magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VMAIL button lights up now ?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubyjewel77
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: MJ VM Reply with quote

I got an email telling me I have a voicemail:

Dear MagicJack User:

You received a new 0:14 min long voicemail message from ********** in your mailbox. This is message id 1 received on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 09:03:02 PM. To access your voicemail dial your extension and press * key at the welcome prompt.

Thank you.
Magicjack
SpamBox
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's better than what I get. The date & time are always screwy!
hadezee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to test it out again... got the email today, no studder, no light on VMAIL, or on the phone.
vade64
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Message waiting indicator and stutter dial tone Reply with quote

I have my MJ service ported to a Linksys RTP300 and I'm no longer using the USB dongle. It works fine other than the message waiting indicator blinks and I get stutter dial tone as if I have voice messages waiting but there are none. I have tried resetting my VM and deleting all messages, no joy. I've searched on the forum here but have not yet been able to find any other thread that is even close. Any help would be appreciated.
rbsmith2000
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem and there were 3 things I did to make it go entirely away.

1) Replaced Norton Anti virus with MS Security essentials (it's free)
2) Changed Windows tuning Option to schedule Background processess over programs
3) Removed an old wireless connection manager. Even though the dedicated PC was on an Ethernet connection, an old DLINK connection manager appeared to be trying to manage the connection and taking chunks of CPU in the process. There was no use for it, so I deleted it.
rbsmith2000
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem and there were 3 things I did to make it go entirely away.

1) Replaced Norton Anti virus with MS Security essentials (it's free)
2) Changed windoows tuning Option to schedule Background processess over programs
3) Removed an old wireless connection manager. Even though the dedicated PC was on an Ethernet connection,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: