magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reset MagicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bear
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reset MagicJack Reply with quote

Just wondering is there a way to reset MagicJack. I have been using it on a Vista machine and I'm so happy with it I'm dropping Qwest very soon. So I built a thin client (which is XPe based) and everything there works great until I plug in the MJ then it blue screens. I think it might be that the Vista fix was installed to the MJ which might be the problem but I'm not going to know until I start with a fresh MJ.

OPPS sorry put it in the wrong area.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Thunder
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not stored on the MJ device.

Try this. Posted by HolmanGT it should solve your issue.

Blue Screen upon plugging in MagicJack (instructions by HolmanGT)
Make sure you don't have your Magic Jack plugged in during this procedure.

Your USB Controller entries will look like table #1 before you change anything:

Table #1

Universal Serial Bus Controllers
ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
USB Composite Device
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

Universal Serial Bus Controller
ALi PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub

Select:

ALi PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller

Select this item, right click and select Update Driver. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) then select Next. Then select “don’t search, I will choose the driver to install”. Select Next. Leave the selection box for "Show compatible hardware” checked.

There should be two items in the Model box. Select the second item.

“Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller”.

Then select Next and after it is thru installing then Select Finish.
Your USB Controller entries will now look like the entries in Table #2:

Table #2

Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
USB Composite Device
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

Right click on all three USB Root Hub entries one at a time and select Properties then the Power Tab and un-check the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. This power saving must be turned off or you may experience things like the MagicJack failing to respond after it has been sitting idle for a time.

Now do a "commit" (if you fail to commit your work it will be gone the next time you reboot and you will be allowed to redo it all again) allow your machine time to implement all your changes and you should be good to go. Now plug in your Magicjack unit and it should boot up and look Mom, no more blue screen of death.[hr:4eb302be72]
Comcast
Bear
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, worked like a champ.

My new Thin Client is now working GREAT.

I have to thank HolmanGT for getting me started in the right direction and for a great deal on 1G/1G for my HP t5710. That was the easiest thing I did on the whole project. He gave me great directions for installing DirectX the correct way. Along with several insights to the task at hand.

I also want to thank VaHam for the steps and guide for setting it up. I didn't always do everything in the guide but the things I skipped was just personal choices

So after it was set up and it bluescreened when plugging in the MJ Thunder gave me a perfect fix for it.

So now it just sets up on a shelf with a little green light on and I use TeamViewer to check on it or when I want and if I need a phone number off.

I spent about 4 hrs getting it going of which 1.5 hrs was going to Best Buy to find a male to male vga cable and yes I know buying cables at Best Buy is so wrong ($$$$) but I had to have it and they count on that.

Thanks to everyone that helped

Bear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: