magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New User - after 5 min. I can't hear them, but they can me

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insteadof
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: No diff Reply with quote

Sadly it made no difference. 3 test calls, all made it to 5:30 before I quit. 4th call lasted 23:37 before I hung up. Next call 5 minutes and it died. Called the same number without changing anything and it lasted 10:30 before I hung up.
peterd2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the facts as I know them:
1) The problem began about a month ago (after 4-5 months of no problems)
2) Most calls (more than 90%), maybe ALL calls, initiated by the phone connected to the MJ unit result in the other party's incoming audio being dropped after five minutes. they can still hear me, but I can't hear them.
3) Incoming calls are NEVER affected.
4) I haven't done much testing with non-Canadian #s because I don't call non-Canadian #s a lot so I'll say "local (areas code 204) numbers I call"are affected, and I suspect that others numbers are affected as well.
5) NONE of the countless hours of changes to firewall and security settings, disabling virus software, updating Magicjack, changing DNS entries, or rebooting router or PC have done a single thing to fix the problem.

I believe that MJ support can't admit they don't know what the issue is so they waste your time making you jump through one desperate tech hoop after another until you get tired of it or run out of time and then they figure it's fixed. Clue: IT'S NOT!
asperger
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterd2010 wrote:
Here's the facts as I know them:
4) I haven't done much testing with non-Canadian #s because I don't call non-Canadian #s a lot so I'll say "local (areas code 204) numbers I call"are affected, and I suspect that others numbers are affected as well.

514-400-xxxx
289-259-xxxx
403-800-xxxx

Three numbers i'm following that still manifest the problem; two of us have moved on from magicjack, the third preparing to do so.

Remember to visit the magicjack site one last time to turn off your automatic renewal; that really should be your last interaction with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: