magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
program to remove the magicjack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgrams
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: program to remove the magicjack Reply with quote

I found this internet site, I haven't used the uninstaller yet and I suspect anyone who has isn't going to be around here but it is available. I will either use this or other information I've seen to uninstall this program, other information is step by step.

Anyway, http://dundats.mvps.org/mj.htm
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

eq2675
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be careful with this app.

It deleted my D:\Files\Batch folder where I had a MJ startup and stop scripts. I am running Steadystate and had a backup of the folder, so no harm done on my PC.
sgrams
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. I have used the program on both of my computers which had magicjack installed on them and I've not noticed any negative impact on either computer. So far I recommend using the program to get rid of magicjack, I know there are other manual methods but this worked for me.
BigWaylon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just curious...is there any reason to remove MJ software from the PC if you buy a new MJ unit?

I'm assuming when I plug in the new one I go through the same setup and get a new phone number...just curious if I should start fresh or just run with what's already there. It's on a dedicated machine, if that makes any difference (can't imagine it does).

Thanks.
Greg
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to MJ online support and found this MJ remover:

http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe

Has anyone tried this? If so, did it completely remove the MJ program and registry entries?
mel2000
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where on the MagicJack website can one get to that executable link? The http://upgrades.talk4free.com page has no verbiage or graphics indicating that it is a legitimate MagicJack website.
Xen1969
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:
I went to MJ online support and found this MJ remover:

http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe

Has anyone tried this? If so, did it completely remove the MJ program and registry entries?

I just used it as I haven't used my Magicjack in over a year.

It seemed to work and removed it from my list of installed programs in XP (Add or Remove Programs).

It placed a file on my desktop called "mjRemoverLog". Here is what is in that log:

[11:28:51.220 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] mjRemover started
[11:28:51.240 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Stopping MJ proccesses
[11:28:54.294 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Delete files and folders
[11:28:55.636 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Remove known paths
[11:28:55.706 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication
[11:28:55.767 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\talk4free
[11:28:55.827 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Deleted value "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "cdloader"
[11:28:55.857 PID:0x000004B0 TID:0x00000AD8] Success

However I just searched my registry for anything related to MagicJack and there are still registry entries left behind. There is one in HKEY USERS under Software and then the folder titled MagicJack.

Hope this helps.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: MJ Uninstaller Program Reply with quote

To get the uninstall program via the MJ site, go to:

http://www.magicjack.com/7/faq/

then type in the word "uninstall".

One of the answers is "How do I uninstall magicJack from my computer?"

Click on that question, and the link in my previous post will appear: "Click here to download mjRemover.exe."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: