magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New web address!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: New web address!!! Reply with quote

anyone else notice the change from magicjacksupport.com to phoneservicesupport.com Wink got an update for a posting and thought it was spam at first, but all looks good Wink
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out - I was *wondering* why I had to re-enter my logon password! Diddn't even notice the change in web address until you mentioned it Wink
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name suggests that they now offer a phone service, rather than an unspecified multimedia service(TOS). Hear, hear. Twisted Evil
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found the reason for the new domain
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/case.jsp?case_id=25908
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to know the case details... Twisted Evil
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
It would be interesting to know the case details... Twisted Evil

Here's what you are looking for. Unfortunately, this is just a summary and no specific details of the filings are shown.

http://www.udrpsearch.com/wipo/d2013-0334

HOWEVER, there is one thing that is intimated that one would certainly expect: Former CEO Dan was accused of a material breach of the truth as to whether he and other employees of Magicjack had personally participated in these fora as early as 2008. Naturally, he denied this allegation, It was acknowledged by the arbiter the difficulty of substantiating this participation in the absence of sworn personal testimony, but I think we all know the real deal.

Were this case decided by a more traditional hearing in a court of law, likely the outcome would have been different as everyone could have been deposed and sworn under oath.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Were this case decided by a more traditional hearing in a court of law, likely the outcome would have been different as everyone could have been deposed and sworn under oath.

Not necessarily. I have seen people lying under oath in our state courts as boldly as Dan and getting away with it. Especially in non jury cases where you just need one crooked and incompetent judge- we have plenty of them.
However, this panel's decision is totally ridiculous in multiple ways and just feeds my profound distrust of any arbitrage panels.
Thanks for the link BTW Smile
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to the question of why MJ wanted this website to change its web address is pretty simple, actually. Now that the company is indisputably successful (see today's MagicJack News) it doesn't want others to use its name without formal permission or even *inadvertently* imply that they're formally affiliated with MJ. This happens regarding growing companies *very* frequently.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
The answer to the question of why MJ wanted this website to change its web address is pretty simple, actually. Now that the company is indisputably successful (see today's MagicJack News) it doesn't want others to use its name without formal permission or even *inadvertently* imply that they're formally affiliated with MJ. This happens regarding growing companies *very* frequently.

So why would they buy a domain like "verizonphonenumber.com"
http://whois.domaintools.com/verizonphonenumber.com

This makes no sense!
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
So why would they buy a domain like "verizonphonenumber.com"
http://whois.domaintools.com/verizonphonenumber.com

This makes no sense!

Who knows? I'm sure that they had an interesting reason for doing so when they originally acquired it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they continue to have any use for it.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like that potting magic jack forum, unofficial magic jack support or anything else will bring you to magic jack's web site, even your own search history. You really have to start using the new URL. I think that a lot of new users will not find this site any more.
BTW, Dan apparently still uses that 6 plus years old video- wonder what his daughter thinks about it these days... Twisted Evil
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my bookmark for this site today and it took me to Dan's page with his daughter, who is now probably 20 something.
Diggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away from this site for quite awhile and it was indeed hard to find again much less try to figure out what happened. (Wish this thread was more prominently displayed.) I know a few of us around here also frequent DSL Reports. A sticky over there would be very helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: