magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Moved to PC Reply with quote

New to this site and looks like a lot of pretty good info.

Well boys and girls. I finally gave up and removed the unit from my router. I plugged the MJ into a usb port. So far no beeping. reluctant to lower that dtmf setting for touch tone issues.
Rolling Eyes
Appreciate any pitfalls or reported issues with the usb use.
Thanks
Arnie
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to MJ's Facebook page and told them about this long-standing problem. They reviewed my long history with this issue and then sent me the newer MJ Go free of charge. It solved the problem. The new MJ must have been modified to resolve this issue. I was ready to throw in the towel. I actually bought a cell phone to start using as my new house phone, but after I received the new MJ, I didn't have to go that route.
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Great!! Reply with quote

SandraLynn wrote:
I went to MJ's Facebook page and told them about this long-standing problem. They reviewed my long history with this issue and then sent me the newer MJ Go free of charge. It solved the problem. The new MJ must have been modified to resolve this issue. I was ready to throw in the towel. I actually bought a cell phone to start using as my new house phone, but after I received the new MJ, I didn't have to go that route.

Great Sandra, Were you connected to your PC via USB port or were you connected to your router? Also , what was your connection when having beeping errors. I may try that also. Did they request you to return the old MJ?
Thanks
Arnie
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: BEEPING MJ+ Reply with quote

[quote="SandraLynn"]I went to MJ's Facebook page and told them about this long-standing problem. They reviewed my long history with this issue and then sent me the newer MJ Go free of charge. It solved the problem. The new MJ must have been modified to resolve this issue. I was ready to throw in the towel. I actually bought a cell phone to start using as my new house phone, but after I received the new MJ, I didn't have to go that route.[/quote]

Well, I did everything on this issue (MJ-Plus) you can think off. If MJ resets the account I loose touchtone responses. If I have touchtone response (handset, ie for tone for banking call trees, etc.) the callers on the other end get BEEPS every minute or two.

I called MJ one last time and got a Warranty replacement (cost $24.95 it was out of warranty but they promised to send a MJ - GO). Should know if this fixes that beeping and touchpad response issues by this time next week??

I have had MJ for 4 years and this problem came up about 3 months ago
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was connected to my router, but I ended up connecting to my laptop for awhile because the connection seemed somewhat better. The problem was that I had to choose between having touch tone service or screeching/beeping. A person can't be w/o touch tone these days. Every company uses it now for the most part. After awhile, I had no touch tone and I had the screeching/beeping as well. That's when I threw in the towel. MJ asked me to return the old one, but they told me that it wasn't mandatory so I didn't.
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: MJ Go Reply with quote

Has anyone had any beeping problems with the MJ Go device.
Arnie
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the squelching anymore. Actually the new MJ Go worked really well until a couple months back when I switched internet providers. I have a high pitched hum/buzz on my phone now. I'm currently researching a reason and fix for that problem. I know my internet speed was reduced, and I'm thinking that's where the problem lies. My husband has a much higher speed, and he never has a problem with his MJ Go. I keep unplugging and resetting everything. I may try unplugging all the way back to the modem and wait a few minutes and then reconnect it all in order.
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: SandraLynn - So it stopped beeping/keypad works too! Reply with quote

So did you have a MJ plus and they sent you a MJ- GO. And that solved both problems?

I have a MJ+ and I got a MJ-Go on they way.

I spent to many hours trouble shooting this. I am highly technical and I done everything on my end you can do. The MJ itself would be the last thing.

Thanks!!
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sent me a MJ Go. Then the screeching stopped, and I had touch tone service again. My new problem is an occasional high-pitched buzz on my phone. I had it yesterday, so I unplugged the MJ from the power source and from the router. I plugged them back in and that fixed it. The only thing is that it keeps recurring - like once a week.
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Nuisance Reply with quote

It seems like no matter what is tried, it's always something. I know it's a nuisance to plug into computer and put up with that GUI popping up. But starting to think the router plug in is causing most of the problems. I was going to order that MJ-Go unit today. Think I will just wait a bit to see how it works for H20.
If I didn't get in for 5 yrs, I might look for another option.
Arnie
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm staying with MJ since I don't use the phone all that much. Plus, before I changed my internet service, I didn't have any real complaints with the MJ Go. I've had a MJ for years. Once I sign back up with Comcast in 10 months or so, I'll probably be all set again. I also use the MJ App on my Tracfone. All of my calls and text messages are free and when my phone starts acting stupid with the buzzing, I just use my cell phone with the MJ App so I have a phone with good reception. I don't get charged against any of my minutes on my phone either. Good luck with what you decide to do. Remember, for the money we're saving, the hassles are sort of worth it. (Verizon has a service that costs about $27 a month after purchasing the base, so that's another option if the MJ headaches become too unbearable. Or we could just settle for a cell phone.)
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I noticed that the power adapter tends to be loose in the wall socket and I have to open the prongs to get a snug fit. This may contribute to the occasional screeching. Also, the MJ itself is heavy and if hanging on the wall tends to pull down on the power adapter connection. I have a
Panasonic KX-GT7741 Cordless phone connected to the MJ (4 cordless phones and a base unit.) I looked at the online owners manual for this and found that a couple of my settings were set wrong. Under Initial settings, then, Set Tel Line the Set Flash Time was not set to the default of 700MS Flash and the Set Line mode should be set to default line "B." I had the Line Mode set to A and a flash time of 900ms? Also, the talk volume should be set to 1 not 5 bars.

However, the callers on the other end still get BEEPs but not as frequent as before.

Awaiting my MJ-Go probable come next Monday??

Also, the local cable company want $10 + $5 + taxes per month and a $25 install charge for added a phone service. NOT doing that. Will keep troubleshooting this issue. And I have a Nexus tablet (no phone service) with the MJ App and my local phone comes up on it with MJ service. That's cool in a pinch!!
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I can say is that if you talk too loudly or get excited during the conversation, MJ will beep. That's why if the sensitivity is turned down, it usually fixes the problem (with loss of touch tone that is). I found myself talking really low so it wouldn't beep. I'm pretty confident that MJ Go has addressed this issue. Here's the email message that was sent to me on Facebook. This may answer some of your questions:

"Hi Sandra, thanks for reaching out. I checked the account and I see your DTMF sensitivity has been adjusted several times in the past. The issue is the device captures the voice pitch as a digit being pressed, which causes the beep. When an adjustment is made the beeping usually goes away but unfortunately the result is sometimes customers cannot press digits or extensions while on a call. Your model is the 2014 magicJack PLUS, and the DTMF is very sensitive, especially combined with certain telephone model types. What I can do is offer you a courtesy free replacement device (I will waive the warranty cost for you). The model you will be receiving is the magicJackGO. The magicJackGO is not as sensitive to DTMF, as it is one of our latest models."
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! SandraLynn, like you I have wasted many hours with support and if only they would have told me this!!

You right, I like to walk around and talk and sometimes I talk real fast and boom, the caller on the other side says... are you hitting the keypad??

Thanks for the info on this and since it is searchable maybe we can save someone else the aggravation of the long solution process.

Hope the MJ-GO solves the issue.
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SandraLynn - Looks like I will get my MJ-GO on Saturday via mail.
When you replaced your MJ-Plus with the MJ-GO how did you register it?

Did you plug it in the wall or on the computer to accomplish that? And then did you sign in to your existing MJ account as an existing user? Also, I assume your phone # stayed the same?

Did you have to chat with MJ support to get them to adjust the DMTF sensitivity or did you just plug in the MJ-GO and everything worked?
Thanks!
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SandraLynn - Thanks for posting this problem as a current 2016 issue.. It help me get to resolution. Most of the post are very old .......

Arnie962- Looks like the MJ- Plus IS the issue like SandraLynn stated with her chats with MJ Support.

Got my MJ-GO an hour and 1/2 ago and talked to my sister in Chicago 40 minutes .. clear line and no beeps on her end.. also touchpad works fine with the banking site. I am going to do a long test call later today with my brother in Austin, TX who also has a MJ-GO. In the past, he and my sister have been complaining about the beeps. One down (sister) and one to go before I claim victory!!

Also, if you are going to get a MJ-GO, go to your MJ sign on under Accounts and scroll down, then click on Warranty replacement. Even if out of warranty it will be cheaper to get if at $24.95 then going to the store and paying $59.95.
I ordered my Wednesday and got it today (Friday).

Let's see if the call later today is without beeps... I suspect it will be.....
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Great!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I guess I will send out for one myself.
Right now I am not having any problems with the usb hookup. But have to keep my pc on all the time. I also downloaded that program to have it run as a windows service. That eliminates the popup screen.
Thanks Again
Arnie Very Happy
H2O
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Magicjack beeping beep and keypad problem solved Reply with quote

Problem solved... No beeping and keytone/keypad works with 1,2,3,4,5 prompts with phone banking. .

I am now connect via the wall socket with power adapter with phone/Ethernet cable.

No issues last 3 days several very long calls...... also used Voicemail prompts and banking (keypad) prompts with no issues. Line clarity is very good too!

Solution: Magicjack Plus has issues of beeping or keypad response. See earlier dialog on this on page 31.

The fix is to go to a Magicjack-GO which seems to have a different logic.

Thanks SandraLynn and Arnie962
Arnie962
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Magicjack beeping beep and keypad problem solved Reply with quote

H2O wrote:
Problem solved... No beeping and keytone/keypad works with 1,2,3,4,5 prompts with phone banking. .

I am now connect via the wall socket with power adapter with phone/Ethernet cable.

No issues last 3 days several very long calls...... also used Voicemail prompts and banking (keypad) prompts with no issues. Line clarity is very good too!

Solution: Magicjack Plus has issues of beeping or keypad response. See earlier dialog on this on page 31.

The fix is to go to a Magicjack-GO which seems to have a different logic.

Thanks SandraLynn and Arnie962

Hey there H2O, is that MJ Go still performing ok. Started to get a few crackling noises in my plus. Want to check and see if you are still good.
Thanks
Arnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: