magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
***New Mods T5730 a Dual-Core 64-bit CPU & PCIe G-card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no reply on my chosen port, I know with another program that I've recently set up that another port I have gotten to work (but that was to my windows PC) so it could be my isp still blocking my original chosen port..

I may also give installing the luci open vpn app gui see if that gives me any addational options or visual indicators
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I've now just installed luci-app-openvpn, logged onto the HooToo via web browser and LuCI GUI.

I now get a "Services" menu and OpenVPN under that - turns out I can't start the OpenVPN service and the service isn't starting so that's why my chosen port isn't open / responding boo
985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, another update from me - still no luck getting the service to start :/
but I'm changing ISP's in a couple of weeks and as far as I can tell they don't block the default VPN ports.

So I'll put the configs as "default" from previous posts
985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some how...
no idea how
but

I've apparently completely ommitted the installation of openvpn and easy-rsa packages..

no idea how I've managed to do thsi but there we go...

I've got got my hootoo with me today so not able to do any package installs at the moment (damn proxy server) but I'll be correcting that tonight, then I'll set off building new keys too while i'm there (I kept them from my previous attempts)
985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, so on my new ISP now - I do still have the windows VPN client setup and did the portforwarding but the default 1194 port still appears to be closed :/

At the moment I rebuilding all the keys as per the solution post, Once done I'll re-configure the my firewall and add my custom service port.

the BT HomeHub 5 already had some pre-configured VPN stuff so they must surely allow VPN's to be run.. I guess I could of screwed the windows VPN up in someway but hey - a full pc is a bit heavy power wise for the VPN compared to the HooToo..

I've still not worked out why the service isn't starting, I'm sort of hoping it's something to do with the keys...

but equally it could be todo with me clicking the "keep configs" curing upgrade but 600cc wrote
Quote:
Yes. Force of habit; I couldn't be bothered with a factory restore and reconfiguring afterwards. Don't know if I should have done, but it doesn't appear to have broken anything.

so who knows there..

anyway the HomeHub 5 is so much better than the Sky Hub - I've un-synced the 5GHz and 2.4GHz radios - it makes more sence to me then you know which one you're on - the 2.4GHz has a much better range than the 5GHz all be it a bit slower - but both still reach further than the Sky Hub ever did

Anyway once I've built these key I can at least then move onto seeing if the service starts ^__^

o//
985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!

I've got the process started - regened all my key but in the end I think the service refused to start due to the following line in etc/config/openvpn
Code:

option dh /etc/openvpn/dh2048.pem

I left it as dh512.pem but built a 2048 key ^_^

so - just need to set up my port forwarding then test Very Happy
985ach
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soo HooToo is plugged back into my network, IP config set and talking...
Portforwardign setup but chosen port still isn't listening but I did read that it won't do unless it receives the correct packet to activate it.

I'm getting a TLS key negotion failure on my OPVN windows client, Now I don't know if thats to do with client side, my works internet filtering or the VPNServer...
any way plodding on
Lex-
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: T5730 Riser Reply with quote

I want to know if the T5740 PCI (32 bit) riser card can be used on the T5730 ?

I can't locate detailed pictures to compare both risers...

Thanks.
koxoh
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear!

I've made some upgrades in my HP T5735 terminal.

Bought a WiFi card and connect a pigtail and external antenna

Processor replacement Smile 2x2.4GHz on board.

New cooling system was needed...

...with temperature controll Smile

And additional holes for airflow.

Still too hot in enclosure.

And 64GB SSD in mSATA to IDE adapter.
Lex-
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Good News / Bad News Reply with quote

985ach wrote:

Bad News 2, it looks like my BIOS battery has died on my original unit (still waiting for the second one to come) resulting in no display output or any response to the power button.. Grrr a quick Google too me to a HP forum where this was a resolution:

Quote:
Yes, I found a solution after a lot of trial and error.

The reason these devices do not boot (which was true for all the ones I had to fix) is that the CMOS battery is drained. Unlike other computers, these thin clients don't simply boot up with a bad system date and show an error. They just don't run.

I bought new CR2032 batteries, opened the thin client, popped out the old battery and installed the new one and closed it back up.
The first time you power up, you'll see solid green lights again, but hold the power button for 10 seconds and make it shutdown.
Press the power button again and let it boot and it will give you a display, and show an error related to the BIOS settings having been reset. Hit f10? to get into the BIOS, set the correct date, arrange it to use the boot order you like, save and exit.

Your thin client should now be functional.

I've done that and changed my BIOS battery still no response from the power button for me and not LEDs light up on my USB keyboard, looks like it's died in some way unless I'm possibly missing something?

-ash

an old thread, I know, but maybe someone is still looking for the solution:

Check for 3.3 volts at L25 near power switch ( SW1 ), if not voltage available, replace U17 ( APW7120 ).

http://www.anpec.com.tw/ashx_prod_file.ashx?prod_id=381&file_path=20131021164920726.pdf&original_name=APW7120.pdf

For reference please see the picture at:

http://notebook1.ru/forma1/download/file.php?id=55994&sid=f87ac9f056240fce54402ccf51d39897&mode=view

http://notebook1.ru/forma1/viewtopic.php?f=232&t=73335&p=797904#p797904
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

Jump to: