magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition For Class-Action-Lawsuit Customers Vs MJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMMIT, I COULD NOT READ A DAMN THING YOU GUYS POSTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I AM A "GOD" ... !!!!!!!

bitstopjoe wrote:
Darkman90808 wrote:
I think the extra large font with all caps and FOUR (!!!!) exclamation points for the last sentence really emphasize how serious this is. I'm going to call my attorney muy pronto!

Sorry for the non-American English, but that's how we talk in Lost Angeles.

EXCELLENT POINT!!!!!!!! ( hey I beat him in exclamation points). I am sure the attorney fees he will incur will never be more than what a MJ costs, right Smile

GOOD NIGHT NOW ...
Petes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should simply disconnect the call and ban you for a few hours or something, cancelling a service is just so rude and retarded.

They should tell you something like "your service has been disconnected for x hours" or warn you before doing it. The same with making excess multiple calls.

Make a warning before terminating a call for god's sake.

MJ policies are a joke.
jemjaz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: HIDDEN CHARGES � MJ RIPPING OFF EXISTING CUSTOMERS Reply with quote

I was a Magicjack fan that's why i own 3 of their units. I purchased MJ for a specific purpose: To be able to communicate with my husband, who works in the USA, for less the cost of a regular phone line.

I have been using MJ for almost 2 years now and was able to call my husband's work number in the US for over a year until this month. When I started dialing his number this month, all of a sudden, I`m getting an unusual message from a machine: `To call a conference line or a platform pls visit us at mymagicjack.com/prepaid to buy prepaid minutest.' I contacted MJ`s customer service and all they can tell me is that it`s stated in their TERMS OF SERVICE that they '' may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.''

I am just wondering how come they didn`t make this clear in any of their advertisements? They always say that by using MJ we will be able to make FREE calls anywhere in the US or CANADA. All of a sudden, they feel the urge to rip off their existing and loyal customers by charging hidden fees. MJ`s advertisement is very MISLEADING.

And when I asked the CSR as to where I can find the posted rates for what they call "HIGH COST USA AREA", she told me just to purchase some credits and use it to call my husband and make my own computations as to how much it will cost me. HAHAHA! Very funny and very stupid response!

Then I asked the CSR as to when did they actually start charging for this because I used to call my husband for over a year now without purchasing any credits. Her response is : ''We do not have an exact time frame to when it started but since it is stated on our terms of service and While this has been part of our Terms of Service for years, we have just recently begun to enforce it. '' �� In short, MJ just felt a sudden need to charge existing clients some hidden charges without communicating it properly. MJ started to look for a way to rip off existing and loyal customers to offset their so called '' Cheap costs of calling the US and CANADA.'' The CSR even has the guts to ask me to buy additional unit for my husband so we can talk again using MJ without incurring additional fees. HAHAHA! again!!!

I just hope that people who will actually read this will actually show real concern and not just post some lame and nonsense comments. Thanks for your time reading this.
has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their policies are posted within the TOS.
Subject to their current interpretation and
the mood and phase of the moon. (Or not.)
Just a bit of time on this site and you will not feel
quite so alone in your disappointment.
gene69
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Where is the class action lawsuit??? Reply with quote

I've been using MagicJack for years and at the beginning thought it was a pretty slick service despite their lack any customer service that benefited the customer.

Lately, like others who have posted, I've had calls dropped, service issues, and no longer able to call most conference bridges.

The icing on the cake for me was porting over a number to my MJ. Not only did I have to pay a $10 porting fee, but when these problems started to appear on my account, I looked at how to port the number back.

$30 to port the number away+ $10 to assign a free number to the MJ that had the number ported to it. If you don't pay, you can't get your number back.

According to them it's all in the TOS and shame on the customer for not reading all of it before signing up.

The service fees and terms are a moving target and while they advertise low costs, they stick it to the customer at every turn, and for things most other companies offer at no charge.

Where is the class action lawsuit and where do I sign up?
charlena
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Where is the class action lawsuit??? Reply with quote

gene69 wrote:

Where is the class action lawsuit and where do I sign up?

Here M'fkn Here!!!!
I'm ready to start the posse and even though we won't see a dime or maybe a dime of the money that is won in it I am a VENGEFUL bi^&* and i'll get lots of satisfaction assisting in the demise of such crooks.

"Get a rope!!!!!" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: