magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does MJ use a backup phone number during internet outages?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outlier
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Does MJ use a backup phone number during internet outages? Reply with quote

I just transferred over to MagicJack from Vonage. One thing I liked about Vonage is that in case of internet or power outages, they automatically rerouted calls to a backup phone number that I assigned (in my case it was my cell phone number). They call it Call Continuity. I'm wondering if MagicJack has such a feature? I know there is a call forwarding feature that you can manually enable online, but if there is a power or internet outage, some people might not be able to log in to enable it during an internet outage.

Does anyone know? If it doesn't exist, it would a great thing to add to their suggestions box.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

StanR
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a neat idea. But I know of no feature where Magicjack will roll-over if not MJ response (power out).

If the opower is out, perhaps accessing your MJ account via a phone browser could get access to setting a forwarding parameter.

I've heard that Google Voice might be your solution. Move your MJ number to GV and then have GV ring both the MJ (with a new number) and your Cell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: