central time).

I will have to power cycle the ATA to get a connection. After a few minutes, sometimes a couple of hours, it loses its connection again....

I never changed any settings. It was workin very well until the past 3 days.. Are there any upgrades being done??
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Losing ATA registration Reply with quote

Toink wrote:
I notice that for the past 3 days now, my ATA (SPA3102) would lose registration especially around 12MN (Central time).

I will have to power cycle the ATA to get a connection. After a few minutes, sometimes a couple of hours, it loses its connection again....

I never changed any settings. It was workin very well until the past 3 days.. Are there any upgrades being done??

Have you checked your router to see if the 3102 remains connected to it. Perhaps the router or isp is the culprit?
Toink
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always connected to the router without a doubt... I've already ruled that out.
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toink,

we can only provide hardware support for devices that were purchased from us. The free service is fully working for the 100+ users on the server you are on. I have ran your account for a few hours with no issues disconnecting last night. it may be that you isp is disconnecting or the ATA is dying or having issues .
fPortal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Free Service Reply with quote

Did I read that you have a free ad supported service?

I would not mind trying that if it is still available.
Kif Kroker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say that VoIP My Way did away with the ad supported free service. I tried it out while it was available and it worked quite well.

Dave
fPortal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Thank you for the response Reply with quote

Thank you for the response anyway...
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he does have a 30 money back trial. www.voipmyway.com

I'm a reasonably long time subscriber. Very happy with the service.

OTC
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoipMyWay is under new management. Guess Michael sold out. Hope the great service continues with David at the helm.

OTC
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is VoipMyWay still in business? Can't bring up their website. Says server not found. My phone was still working on Sep 1. Been moving all weekend and have not got my phone system up yet, so I don't know whats up. I hate moving.....
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website is down for me too. You can still log into the web portal and my phone is working. Maybe they are giving the website a new look?

Kevin
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good the portal is working. I can't check as after we moved, I found out I need a 14 ft CAT 6 cable so I ordered one and some other lengths from monoprice.com. I won't have my phones up till Friday I guess.
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys though I sold to David. I am working with him closely behind the scenes to address technical issues he faces that you bring to him. So rest assure the service will continue. The issues with the site was they were moving it off my server to theirs.

Did not sell out in the sense, but at over 200 clients it was more then I could handle. Davids company also has many ideas for advertising to grow the business as well as product offerings.
Jppshipley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This service is not free: Residential "Lite" is for those that rarely use their home phones or those that want to try out VoIP. $5.50 per month.

Try us FREE for 30 days!
Residential Lite does not come with E911 Service. If you require E911 Service you can add it to your account for $15.00 a year

There are sooooo many add on fees.
BrentOwen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use voip my way in Canada. Is there a way to get a Canadian number? I have a obi 110 (using Google voice poorly) and I am not all that happy with magic jack.
genxweb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent we do not offer Canadian numbers right now, they wanted over 10.00 a month per number for the exchange. You can how ever get a US number and use it in Canada, many clients do that.
Toink
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if VOIPMyWay is still up for it... Four days ago, I sent an email to [email protected] to inquire about my upcoming renewal of account.. I have yet to get a reply from them... It's so frustrating to not being able to get answers to my inquiries.... Mad
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toink wrote:
I wonder if VOIPMyWay is still up for it... Four days ago, I sent an email to [email protected] to inquire about my upcoming renewal of account.. I have yet to get a reply from them... It's so frustrating to not being able to get answers to my inquiries.... Mad
You might want to try them again. I emailed them the same question last week and the replied the next day. If I remember correctly it was going to be $95.00 to renew for the year, told them not to renew. I only use it as an emergency backup to magicjack and a second line. Propbably used less than 300 minutes for the entire year anyways.
kabo0m
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This already sounds better than MagicJack. Is there still free service or is it now paid only? How much?

I currently have MagicJack and since I am in Canada I use a USA number.
VanguardLH
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the original adware "free" service is no longer available, why is this still a sticky article in this forum? It's not relevant anymore. Unstick it.
Bilalzaidi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately you have to pay to avail this service Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: