magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB to AC Adapter replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitzy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: USB to AC Adapter replacement Reply with quote

My USB to AC adapter for the Magic Jack Plus apparently has taken a power surge and does not work anymore. How do I find a replacement? Can I use any brand of USB to AC adapter or does it have to be the Magic Jack Plus adapter? If so, how can I get a replacement?
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any brand AC to USB adapter, with output 5.0 volt - 1.0 amp
Don't get a cheap looking one, it will be cheap and maybe not so good.
Mitzy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Mitzy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I find one of these? I've been looking online and at some stores but haven't found any that I'm sure are the rights ones yet. Would this one be ok?

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-High-Performance-Adapter-8085003/dp/B003A4H2LI/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344026508&sr=1-6&keywords=AC+to+USB+Adapter
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"looks" OK, ..... but is it 5.0 volt 1.0 amp output ?

This one seems to have the correct specs: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-CNR6300-Travel-Charger-Adapter/dp/B0047EP8IY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344033075&sr=1-3&keywords=AC+to+USB+Adapter
Kerroj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: MJ+ AC adapter stopped working Reply with quote

Tried to turn on my MJ+ phone on this morning and nothing, no dial tone just silence. I saw that the little green and yellow function lights on the MJ+ weren't on. I tried unplugging the adapter from the power strip that it's connected to and plugging it back in - nothing. Thinking it could perhaps be a failure in the power strip (after checking the reset button) I plugged it into a wall socket that I knew was working - nothing. Next, I tried plugging the MJ+ USB into my computer USB instead just to make sure that worked - and it did (and proceeded to do an automatic software update.) So now I knew the AC adapter has failed somehow. So now how do I get another one? Thank goodness for Google and this forum! I found my answers right here in these posts. Thanks for the detailed info and links! When I saw the link for the Kodak adapter I thought hmmmm that looks very much like the one that goes with my Kodak ZX3 camcorder. I got it out and checked the electrical requirements and sure enough it's compatible. Plugged that sucker right in and the MJ+ powered-up immediately! Now I just have to get another one for the ZX3 again.
Kerroj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Kodak AC USB Adapter Reply with quote

Below is a link for the Kodak AC USB Adapter on eBay from a USA seller who is offering them for $1.99 each w/free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320989968227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
tefin13am
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: USB to AC Adapter replacement Reply with quote

Mitzy wrote:
My USB to AC adapter for the Magic Jack Plus apparently has taken a power surge and does not work anymore. How do I find a replacement? Can I use any brand of USB to AC adapter or does it have to be the Magic Jack Plus adapter? If so, how can I get a replacement?

You can order replacement on your magicJack PLUS adapter. Just go to their website or chat one of their representative.

OR

http://magicjack.com/faq/

Click on the link above and search for "Adapter" then click on the first statement "Can I order a replacement power adapter?"

Very Happy
Kerroj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: USB to AC Adapter replacement Reply with quote

[/quote]

You can order replacement on your magicJack PLUS adapter. Just go to their website or chat one of their representative.

OR

http://magicjack.com/faq/

Click on the link above and search for "Adapter" then click on the first statement "Can I order a replacement power adapter?"

Very Happy[/quote]

Thanks for that. You can order one free of charge w/free shipping but limit one per customer. Funny how there's no option to buy one in case the next one fails..
Kerroj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Insufficient postage on MJ package! Reply with quote

Got my "free" replacement MJ+ AC power adapter and my post office charged me 85 cents for insufficient postage on MJs' package! The MJ on-line chat rep "Blake" was no help at all, so 85 cents for a "free" AC power adapter.. Mad
Mitzy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the replacement adapter and received it yesterday. I didn't have to pay anything extra for postage. It must of just been a fluke that you ended up having to pay 85 cents for postage.
dsewell
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my last look in Feb. 2016, the MJ site wasn't offering the adapter, but earlier today it was offering it for free and was charging $6-something for shipping.

eBay doesn't show the $2 Kodak adapter now, but they're there at a higher price.

The Samsung Galaxy adapter says 5V 2.0A, but the iPhone 5S adapter says 5V 1A, so that's another kind to use with the MJ. Some eBay adapters give you the output.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: