magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Someone else Magic Jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
octajohnny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorta off topic / wrong forum, but sorta related, so sorry in advance if this question has been answered already, but I don't frequent the forums that much. I tried searching and googling but couldn't find a definitive answer...

My magicjack broke (actually it broke because it wouldn't connect and all the chat rep had me do was take it in and out of the USB port, til I finally broke the USB casing). I had just renewed my sub for the next year.

So I got a hand me down, actually for a buck on Ebay Smile

Anyway, I think it was one of them that got banned for making too many outgoing calls. He gave me the phone #, password, etc, but it says no user / pass, and the magicjack itself says "no internet connection".

I can see the serial # by clicking on the icon and it's grey out and also says "unregistered".

Is there a way to mod the serial # to that of my active yet broken magicjack / transfer the number? The support techs just said I can only buy a new device for $20, but I figured if there was a workaround, I'd find it here, so this is the closest thread my searches led me too.

Again, apologies if off topic / wrong forum.

oj-
hitandrun83
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure you could probably edit the files. i have found a full install program for magicjack.on their website. so if you formatted the drive. it could be put back on. maybe that will help.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitandrun83 wrote:
im sure you could probably edit the files. i have found a full install program for magicjack.on their website. so if you formatted the drive. it could be put back on. maybe that will help.

You havent a clue on what the heck you are talking about...Edit WHAT files on the Dongle??? You cant format the MJ "drive" anymore. Again you havent a clue on what you are talking about..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

octajohnny wrote:
sorta off topic / wrong forum, but sorta related, so sorry in advance if this question has been answered already, but I don't frequent the forums that much. I tried searching and googling but couldn't find a definitive answer...

My magicjack broke (actually it broke because it wouldn't connect and all the chat rep had me do was take it in and out of the USB port, til I finally broke the USB casing). I had just renewed my sub for the next year.

So I got a hand me down, actually for a buck on Ebay Smile

Anyway, I think it was one of them that got banned for making too many outgoing calls. He gave me the phone #, password, etc, but it says no user / pass, and the magicjack itself says "no internet connection".

I can see the serial # by clicking on the icon and it's grey out and also says "unregistered".

Is there a way to mod the serial # to that of my active yet broken magicjack / transfer the number? The support techs just said I can only buy a new device for $20, but I figured if there was a workaround, I'd find it here, so this is the closest thread my searches led me too.

Again, apologies if off topic / wrong forum.

oj-

Not sure if this will help you or not..

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/re-registering-majic-jack-t9284.html
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hitandrun83
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pardon me, http://pcatr.im/K7 cannot format the drive? what does their doc say?
bitstopjoe, you are correct. C:\Users\youraccounthere\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\ is where i should have said. However i did not say anything about editing the files on the dongle. Thinking that maybe files where on the dongle, only hidden. Which they were, in the .exe files.

If it were me, i'd copy the sjblahblah.dll file from one mjusbsp folder, to the next and see what happens.
Since you had a magicjack already installed before, when you install the "blocked" one, I can only assume that it did another install. If this is the case, then you'll see, mjusbsp2.

or you could just send the magicjack to me, let me fix the thing for you for a small price and dont worry about the broken one. Send them both, then you can use the usb port from one to the other, that'll save on cost of parts.
hitandrun83
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://web04.magicjack.com/my/subscription.html?myfocus=changeDevName i wonder if you changed the device name from your old one to the new one would fix it? Who knows, until you try it out. course you have to sign in and all that. Post what you find out.

edit
let me clarify before the gods of this forum harass me. you had a previous account, which you renewed the subscription. use that account, copy the number on that one and paste it in a notepad to save it. take your handme down ebay one's sn number and change the devname. If it works ill be happy.
fa28
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: used MJ Reply with quote

Just bought a used MJ dongle at a Goodwill outlet for $0.12. I have no idea of previous owner's password or email, Which I'm asked for to log in to renew subscription.
Is there anything I can do with this, Does it have any value to anyone.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIVE YOUR USED OR EXPIRED MAGICJACK A BRAND NEW LIFE

Yes - you have at least 2 options for making use of that used/expired magicJack USB dongle without a MJ subscription: Skype or Whistlephone (or any other SIP protocol based VoIP provider and there are scores of them to choose from worldwide).

You can download the SkyjackPlugin from http://www.pcphonesoft.com and use the magicJack USB dongle with Skype (http://www.skype.com) for placing calls with a regular phone. There are over 500 million Skype users worldwide.

Alternatively, you can download the XlitejackPlugin from http://www.pcphonesoft.com and use the magicJack USB dongle with Whistlephone (http://www.whistlephone.com) for placing calls with a regular phone. Whistlephone currently offer free U.S. calling and give you a free U.S. phone number. If they don't have a phone number in your area code available you can use it with a Google Voice number that is also free.

Using the SkyjackPlugin or XlitejackPlugin, calls are placed just like you do with a regular landline using your phone keypad. For incoming calls just answer your phone when it rings.
Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone else Magic Jack Reply with quote

koki00 wrote:
Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks

In a word. No.

You will need the original owners acct info so you can access the acct and change it over to yours. Registration of the MJ will always be to the original owner, according to MJ that can not be changed.

Just wait for the new MagicJack Plus units to come out and buy them. You won't need any PC to run the MJ on, and the whole phone system (MJ/PC) will use much less power (Smaller electric bills) because of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: