magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SandraLynn - Thanks for posting this problem as a current 2016 issue.. It help me get to resolution. Most of the post are very old .......

Arnie962- Looks like the MJ- Plus IS the issue like SandraLynn stated with her chats with MJ Support.

Got my MJ-GO an hour and 1/2 ago and talked to my sister in Chicago 40 minutes .. clear line and no beeps on her end.. also touchpad works fine with the banking site. I am going to do a long test call later today with my brother in Austin, TX who also has a MJ-GO. In the past, he and my sister have been complaining about the beeps. One down (sister) and one to go before I claim victory!!

Also, if you are going to get a MJ-GO, go to your MJ sign on under Accounts and scroll down, then click on Warranty replacement. Even if out of warranty it will be cheaper to get if at $24.95 then going to the store and paying $59.95.
I ordered my Wednesday and got it today (Friday).

Let's see if the call later today is without beeps... I suspect it will be.....
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Great!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I guess I will send out for one myself.
Right now I am not having any problems with the usb hookup. But have to keep my pc on all the time. I also downloaded that program to have it run as a windows service. That eliminates the popup screen.
Thanks Again
Arnie Very Happy
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Magicjack beeping beep and keypad problem solved Reply with quote

Problem solved... No beeping and keytone/keypad works with 1,2,3,4,5 prompts with phone banking. .

I am now connect via the wall socket with power adapter with phone/Ethernet cable.

No issues last 3 days several very long calls...... also used Voicemail prompts and banking (keypad) prompts with no issues. Line clarity is very good too!

Solution: Magicjack Plus has issues of beeping or keypad response. See earlier dialog on this on page 31.

The fix is to go to a Magicjack-GO which seems to have a different logic.

Thanks SandraLynn and Arnie962
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Magicjack beeping beep and keypad problem solved Reply with quote

H2O wrote:
Problem solved... No beeping and keytone/keypad works with 1,2,3,4,5 prompts with phone banking. .

I am now connect via the wall socket with power adapter with phone/Ethernet cable.

No issues last 3 days several very long calls...... also used Voicemail prompts and banking (keypad) prompts with no issues. Line clarity is very good too!

Solution: Magicjack Plus has issues of beeping or keypad response. See earlier dialog on this on page 31.

The fix is to go to a Magicjack-GO which seems to have a different logic.

Thanks SandraLynn and Arnie962

Hey there H2O, is that MJ Go still performing ok. Started to get a few crackling noises in my plus. Want to check and see if you are still good.
Thanks
Arnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: