magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*POTENTIAL* MJ Stock/Shareholders' Class Action Lawsuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: *POTENTIAL* MJ Stock/Shareholders' Class Action Lawsuit Reply with quote

See link below for details. This is only applicable to MJ stock/shareholders; note that it's a PRNewswire release and NOT a general news release - and is even actually LABELED as "Attorney Advertising" (i.e. corporate ambulance-chasing; may or may not be legit, may or may not be of any consequence whatsoever):

http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2013/01/14/bronstein-gewirtz-grossman-llc-announces-investigation-of-magicjack-vocaltec-ltd/
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is ambulance chasing but fully legit.Whether or not any action will follow is a different thing. I hope it will.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Yes, it is ambulance chasing but fully legit.Whether or not any action will follow is a different thing. I hope it will.

Most of the time, these kinds of things seem to go nowhere.
Most all investors know that the value of very small-cap stocks such as CALL - especially those that don't normally trade in very high volume on a daily basis - are VERY easily manipulated by company insiders, stock traders, stock hawkers, etc., and know the risks inherent in buying and/or shorting them (years ago they used to be called "penny" or "pink sheet" stocks).

Very rarely do such things, in and of themselves, result in a company simply going out of business. In MJ's case it is much more likely, *I* think, that it will *eventually* be sold or otherwise acquired by somebody else or some other corporate entity.

Regardless, it's all pretty much inconsequential to/for MJ consumers - at least for the foreseeable future.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: This topic/thread is now obsolete Reply with quote

See new News topic re: shareholders' class action filed in New York for more accurate and up-to-date info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: