magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack Died on Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grw
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maine-iac wrote:
grw wrote:
maine-iac wrote:
MagicJack did have a warning earlier not to install XPSP3. I don't know if that issue has been resolved.

You might try removing the MJ software from the hard drive, reformat the MJ device, and then install the old MJ "downgrade". Those instructions are somewhere on the forum.

Thanks! Great minds think alike. I wish you were right. I thought it might be a corrupt driver or sumpthin' like that. After trying again (without success) on my XPSP2 notebook, I plugged the MJ device into a USB port on an XPSP2 desktop that never had MJ installed. Still same error message: Windows doesn't recognize the device. Try again or replace defective device.

Lots of good ideas coming out here.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

twebdonny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Still no luck Reply with quote

Still cannot get any sound on my MJ when I dial out from this laptop. I know its not a device problem as
I can use it fine from another PC. I tried all the typical fixes to no avail and am now at a loss.
grw
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good experience to report. Tech Support said they were sending a replacement, and they did. They said I would receive a confirming e-mail in two days, but that never arrived.

Instead I contacted Dan@magicjack.com asking about it, and I got a response!

As promised I received a MJ replacement via first class mail. Installed and up and running without a hitch.

Once the new device was up and running, I removed it and tried the defective device, thinking something may have changed. Still not working. I am about as sure as one can be that it is defective.

Perhaps overheating?? Could that be a cause.

The only other problem I have had is the inability to retrieve messages from a non MJ phone. Pressing * does not seem to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: