magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing mobile app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexLoelkes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Removing mobile app Reply with quote

I need to change my current mobile app number. Is this possible?
svimagine
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Mobile app Reply with quote

I've been trying to have my mobile app stopped for weeks now. Customer support is useless. I'm hoping when my current subscription expires my MJ app will also.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When logged into magicJack website, click the phone numbers tab.
Scroll down until you see the magicJack App Mobile Devices.
Under "Number" pull down from your current selected phone number to the "magicNumber - free" choice, with a number like *01234567890*

You'll get a bright green notice box saying "Assigned number changed from (800) 555-1212 to *01234567890* for this magicJack APP for Android�.

(Similar with iOS).

Now, you'll no longer receive phone calls from a regular phone to your App. Someone would have to know your magicJack number to call you from another magicJack. Not very likely.

If you no longer plan on using the App, under "Account" tab in the magicJack website, pull down to AutoRenew. Turn "AutoRenew" for your preferred app to the "off" position. The device should disappear in the next renew period.

Under phone numbers tab, if the App's regular phone number now appears in the "Unassigned Numbers" area, decide whether you want the number to auto renew.

Otherwise, you were probably using your magicJack device's phone numbers from a regular magicJack device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: