magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

outgoing calls do not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright one, the oil analogy was your own. I merely answered your question. Are you keeping up here?

If you can't be troubled to keep a copy of Windows handy for a Windows PC, then that's your problem. I won't buy you a can of oil, either.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toddie wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Toddie.... YES this is a technical support FORUM made up of users who do not work for MJ but try to help people on OUR time with nothing asked in return, not even $$.
There are certain troubleshooting techniques which we use to try to help. If you are not willing to try them then you need to look on iknowmorethanyouthereforeiamsmarter.com and see if they can help you..

Joe Sica

WHERE IS YOUR troubleshooting technique?
replacement is a technique now?

Thats right you dont get paid to reply. its your CHOICE.
so stop whining about free will because you can choose to not participate instead of spamming up my thread...

Again trying MJ on another PC is NOT replacement, or do I need to type slower since you don't read very well..
Who is whining? I enjoy helping people on here when I can, especially those who know how to appreciate it when someone offers help. Not bitch and moan like you.
I am sure there are many other forums for you to invade, good luck.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toddie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the invader, invading my thread.

I asked you nicely to offer a suggestion other than replacement.
If you continue to reply with anything less after I specifically told you that repeating yourself is not helping me, then thats on you buddy.

Only someone insane repeats the same thing expecting a different result.
care to reply again?

EDIT: p.s. read the thread. I have already determined it is my computer that is the issue. So I try mj on another computer and it works... then what?
seems to me replacement is EXACTLY what you are suggesting.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toddie wrote:
You are the invader, invading my thread.

I asked you nicely to offer a suggestion other than replacement.
If you continue to reply with anything less after I specifically told you that repeating yourself is not helping me, then thats on you buddy.

Only someone insane repeats the same thing expecting a different result.
care to reply again?

Coming from someone who is repeating himself..... No it is NOT replacement it is removing the MJ from the equation, THEN one can concentrate on finding the conflict on your PC. IF you didnt try your MJ on another PC and the MJ was at fault there would be no point in troubleshooting any further, or is that to hard for you to grasp?
Yes this time I did type slower for you.

Have a nice Sunday.

Joe Sica

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Sun May 02, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toddie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing Mr. last word.

EDIT:
p.s. since you so graciously edited your post, IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DETERMINED that it is my pc. NOT the magicjack. MJ HAS ALREADY BEEN REMOVED FROM THE EQUATION! I am only repeating the answers to your repeat questions/statements.

Last edited by Toddie on Sun May 02, 2010 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we've all calmed down, I think I can help. Since you refuse to fix the problem by reinstalling Windows (changing the oil), I have a couple other alternative solutions for you:

1) Set your computer to "self heal" mode by turning it off and covering it with a blanket for 90 days. Do not disturb it or use power tools in the vicinity.

2) Get a lobotomy. You can even do it yourself! Just Google the "Neurosurgery Technical Support Forum." Just be sure not to disturb your healing computer while you drill the holes in your skull.
Toddie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, no user control panel for putting other users on ignore.
I would calmly slap you but shit splatters.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please skip to option 2. That lobotomy just can't wait another day.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you came back and added this tough talk after I already responded to your post.

Toddie wrote:

EDIT: I could continue but why would I waste my time?
The operating system works in EVERY WAY but magicjack software does not work. yet you are right it MUST be the operating system NOT magicjack software which I have already found several bugs in.

Just stfu already.

How do you reconcile that claim with the below info from your initial post? :

Toddie wrote:

My computer crashed on april 6th, after watching a video on my browser. The computer still crashes (freezes some times but most times it restarts) very frequently...

Have you run the MJ uninstall utility that is available at the MJ faq page????
Toddie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:

Toddie wrote:

My computer crashed on april 6th, after watching a video on my browser. The computer still crashes (freezes some times but most times it restarts) very frequently...

Easy.

Its only when watching videos on my browser. the browser is not part of the OS.

its possibly a browser plugin or settings issue and the computer never crashes while running normally, it only crashes when I watch a video and only sometimes while I watch them.

even if it was a video card issue, this would be completely unrelated to MJ.

Have you run the MJ uninstall utility that is available at the MJ faq page????

well at least you are offering a suggestion now, thank you.

however...

This was explained already in one of my chats with the MJ technicians. But for the benefit of you not having to actually read the conversation, I will answer again.

Yes.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought have you removed MJ from your system http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe and reinstalled it.
Toddie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
Just a thought have you removed MJ from your system http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe and reinstalled it.

Is there any wonder as to why I am frustrated?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well please recycle when you throw your MJ in the trash.
Toddie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. I can understand the frustration. He bought an MJ and it doesn't work due to a PC issue.. There are so many variables. Different machines, desk tops, laptops, thin clients. All with different OS and configurations. I myself had some set up issues on the first MJ I bought, but after spending time with MJ support it was up and running. So I got it working on an old HP desktop (tower) running XP, and also on a HP laptop (2 years old) running Vista.

So happy with MJ I bought one for my mother and one for nephew. I plan on giving it as gifts for birthdays to other people too.

When I realized leaving a computer on all the time was not going to be good for the electricity bill, I went looking for thin clients as I read in this forum MJ runs quite nicely on thin clients. I lucked out and bought 4 Neoware for $100. However, after some trial and tribulation, only one unit could run with MJ. So not great, but I did have success with one.

Then reading how nicely MJ works on the T5710 thin client from HP, I starting looking. Found a place selling them (not cheap - $110) each, I thought it was going to be golden. I bought 3 units since I didn't want to drive back and forth and risk the seller not having more units. Again I had trouble with the set up and was just about to make thin clients fly. I did contact MJ help but they were stumped. I returned back to the forum asking for input. One poster suggested I start with an absolute clean image. That's excatly what I did and once installed I found I had an internal networking issue. With that resolved, I installed MJ and it worked !!

So now I have 3 HP thin clients and a Neoware thin client all up and running with MJ. So it can and does work. Sometimes not as easily and sometimes you need help and sometimes it does work on first install.

So am I saving $300 a year on my phone bill- Yes ! Did I spend more time and effort to get there - Yes! Will I be saving $300 a year for the next 5 years ? Yes !

I suspect all Todie wants is a unit that will work on a specific computer and also save $300 a year. Unfortunately it`s giving him grief. The frustration might be getting the better of him. Believe me when I bought the 3 HP units and couldn`t get it to work, I was ready to make them fly out the window ! Smile See my other posts... it`s all there.. But in the end I kept trying and finally UTOPIA !

Now I can go back to having a social life. Those hours spent trying to get my set up to work, only made me realize that not everything is as easy as it seems, and I have a greater appreciation for what is really important above and beyond the $300 a year savings.... my friends and family !

Now that I have MJ running I can actually call them ! Smile

Last edited by Paul777 on Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toddie wrote:
IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DETERMINED that it is my pc. NOT the magicjack.

Sounds to me that you picked up an infection watching the video. Try downloading and running CCleaner and then follow that by downloading Malwarebytes and running that. They should cleanup your virus situation pretty well.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toddie wrote:

Toddie wrote:

Easy.

Its only when watching videos on my browser. the browser is not part of the OS.

Do you think the browser does not rely on any portion of the operating system to function? That's interesting.

As a recent poster said, you may be able to clean a virus, and salvage what's left. Otherwise, we're back to you and your operating system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: