magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiplatham
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread Reply with quote

i searched and found that the beeping that callers on the other end hear is common. i can no longer use mj because of this.

has anyone heard anything about a fix? i have used 3 different phones...2 cordless and 1 corded....and my callers hear beeps throughout the call.
astro46
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reported it a couple of weeks ago, and was told by tech support that they were able to reproduce it, and a fix would come, as some point.

i noticed that mj updated itself this morning. don't know if this will fix the beeps.

i have made two calls, that went to vm, and found that on both, the receiving end thought that my vm message had ended immediately after starting. don't know if this has anything to do with the 'upgrade'. never happened before.
chiplatham
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes...mine updated too this am...but i am still having the beeping issue after the update.
chiplatham
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely this can't be something that everyone has to deal with....or the forums would be flooded with these kind of post. what kind of set up do i need to get rid of the beeps?
astro46
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to say how many mj systems it happens on.

knowing how many is complicated by 2 factors. 1) few mj users know about and post on these forums.
2) the beeps i am currently talking about (the ones from a few months ago happened on my end, the caller side) happen on the receiving end. people don't usually comment when they hear them, they seem to assume that i or they hit a phone button. generally, the only people that tell me about them are those that i ask to tell me. i was first made aware of it happening from talking to a friend that is a phone system engineer, who asked me what kind of phone i was on, that this kept happening. i can't ask about beeps on every call that i make to clients, businesses, etc. so who knows how often it happens. but it does happen.
shaileshjkumar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: ANY UPDATE ON THE BEEPING FIX? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I tested by calling another magic jack as well a landline. What happens after few minutes it dials a random number automatically and I can view it on the soft phone. Technical support of Magic jack could not resolved the same.....any updates

Shailesh
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ANY UPDATE ON THE BEEPING FIX? Reply with quote

I reported the issue back in January and took screen shots to show the extra keys showing on the keypad. The issue was elevated to the highest level of techs, but no fix yet.

We only have the problem with my wife using the phone, specifically on speakerphone (Panasonic phones).

I use an HP thin client for our magicJack, but just picked up a new Linksys VOIP adapter to try it out and see if there is any difference.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the 6/9 update my beeping probem is WORSE than ever. Usually I hear the beeps on MY end and the party to whom I am speaking does not hear them at all, not a lot but a few. Since the update I get MANY more beeps on my end and now the other person hears them and I do not on my end!! Makes making a business call sound like a 3 year old is doing it using the phone for the first time! In a 20 min call I heard the beep at least 12 times and she heard it as much or more.
Thanks for the "UPDATE" MJ.
This is my first REAL complaint since I got the MJ for almost a year ( Aug 2008). Oh well I guess there is always the next update.. Wonder what they will screw up next!! MAYBE fix the beep problem? One can only hope.

Joe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mel1daa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem and thought it was my phone. Went from cordless to corded but every call has "beeps" that only the person on the other line can hear. They say it sounds like I am pressing the keys. Since I use this for business, it is unacceptable. I have tried everything with tech support as well, still the same problem. I bought another magicJack at Best Buy and am considering using that and returning my old one. Do we know if this is the magicJack device itself, or something related to the pc? I have an external USB 2.0 card, so I have plenty of slots and have tried them all...

Mad
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a 3 min conversation with my mom and she heard the beep 6 times. This is insane. YET I spoke to 2 people to whom I recommended the MJ, and they bought it, and they do NOT have any beep problem at all. Not even on their end. I have always had a beep from time to time on my end and the party to whom I was speaking never heard it. I got used to it. Makes my wonder if it is in the USB itself.. Seems as if the "update" has made it MUCH much worse..
I always told people I am using the MJ as to say SEE HOW GOOD IT IS!! NOW I have to tell people if you hear a beep it seems my VOIP is having problems. Sucks big time..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sharylb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem Mine does it and cuts out at the same time. But if I end the call and call the person back its gone and cuts out without the beeping... go figure!
eddykeen23
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this same issue - we need a fix for this asap. I am now unable to use my phone for business calls. For the last 6 months this was the primary purpose of my MagicJack phone. This situation is ridiculous.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone TRIED to talk to Tech support about this ( Since the update this past Tuesday)? I know from my past experience it is probably a loosing battle and a waste of time. HOWEVER if anyone does PLEASE post the conversation here. Even more important if anyone gets this problem fixed via support or any other method PLEASE let us all know.
I am set to renew in just 2 months and now I am wondering if I should even bother and maybe look into Omma instead..

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.............
Try this. IF you have your num lock on, on your keyboard, try turning it off.
I just made 2 calls and no beep. Might have been just random chance no beeps.
I though to try it as whenever the other party heard the beep it would show up on the softphone after the # which was dialed. I noticed if I hit my number keypad it would add a digit and a beep. So I thought maybe if I disable it who knows.

I am sure it was just chance I didn't get the beep but can't hurt for someone else to give it a try and see what happens

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update #2
Made another call and the beep is back.
OH WELL I knew it could not be as easy as turing off the Num Lock Key

Sigh...........

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent an email to [email protected] explaining the problem. It might be a good idea for everyone having this problem to do the same.
Of course I did not hear back from Dan, nor did I expect too. Instead Marvin said Dan asked him to reply ( umm ok). All he did was to provide a link to an update http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
Of course it did not work and I replied back saying so. Have not heard back. MAYBE if enough people complain they MIGHT roll back the "UPDATE" from 6/9 till they fix this problem ( yeah right)

Joe Sica
NelsonDonnell
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Keypad beeping noises during calls Reply with quote

I've been getting these keypad beeps in the background for both the caller and the receiver of the call in alternate patterns for the last 6 months or better, but they are not consistent in their behavior. Sometimes I can go for two or three calls before they start going off randomly in the background of the conversations. It's really annoying and I've been compelled to discourage anyone from investing into one of these magicJack modules until they work most of the bugs out of them.

It's too bad that these annoyances keep popping up, it's as though someone doesn't want magicJack in the long run to succeed or that they are intentionally trying to discourage people from using them very much, just get the customers money first and deal with the refunds afterward.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got them on the callers side ONLY mine and from time to time. I got used to them and since the other party never heard them no big deal. BUT now I rarely if ever hear them on my side but the other person hears them. I just had a 20 min call and they heard it close to a dozen times. Insane.. It HAD to be something they did on their update last Tuesday. Oh well. I am still not sure now if I am going to renew come this Aug and I thought I would never say that as I have been VERY VERY happy with my MJ. So much so I now have naked DSL. So if I do not renew MJ I may have to look into Ooma.......

Joe Sica
kevmoley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: I noticed .... Reply with quote

that if I look at the magicjack dailer on my computer.. whenever the beep does occur, you can see the number appear
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep sure can. In fact I had to leave a message for a friend on her voice mail. AS I was leaving the message MJ generated a 4 on the keypad and totally messed up leaving a message on her voice mail as it caused it to bring up her voice mail options.
This is serious stuff now and they really need a fix for it.
As I mentioned everyone with this probelm needs to email Dan..

Joe Sica
pjt1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: I noticed .... Reply with quote

kevmoley wrote:
that if I look at the magicjack dailer on my computer.. whenever the beep does occur, you can see the number appear

Has anyone noticed if it is the same number that pops up each and every time?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is not. I have seen 4 then 5 then 4 again a 1 then a 9. Doesnt seem to be a pattern.
I used to love to use my MJ now I try not to as this has become very very annoying..
I decided last night NOT to renew in Aug if it is not fixed by then. Of course MJ could give a crap, but I can't use it when it is doing this.
After Aug if I read on here they finally fixed it then I will use it again. Till then in a drawer it goes.

Joe Sica
flushone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: beeping sound Reply with quote

has anyone tried to disable the popup screen for mj? also do u hear the beep if your not using the popup hack?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not disabled the popup and I still hear the beep.

Joe Sica
chasmanz28
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never hear the beep on my end, only the person im talking to hears the beeps. Hope they fix this problem soon.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me it used to be the other way around. I USED to always hear a beep now and then on my end. I got used to it and they never heard it, so no big deal. NOW I never hear it on my end but they hear it on their end.
I have been working via email with someone at MJ and they have had me try a few things. So far nothing has worked. Once I find a solution I will post it here. IF they find one that is. If I wasn't out of work I would get an Ooma. I NEVER EVER thought I would hear myself say that as my MJ has been perfect since Aug 2008.
One thing I did notice when they hear the beep and I look on my softphone so far EVERY first beep has been a 4?? After that I do not see a pattern but a 4 is always, so far, the first digit shown. I am curious as to what others are seeing as their first beep show up on their softphone as.

Joe Sica
WayneStation
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: ANY UPDATE ON THE BEEPING FIX? Reply with quote

I've had mj for about a month and a half, there are one or two beeps per call after the update, don't remember if any before. It is definitely the beep from # 4, I noticed the tone was the same each time and compared it to all the phone buttons. I tried a powered usb hub but that didn't work. I still want to get a 100k ohm resistor and put that across the red and green lines, I was going to do that anyway.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually look at the softphone when you hear a beep and see what digit has been "pressed". So much for the #4 theory, I just got a 1 before that a 9.. So it does seem TOTALLY random. The only thing I did notice it seems to be MUCH less MJ to MJ but it still happens. It's nice they fixed the beeping on MY end but to replace it with the beeping now to whom I am speaking to's end, sucks big time. I really feel bad for people who are using the MJ to make business calls. VERY embarrassing for sure.. As it is right now I have to tell people in advance if they hear a beep my "VOIP" service is doing updates and to disregard the beeps. I am sure though it is annoying to them.

Joe Sica
WayneStation
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: ANY UPDATE ON THE BEEPING FIX? Reply with quote

Aha, well, maybe I'm just getting a lot of fours! Laughing Anyway, I'll file a complaint with MagicJack and see what happens.
WayneStation
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: ANY UPDATE ON THE BEEPING FIX? Reply with quote

OK, I went to live chat support and he had me open Mozilla Firefox, click "Tools", then "Option" then go to the "Content" Tab. Then he had me go to the "Exceptions" button beside the "Block pop up Window" and put in "reg.talk4free.com" and click "Allow" button. Then add "my.magicjack.com" and click "Allow" button. Then he had me go to the Security tab, click Exceptions button besides "Warn me when site try to install add-ons" and add the same two websites there.

Then he had me run the upgrade at http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe. I tried a call and had no beep for five minutes.

Perhaps the issue is that Firefox is preventing something from taking place during the upgrade. I will have to make a few more calls to know for sure if the problem is really fixed because it is intermittent.

Wayne

Vista - USB Powered Hub
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Firefox your default browser?? I use I.E 8 but have Firefox installed as well. But I use I.E as my default.
I only use firefox for one web site so I can easily just un install it if it is causing the problems with the beeps. SEEMS unlikely to me though.
I hope there is a fix soon as it is really driving me nuts why the June 9th update would take the beeps away on my end and now have them heard on the other end.

Keep us posted....

Joe Sica
newtoncd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ANY UPDATE ON THE BEEPING FIX? Reply with quote

WayneStation wrote:
OK, I went to live chat support and he had me open Mozilla Firefox, click "Tools", then "Option" then go to the "Content" Tab. Then he had me go to the "Exceptions" button beside the "Block pop up Window" and put in "reg.talk4free.com" and click "Allow" button. Then add "my.magicjack.com" and click "Allow" button. Then he had me go to the Security tab, click Exceptions button besides "Warn me when site try to install add-ons" and add the same two websites there.

Then he had me run the upgrade at http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe. I tried a call and had no beep for five minutes.

Perhaps the issue is that Firefox is preventing something from taking place during the upgrade. I will have to make a few more calls to know for sure if the problem is really fixed because it is intermittent.

I wish that were it .... I don't even have Firefox loaded on my thin client and the beeps are still there.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I didnt think it seemed likely that would fix it. I think MJ "TECH SUPPORT" is grasping at straws.. I have been in contact with one via email and the stuff he is making me do is so dumb, but since I make an image everyday of my PC, not a big edeal. After I try what he wants ( OTHER than format my MJ) I just restore my image after I see it didnt fix the problem. I can't seem to convince them SOMETHING THEY DID in their "UPDATE" on June 9th is the cause. They just don't get it.

I think this is a lost cause till MAYBE the next "UPDATE"

Joe Sica
murphy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on my past life experiences with touchtone decoders the problem is most likely the result of the touchtone decoder in the MJ being left active after the connection has been completed. Touchtone decoders are subject to detecting a touchtone from speech. It happens significantly more often with female voices than it does with male voices.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did happen more when I talked to a woman but I was the only one who heard it. Now I do not hear it and they do and last time I looked I was a man ( ok ok I am not bragging trust me Smile
It even happens a LOT now guy to guy talking.
So you may be right but whatever that June 9th upgrade did it made it MUCH MUCH worse.
Other than using my foot to smash the MJ any idea how to "FIX" the touchtone decoder?? Hmm I wonder if there is a way to make it use pulse dial and not tone??

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy:
I do have a question about your Touchtone suggestion.
IF that was the case wouldn't BOTH parties hear the tone as if one of them actually hit a key? Why does only one side hear it? If I push a key I hear it as well as to whom I am speaking.

Just being a thinker here and ALWAYS willing to learn.

Joe Sica
Ryan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having this problem as well, very frustrating.
ktorch
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use Firefox and it beeps on the oposite end on my MJ phone system as well, and today I noticed it is becoming more frequent.

bitstopjoe wrote:
Is Firefox your default browser?? I use I.E 8 but have Firefox installed as well. But I use I.E as my default.
I only use firefox for one web site so I can easily just un install it if it is causing the problems with the beeps. SEEMS unlikely to me though.
I hope there is a fix soon as it is really driving me nuts why the June 9th update would take the beeps away on my end and now have them heard on the other end.

Keep us posted....

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is MUCH worse than ever before I STRONGLY suggest everyone email [email protected] and BITCH and moan and then include the link to this discussion. This is what I did last week and they had me do all kinds of dumb stuff to fix it. EVERYTHING other than admit their update broke it.. I am afraid to say they won't fix it till their next "update".
I have to make a decision to renew or not come Aug.. I have LOVED my MJ till now. MAYBE if enough bitch and moan someone MAY do something. But probably not.

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my last email to "Dan"..... And yes I plan on making the calls I mention in the email. I hope others will do the same........

I don't know what I have to do to convince you SOMETHING IN THE MJ UPDATE ON
JUNE 9TH has cause MANY MJ's to encounter the beeping problem. It is NOT a
setting on our PC, it is not formatting the MJ it is SOMETHING YOU GUYS
DID.. Maybe it is a hardware/firmware problem on SOME MJ's and your update.
MAYBE the touch-tone decoder in the MJ itself has ALL OF A SUDDEN for 100's
of users gone bad. I do not know. BUT I do know it is something you need to
fix fast. I and 100's of others are planning on calling Wal-Mart tomorrow,
Radio Shack Tomorrow, CVS tomorrow, Walgreen tomorrow, and Staples tomorrow.
We plan on letting them know there is a MAJOR problem with MJ. Maybe they
will think twice now and not distribute your product till you fix this
problem. Because it will be THEIR ass on the line when people start bringing
back their MJ's.
I guess it comes down to the bottom line for MJ of making a buck and that's
it.
Oh well I SO loved my MJ till last weeks update. I really really hope you
get this fixed.
MAYBE IF Dan Actually know what was going on her would light a fire under
someone's ass, then again, maybe not.

Joe Sica
484-661-1754
sierrahh
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Random beeps continue Reply with quote

I bought a new phone, and the random beeps still continue. Also tried re-booting my modem and router, but that didn't seem to help.

Still looking for a solution to this problem, which started around June 10, 2009.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

murphy wrote:
Based on my past life experiences with touchtone decoders the problem is most likely the result of the touchtone decoder in the MJ being left active after the connection has been completed. Touchtone decoders are subject to detecting a touchtone from speech. It happens significantly more often with female voices than it does with male voices.

You are 100% correct!!! .... when my wife is on the phone, the folks on the other end constantly complain about the beeps ... it very seldom (if ever) beeps when I talk on the phone.

The worst part, I just purchased a Linksys ATA to try and overcome the beeps and now MJ has prevented it from working also.

I guess OOMA is in my future. I will give MJ a few more months, then I am gone.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the June 9th update I would have agreed, however after the update it happens with my voice ( male) and when I talk to male friends. Prior to the update only I heard the tones and yes mostly when I talked to females ( BUT not always) after the update only they hear the tones and it happens with both males and females.
Also as I mentioned before if it is indeed the touchtone decoder shouldn't BOTH parties hear the beep??

Joe Sica
murphy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Also as I mentioned before if it is indeed the touchtone decoder shouldn't BOTH parties hear the beep??

No, the purpose of the decoder is to convert a touchtone into a digital signaling code that can be processed as part of a dialing command. There is no reason for it to be converted back into a touchtone later in the audio dialing path. The only thing that comes to mind is that after completing the call connection there are many uses for touchtones during a call such as banking or navigating voice mail trees.

Having no knowledge of the MJ design I am just speculating as to what might be happening. Only the MJ designer(s) can sort this out.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you seem to know more that I do about this ( being honest, NOT sarcasm). The only thing that confuses me is IF I press the keypad and generate a beep (tone) I ASSUME the touchtone decoder is doing it. I hear that said beep as well as the person I am speaking to if I press or they press the keypad. Then riddle me this batman, why does only ONE party hear the beep if the touchtone decoder might be involved generating the beep for the MJ problem??
Oh well I guess since this MAY be a hardware issue we are SOL and just the luck of the draw determines who gets beeped or not.

Thank you for your help Murphy or is it Batman Smile

Joe Sica
murphy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, a touchtone decoder listens for touchtones and converts them to digital information. A touchtone encoder generates touchtones. The touchtone encoder is located in your telephone handset.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok..
THANK YOU for clearing that up for me.
I just came up with a work around that works FOR ME. I have stand alone DSL but I can still receive calls on my land line, I just can't dial out ( other than 911). So I set my MJ to do a call forward to my landline and I use DukaDial ( free) to make any LD or local calls. It in turn dials my landline as well. No beeps and free calls..... So till they get their act together at MJ this will be my setup..

Thank you again Murphy for clearing that up for me.

Joe Sica
dlatk64
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 2 MJ's...received them on Jun 12th. I have installed both of them and have tried both MJ's on 3 different computers using 4 different phone systems (3 cordless phones each tied in to a separate base unit and 1 corded phone). Every combination results in the person I'm talking to hearing beeps during the phone call. Phone calls from/to those phones do not cause beeps if I use my landline. Pretty well rules out the computers or the phones.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as of June 9th's "UPGRADE" is is happening a lot. I called Wal-mart today and Radio Shack to let them know there is a chance MANY people will be returning their MJ's becuase of this problem. I suggest you email MJ [email protected] and tell them. ALSO it would be a good idea to let the place you bought them from know what is going on. MAYBE MJ may get the message, MAYBE.

Joe Sica
mel1daa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent a long-winded email to [email protected] about this debacle. Thanks to all (esp. bitstopjoe) for trying to resolve this matter. All we can do folks is complain and if enough of us do I should hope MJ will do SOMETHING about this. It is getting ridiculous when I have to preface each call with a "I apologize, but my phone company has been having some problems..."

FIX IT MJ!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: