magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-image WYSE 9450xe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkLight
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re-image WYSE 9450xe Reply with quote

Hello Friends

I need to re-image WYSE 9450xe TC does anyone have instructions to re-image it?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to

www.freewysemonkeys.com

and search their forums. they have a lot of in depth stuff and the utilities you will need for download.
TheMountainMan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might work with your MJ without having to re-image your unit. I own 2 of those TC's and trust me it's more trouble than it's worth to try to re-image them. No matter what you do, they won't boot from a USB stick. Both of my WYSE 9450xe worked fine with my MJ after simply adding the USB drivers.
ANTHONYLUIS
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: magic jack hangs up Reply with quote

TheMountainMan wrote:
It might work with your MJ without having to re-image your unit. I own 2 of those TC's and trust me it's more trouble than it's worth to try to re-image them. No matter what you do, they won't boot from a USB stick. Both of my WYSE 9450xe worked fine with my MJ after simply adding the USB drivers.

my 9450xe just hangs up i see the magic jack on the screen sayinf tell your friends magic jack .com one minutee of patience... DOES NOT DO ANYTHING...

I RE-INSTALLED THE DRIVER.. AND ITS GOOD
spoolin01
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: magic jack hangs up Reply with quote

ANTHONYLUIS wrote:
TheMountainMan wrote:

my 9450xe just hangs up i see the magic jack on the screen sayinf tell your friends magic jack .com one minutee of patience... DOES NOT DO ANYTHING...

I RE-INSTALLED THE DRIVER.. AND ITS GOOD
More info is needed to tell what's wrong with your MJ setup, if you're still having trouble.

To the OP - the older Wyse devices (~pre-SX0L) can only easily be managed using the Wyse Device Management software (or WSI which is similar in setup requirements I believe), which is not too hard or too easy to set up, but works great once it's running (XP/7 or WinServer machines only, I think). I suppose you could work around that by imaging the flash outside the TC with some other image source, but you'd have to get the VIA drivers and such. The newer devices (for sure the VX0 and later), can be easily imaged by USB thumb drive using Wyse freeware and images.

The freewysemonkeys site is a gold mine, but I doubt they want of bunch of noobs clogging it up with noob questions - it seems mostly a network admins' site. Wyse also maintains a tech forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: