magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2014 MagicJack Plus release date (leaked)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: 2014 MagicJack Plus release date (leaked) Reply with quote

It will be released within the next 24 hours.
Current customers will get it for $29.95.
The price on magicJack.com will be $49.95.

From magicjack.com KB:

The NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS can be used by either plugging it into your modem/router or by plugging it into a USB port on your computer (PC or MAC).

Using the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS with a computer

1. Plug the NEW magicJack PLUS into a USB port on your computer (PC or MAC)

A. If using a MAC, double click the NEW 2014magicJack PLUS icon that appears

B. If using a PC, the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS software will load automatically

You are now ready to make and receive calls.

Using the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS without a computer

1. Plug the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS into the power adapter that has been provided

2. Plug the Ethernet cord that has been provided into the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS

3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cord into your modem our router

4. Plug a telephone into the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS

5. Plug the power adapter into a power outlet

You are now ready to make and receive calls

To register the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS:

Without a computer:

1. Plug the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS into the power adapter that has been provided

2. Plug the Ethernet cord that has been provided into the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS

3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cord into your modem our router

4. Plug a telephone into the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS

5. Plug the power adapter into a power outlet

6. Visit mjreg.com on your computer, tablet or smartphone

IMPORTANT: Your computer, tablet, or smartphone MUST be connected to the same network as the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS to be able to register

With a computer:

1. Plug the NEW 2014magicJack PLUS into a USB port of your computer (PC or MAC)

a. If using a MAC, double click the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS icon that appears

b. If using a PC, the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS software will load automatically

c. Click on "Click Here To Register" in the left window of the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS SoftPhone

2. Follow the on-screen instructions to register with your personal information. You will be given the option to select a number during this registration process
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.......................................... Question
redpepper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really a better deal or just intentional smoke and mirrors marketing and sales by magicJack?

Just a few subtle points worth debate and/or consideration when reviewing the new lower price point of $49.95 for a magicJack Plus:

1. As per magicJack.com website now only includes 6 months of service rather than 12 months. Let's say that is worth $15 less right there (roughly half of the current annual renewal of $29.95).

2. Free call forwarding is no longer provided with your magicJack Plus purchase. This has an overall dollar value when considering the needs of many users. If I recall magicJack were planning to sell this feature as an option for $10 to $20 a year.

3. Free calling to ALL numbers in the United States is not included. The list of local numbers that users must pay separately for to call in the United States is still increasing and new numbers being added to the list continue to catch existing users by complete surprise. This also has an overall dollar value when considering the needs of many users.

Looking at the above picture as a whole, the new magicJack Plus does NOT appear to be a better value than the magicJack Plus was at the previous price point of $69.95 when it was initially introduced over a year ago.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure looks to *me* like the TRULY new MJ hardware isn't ready for retail yet - OR it is but they still had plenty of MJ+'s left to get rid of - so for now they have simply released a new version of the current MJ+ with supposedly improved audio quality and with the new pricing strategy... can't say that I'm impressed...
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as usual MJ is playing with smoke, mirrors and numbers to fool people, the real cost for consumers is going up, up, up!
Until they release the WiFi version, they can change the name and put as many +'es behind the MJ+ as they like, it's still "just" a MJ+, not that the WiFi thing sounds like a big deal, just "a catchy new name".
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
Yes, as usual MJ is playing with smoke, mirrors and numbers to fool people, the real cost for consumers is going up, up, up!
Until they release the WiFi version, they can change the name and put as many +'es behind the MJ+ as they like, it's still "just" a MJ+, not that the WiFi thing sounds like a big deal, just "a catchy new name".

??? Save the hyperbole for some other time; there's no "smoke and mirrors" here. The cost to consumers is *not* going up with this product release, it's simply a product revision.
truthfreedompeace777
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: I ordered the 2014 new magicjack plus today Reply with quote

was told by customer chat rep that the device has WiFi connectivity and usb port.Considering that the CEO also clearly stated that the new plus has 2 usb ports and WiFi connectivity in the recent conference calls,I believe it will have 2 usb ports and WiFi connectivity.I will probably still opt for a wired Ethernet connection for the new device.I am more interested in the reason for the usb ports and really don't think the CEO and chat rep were lying about the new device having 2 usb ports.I could be wrong but I am curious to try out the new device so I ordered one.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I ordered the 2014 new magicjack plus today Reply with quote

truthfreedompeace777 wrote:
was told by customer chat rep that the device has WiFi connectivity and usb port.Considering that the CEO also clearly stated that the new plus has 2 usb ports and WiFi connectivity in the recent conference calls,I believe it will have 2 usb ports and WiFi connectivity.I will probably still opt for a wired Ethernet connection for the new device.I am more interested in the reason for the usb ports and really don't think the CEO and chat rep were lying about the new device having 2 usb ports.I could be wrong but I am curious to try out the new device so I ordered one.

- Be sure to let us know the details on the device that you receive! The website, of course, merely shows a device that looks just like the current MJ+ and simply implies that it has better audio quality. Strange! Did you receive a discounted offer for it?

I don't think the company was lying about a vastly superior device coming, but I don't see how this one currently marketed as the "new 2014 MJ+" could be it, at least not based on what the website shows & tells us. I checked the just-revised FAQ's; no indication in them either regarding Wi-Fi or any other new capabilities.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official website doesn't display the price nor does it say 6 months or 12 months of service. In the past I thought the price was shown, can't remember now.
truthfreedompeace777
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: 2014 new magicjack plus Reply with quote

Steve,I also found it strange when I looked at the picture on the homepage and looked at the revised FAQ regarding the new device.Then I decided I would ask a chat rep on the site about the usb port and wifi connectivity and order one anyway .Also,if you go to vocaltec website and listen to the recent conference calls in april and may,the CEO clearly states the new plus would have 2 usb ports and wifi connectivity.I believe him on this,although I could be wrong..I paid $53 and change.I think it may be a little while before they offer the discount price to existing customers which is how I remember it when the last plus came out.Will post about the new device after I hook it up.Have a good one.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 new magicjack plus Reply with quote

truthfreedompeace777 wrote:
Steve,I also found it strange when I looked at the picture on the homepage and looked at the revised FAQ regarding the new device.Then I decided I would ask a chat rep on the site about the usb port and wifi connectivity and order one anyway .Also,if you go to vocaltec website and listen to the recent conference calls in april and may,the CEO clearly states the new plus would have 2 usb ports and wifi connectivity.I believe him on this,although I could be wrong..I paid $53 and change.I think it may be a little while before they offer the discount price to existing customers which is how I remember it when the last plus came out.Will post about the new device after I hook it up.Have a good one.

- Yeah I know all about the earlier corporate announcements - if you check the relevant posts here you'll find that I was the one who posted the info here as soon as the company released it Wink
truthfreedompeace777
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: new 2014 magicjack plus Reply with quote

I wish the company would just put out a press release on the new device tomorrow so we can stop with this guessing game!lol
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the purpose of USB slots are for the USB WiFi Adapter
truthfreedompeace777
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting the pics of the new device.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Today's official corporate press release Reply with quote

http://www.menafn.com/e000f17b-7b03-43c7-862f-a82c8310568d/magicJack-Announces-Launch-of-New-MagicJack-Plus-Device?src=main

- Doesn't really say a whole lot more than we already know... which is not much... but to clarify:

As far as *I* know, the new unit is supposed to *already* have Wi-Fi accessibility built into it; the two USB ports are intended for hardware add-ons other than Wi-Fi (such as a 4g receiver/modem) and it's business application users who are anticipated to ultimately be the greatest beneficiaries of them.

I find the *lack* of additional previously-announced features to be interesting, but apparently the unit does have the new cpu and increased memory for future service upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: