magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can an old Magicjack+ be used as a USB to Ethernet Adapter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techsonic83
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Can an old Magicjack+ be used as a USB to Ethernet Adapter? Reply with quote

Can an old Magicjack+ be used as a USB to Ethernet Adapter?

I have a dongle from ages past when Magicjack made it's second gen dongle that came with the Ethernet, still have the old one that was PC only. Anyways, I can't use it anymore due to it not connecting to MJ services, probably not supported anymore.

Here is the deal though, I have an old Laptop that can't handle much of anything other then Windows ME, I might get 2000NT on it, but I don't have any drivers to get for it. Compaq Persario or what ever. It doesn't have a PCMCIA card slot and only has two usb slots and a phone modem in it. No wireless adapter at all, so could I use my MJ dongle to work a LAN connection through it to the laptop?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt it. Your better bet would be to find a usb wireless adapter. I have one that cost $10, but it only supports XP and later. Do a search to see if a vendor is selling old stock that supports your operating system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: