magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thin Clients for sale on ebay Heads UP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacked_Up
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Thin Clients for sale on ebay Heads UP! Reply with quote

There are 4 ea 1.2 ghz magic jack ready HP thin clients up on ebay to end this Sunday. I wanted to get one myself but don't have the funding just yet. Looks like a descent deal, since it has the capability to run the extra software as well. Read description for details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180751150858?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

4 just like this one, all the same seller, auctions starting at $42 shipped, and each auction is only a minute or so apart..

THIS Sunday afternoon! Good luck, they are not my auctions, I promise!
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients for sale on ebay Heads UP! Reply with quote

Jacked_Up wrote:
There are 4 ea 1.2 ghz magic jack ready HP thin clients up on ebay to end this Sunday. I wanted to get one myself but don't have the funding just yet. Looks like a descent deal, since it has the capability to run the extra software as well. Read description for details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180751150858?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

4 just like this one, all the same seller, auctions starting at $42 shipped, and each auction is only a minute or so apart..

THIS Sunday afternoon! Good luck, they are not my auctions, I promise!

You get what you pay for ya know.....
First off, it only has 256M of RAM, just barely enough to run magicJack updates.

Secondly, she's claiming in the "Fyi" that it only draws 12 to 15 watts. Either she doesn't know what she's talking about or she's lying. With that HDMI output video card she's added I assure you that unit will pull more than one that uses the internal. PLUS, what's she talking about in that fyi paragraph that the 5710 is the best of the 3......best of the three WHAT? I suspect she's cut and pasted some other seller's wording and pasted it in her ad as if SHE came up with it.

If that's not enough to rattle you, she has a disclaimer on there about her "security seal" which if removed, will invalidate your warrantly and she will not accept a return.

Soooooooo, what happens if you buy that unit, need to upgrade the memory just to get MJ to install properly, open it, invalidate your warranty and THEN find out MJ software will not install properly because of a failed component?

But hey, if you need to burn a couple of $20 dollar bills, I'm sure there are people on here that will strike the match for ya.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Jacked_Up
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh, sorry, I assumed this was the real deal. Stated they had the upgraded processors and could easily run the Jack. All the others ones I looked at had smaller processors, etc and were close to $100. They must not be easy to find.. Anyway, it's all said and done and auctions are over.
jeison
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems, with the new MJplus, thing clients are goin down in price very quicky
kos99ngel
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a HP Thin Client for $45 with 8GB of space not that 256. I got a good deal 3 years ago. Sadly the seller I purchase from doesn't sale thin client's anymore....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: