magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Plug" MagicJack Caller ID Fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwcastle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: "The Plug" MagicJack Caller ID Fix Reply with quote

For those who aren't handy with a soldering iron and small electronic components or just too lazy to get the parts and build it themselves, I've made "The Plug" which has the 100k ohm resistor already in it. All you have to do is plug it in.
Here's a YouTube video showing how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3g9AjcYDc

Witeout
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Plug" MagicJack Caller ID Fix Reply with quote

jwcastle wrote:
For those who aren't handy with a soldering iron and small electronic components or just too lazy to get the parts and build it themselves, I've made "The Plug" which has the 100k ohm resistor already in it. All you have to do is plug it in.
Here's a YouTube video showing how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3g9AjcYDc

Does this device show the name of the caller? Or the number only?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will only show the number, UNLESS you have a phone who, when it sees the caller ID #, it will then take the name from the PHONES caller menu. The one you entered into the phone. If not then you will ONLY see the # on the phone hooked into the MJ. One of my phones does this and the other does not..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Witeout
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I fgured that. My phones already show the number.
jwcastle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitstopjoe said it best. Magicjack only sends the phone number to your phone, and not the name.
In a way, it's similar to a cell phone. If someone that you don't know calls your cell phone, you'll only see the number. But if that number is in your phonebook, then it will show the name.

Jerry from www.magicjackcalleridfix.com
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwcastle wrote:
Bitstopjoe said it best. Magicjack only sends the phone number to your phone, and not the name.
In a way, it's similar to a cell phone. If someone that you don't know calls your cell phone, you'll only see the number. But if that number is in your phonebook, then it will show the name.

True except not every phone will show the name if it is in the phone's menu. I wish they all would, but some do not. I know because the one I happen to have on my MJ does not, bummer.
Good luck with your product...reminds me of myself when I was in my 20's and made something to make single sided 5 1/4 disks double sided ( YES I am that old Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
jwcastle wrote:

True except not every phone will show the name if it is in the phone's menu. I wish they all would, but some do not. I know because the one I happen to have on my MJ does not, bummer.
Good luck with your product...reminds me of myself when I was in my 20's and made something to make single sided 5 1/4 disks double sided ( YES I am that old Smile

Joe Sica
YOU ARE OLD....lol I was only 16 when I made 5 1/4 disks double sided.....
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin8629 wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
jwcastle wrote:

Joe Sica
YOU ARE OLD....lol I was only 16 when I made 5 1/4 disks double sided.....

HA............ The pot calling the kettle black huh Smile

I remember installing some chips I found into an Atari single sided drive and turned it into a double sided drive therefore doubling the storage. Man I sold a lot of those and also installed a lot of those too. Good times good times...........and simpler times as well, in the PC world that is..

Joe Sica
jwcastle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use those large 8" floppies? I don't even know what kind of computers use an 8" floppy disk. I know some of the older Apples, Ataris, and Commodores used the 5.25 and the 3.5" ones.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwcastle wrote:
Did you use those large 8" floppies? I don't even know what kind of computers use an 8" floppy disk. I know some of the older Apples, Ataris, and Commodores used the 5.25 and the 3.5" ones.

Never at home but I did use them on the job at that time.....Along with operating an IBM 360 mainframe which had it's software loaded via punch cards which were collated on an IBM 083 sorter... Hard drives were just entering the scene, BIG washing machine ones.. A meg or two at best of storage...
So yep times have sure changed. In 30 years we will be saying the same thing about what we are using now.. Keyboards?? UGH, Monitors?? Ugh..Ipad? Please........ Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
jwcastle wrote:

Never at home but I did use them on the job at that time.....Along with operating an IBM 360 mainframe which had it's software loaded via punch cards which were collated on an IBM 083 sorter... Hard drives were just entering the scene, BIG washing machine ones.. A meg or two at best of storage...
So yep times have sure changed. In 30 years we will be saying the same thing about what we are using now.. Keyboards?? UGH, Monitors?? Ugh..Ipad? Please........ Smile

Wow. And I thought I was old. Cool
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
jwcastle wrote:

With each generation in the USA getting worse than the previous one were going to need others with the will and ambition to show us how to use all the next generation electronics. I have many friends that are engineers. They want to hire Americans for the line of work they are in. Finding qualified American engineers is harder than getting Obama to go along with a balanced budget amendment.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
jwcastle wrote:

Wow. And I thought I was old. Cool

Thought?????????????? Smile
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
jwcastle wrote:

With each generation in the USA getting worse than the previous one were going to need others with the will and ambition to show us how to use all the next generation electronics. I have many friends that are engineers. They want to hire Americans for the line of work they are in. Finding qualified American engineers is harder than getting Obama to go along with a balanced budget amendment.

Amen brother..........
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Thought?????????????? Smile

Oh yea? Well I think that......ummm what were we talking about? Shocked
jwcastle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were talking about selling my MagicJackCallerID plugs and some how we ended up talking about old age, politics, foreign policy, jobs, and everything else... Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwcastle wrote:
We were talking about selling my MagicJackCallerID plugs and some how we ended up talking about old age, politics, foreign policy, jobs, and everything else... Laughing

3rd base...............( only Abbott and Costello fans get that)

Smile
jwcastle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who???
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwcastle wrote:
Who???

Who is on first!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: