magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Discount Promo email, but looks like a Price Hike on the way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Discount Promo email, but looks like a Price Hike on the way Reply with quote

I just received an email to save on fees if I extend today....but the fees I would be paying today are what I thought I would be paying now, and the email states the regular yearly fee now will be $60, and 5 year fee will be $175. This is news to me unless I've missed something here.

UPDATE: I chatted with MJ support, and they did confirm that there is an official price hike coming, and this is a chance to save some money before it's applied. I activated a 2 year old MJplus I've been holding on to today, and expected to pay the $120 for the 5 year additional, but only paid $99, and got my free year as well on top of my remaining time I still had on the device I switched it out for...things have definitely improved on that front!!
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From $ 19 @ year to $ 60 @ year (+ 4% fees for the boss) ... that is a huge increase .... inflation has hardly been 228 % over last 7 years !!!!!!!
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's true, but also service is much better now that MJ has new owners, and really, even at $60 a year, I used to pay that a month for Bell Sad , so still a good deal...it's just that before it was a GREAT deal Wink

We can now switch #'s to any device if you have more than one like I do, they now add any previously bought time to your device upgrades, and I still got the free year included in my time when I just upgraded...a year or so ago that wasn't the case.
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new owners ?
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
new owners ?

really, doesn't this all apply to new owners to for present and THEIR future Wink Like I said, $60 a month or $175 for 5 years, I still don't think you can beat that with any other service, except Google Voice of course, and I'm sure that's about to change, that's why I didn't go that way.
has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from the e-mail????
"Upon expiration of this offer standard yearly rates will increase from $29.95 to $35 and for 5 year plans from $99.75 to $120.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if you email is older, or different, but just sign into the MJ site, go to products and the price is still listed at $120 for 5 years, but there's a blue circles that says SAVE $55, and as I said, I was told these prices will be the new prices once the sale ends.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
that's true, but also service is much better now that MJ has new owners, and really, even at $60 a year, I used to pay that a month for Bell Sad , so still a good deal...it's just that before it was a GREAT deal Wink

Actually , there is a bunch of decent options with good and honest providers, people just have to do their homework, but I will not do it for them.
bedrockpotters
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
From $ 19 @ year to $ 60 @ year (+ 4% fees for the boss) ... that is a huge increase .... inflation has hardly been 228 % over last 7 years !!!!!!!

Really huge increase here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: