magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Voice mail waiting indicator light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricks
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Voice mail waiting indicator light Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me if MJ supports voice message waiting idicator light on phone if so equipted?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No VM light sorry.
Krakow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice mail waiting indicator light Reply with quote

Ricks wrote:
Can anybody tell me if MJ supports voice message waiting idicator light on phone if so equipted?

I just spent an hour on the chat support with MJ... and believe it or not, they don't even support their OWN voice mail indicator button on the softphone! NOR is there a way to turn off their voice mail, so if you get a message, you will never know unless you constantly call into check. I like the Magic Jack - but to be honest, if I can't count on knowing I have a voice mail waiting for me, then I can't use it as a phone line I can rely on.

My only answer is to use Google Voice, requiring an announcement (this grabs the VM from the MJ) - but at least they support their VM indicators.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have to ALWAYS call in and check for VM since MJ forwards your VM to your email with a wav attachment of the voicemail!!

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krakow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
You dont have to ALWAYS call in and check for VM since MJ forwards your VM to your email with a wav attachment of the voicemail!!

Joe Sica

Unfortunately, I only get about 75-85% of my voice mails actually going to email.

sometimes they come through within minutes... other days, I might get them in a matter of hours, and some just never arrive at all. It does seem from my testing that there are days it works better than others - and yes... I have tested it on three different servers, my own server, gmail as well as another reliable mail server.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow never had that problem here. In fact many times my VM box says no messages but I get an email with a message!! I have had them reset my VM box 3 times now. Last time was months ago and thankfully it has been working ok.
I do agree their OWN softphone should show when you have a message. It used to in the past but not all the time.. So it is worthless.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krakow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,
for some reason the email messages were a lot more consistent a few months ago - but since then I have moved it from my macintosh to a dedicated xp pro box, so I can't say for sure whether it's the platform, or the MJ voice mail system causing the problem... all I know is that I can't rely on it anymore. My VMAIL button worked fine until a few days ago, and now won't light up at all, which made me realize I have a problem using this as my main phone line

-Kr
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since MJ voicemail resides on their server I don't see how your OS, be it Windows or Mac, should have any affect on it. Have "support" reset your voicemail. DON'T let them tell you it is on your end or you need to format your MJ or anything else. That's a crock as VM works if my MJ is in a closet and my PC was shipped to China!! Ask to speak the the next level if they sugggest ANYTHING after you ask them, nicely of course, to reset your voicemail. Of course it will go back to the generic greeting and 1234 as your password.
There was a bug a few months ago where I had to say MY greeting over and over again until it took. No idea if that is still a problem.

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: