magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgraded HP Thin Clients: UPDATE - All Sold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Upgraded HP Thin Clients: UPDATE - All Sold Reply with quote

I had so much fun putting together my 2 thin clients and helping others that I have ordered some parts to put together some HP Thin Clients I plan on selling. I haven't decided if I want to go the ebay route or here, but I'll put my feelers out to see if there is any interest here.

Each of the 4 units will have these specs

HP t5700 1Ghz Thin Client w/Stand
512MB PC2700 RAM (brand new)
1GB Brand New Transcend Disk On Module flash memory (3x faster than stock flash module)
Brand New power supply
Windows XPE

Each unit will be fully tested. I am thinking of $135 plus actual shipping based on what I have paid for the parts.

I'll also have a few leftover 256mb flash modules and 192mb from the upgrades if anyone wants to make an offer on them.

Last edited by stroths on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottl
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking through the forums here and shopping on Ebay to determine if I wanted to go ahead and create my own MJ embedded PC so that I can turn my power hungry tower off when not needed.

After looking through the prices and hassle of creating such a device, I would be very interested in your fully tested device. Seems like $100 to $125 is a reasonable price for that. Depending on how "used" the device is, $135 would not be out of line for a truly plug and play system.
stroths

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the 4 units in today and 3 of them are spoken for already. They appear to be in good condition and power up as expected. I have also gotten in the 4 new power supplies and am waiting on the RAM and Flash memory upgrades to get in. If I am lucky, I will get them tomorrow, but I suspect it will be more like Monday or Tuesday of next week.
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4 units have been sold, so anyone that hasn't sent me a PM thus far is out of luck from me unfortunately. I don't plan on doing this anymore, because its too time consuming. It was a fun learning experience though and I am glad I was able to help out the 4 people that needed the thin clients.

Anyone else that is interested should check out ebay and the link to my thread in my signature. There are links to the parts I used for upgrading as well as a custom OS build I used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: