magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windows)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
az1324
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windows) Reply with quote

Here's a little new toy I whipped up that lets you dial out using google voice in combination with one of the free incoming SIP services.

NOTE:
Read through the thread for lots of good detailed setup examples and tips on using dialplan configurations to enhance the overall functionality of your setup. For example you can still keep incoming calls and 911 functionality even when the computer is off.

When you dial out via phone, you get an immediate busy signal. Then hang up and with a few seconds your phone will ring with the incoming connection from GV. Pick it up and your call is connected. It's not an ideal solution but works ok and is more convenient than using a web dialer etc... and its incoming so no 3 minute time limit.

Enter the SIP Server of your free incoming service (gizmo5, sipgate) then enter the phone number associated with that account (must be in your GV account too).

Enjoy.

UPDATE 8-3-09: This version fixes a bug which might have affected a small number of users if you could get your ATA to register through the proxy and got busy signal but no incoming ring. Also this version is able to detect clients with changing IP addresses but don't try to connect more than one client or you will confuse it.

Can be debugged from command line with arguments "d" for simple and "e" for extended.

Delay specifies the wait time between issuing the busy signal and initiating the call through GV.

You can either get the busy signal and use the delay, or you get no busy signal and GVOut will wait for you to hang up.

UPDATE 9-11-09: Adds dial plan mode. I have switched to SIPSorcery and would recommend people do the same. It can also be run on your local machine. EDIT: I have now switched to asterisk with a GV calling script (here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xjndvixwmi2) and it is more reliable than SIPSorcery, plus lots of added features.

UPDATE 9-14-09: Bugfixes

9-16-09: Better error handling

9-28-09: Google login changed

11-18-09: Google postdata changed

11-27-09: Fix for Gizmo5 Numbers

11-29-09: Fix for better compatibility

Latest version link will always be here: (Version 1.1.6.3) http://www.mediafire.com/?tnooonom3td

EDIT: For clarification, this is meant to be an alternative to magicjack for FREE inbound and outgoing calling using a service such as sipgate or gizmo5 combined with a google voice account and an ATA.

Last edited by az1324 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 19 times in total
vdot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windo Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Here's a little new toy I whipped up that lets you dial out using google voice in combination with one of the free incoming SIP services.

When you dial out via phone, you get an immediate busy signal. Then hang up and with a few seconds your phone will ring with the incoming connection from GV. Pick it up and your call is connected. It's not an ideal solution but works ok and is more convenient than using a web dialer etc... and its incoming so no 3 minute time limit.

Enter the SIP Server of your free incoming service (gizmo5, sipgate) then enter the phone number associated with that account (must be in your GV account too).

Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zngxmj5duld

I'm not clear. Do you mean dial out using a magicjack-connected phone,
and if so then is the assumption that MJ softphone is running on the
computer which this software is loaded?

Sorry if I'm dense, but it wasn't clear to me the setup you need...
Sounds cool, nevertheless... Wink
TIA
az1324

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No this is not really to do with magicjack. This is so you can dial out with a google voice + sipgate or gizmo5 account and get free outgoing as well as incoming.
vdot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
No this is not really to do with magicjack. This is so you can dial out with a google voice + sipgate or gizmo5 account and get free outgoing as well as incoming.

How can the software effect new routing or even sense an outgoing call an ATA or
Sipphone on my network places (ie: how can it possibly know that I pick
up such a phone, and make a call)? I'm missing how this is supposed to
be set up. Could you please give a complete example of your set-up?
Thanks!

Sorry again if I'm being dense....
az1324

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You setup the google voice + gizmo5 as normal in the other thread, but you are limited to 3 minute outgoing.

Then you run the GVOut proxy and point the ATA to the proxy and then the proxy to gizmo5.

When you call out, the proxy intercepts the call and instead tells google voice to start the call. It gives you busy signal as confirmation then you hang up. Then the phone rings you pick up and it starts ringing to the number you dialed on the phone. This works the same as if you had gone to the google voice website and placed a call.

End result: You can use the phone to dial and no 3 minute limitation... and FREE. The minor inconvenience is that you have to hang up and reanswer the phone and wait a few extra seconds, but... FREE.

Last edited by az1324 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
vdot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
You setup the google voice + gizmo5 as normal in the other thread, but you are limited to 3 minute outgoing.

Then you run the GVOut proxy and point the ATA to the proxy and then the proxy to gizmo5.

When you call out, the proxy intercepts the call and instead tells google voice to start the call. It gives you busy signal as confirmation then you hang up. Then the phone rings you pick up and it starts ringing to the number you dialed on the phone. This works the same as if you had gone to the google voice website and placed a call.

End result: You can use the phone to dial and no 3 minute limitation... and FREE.

Thanks! I hadn't read "the other" thread, so I wasn't following that this
was a proxy. It's *very* cool now!!
az1324

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been downloaded about 70 times but haven't heard any feedback.
vdot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Its been downloaded about 70 times but haven't heard any feedback.

I'll try it out and let you know...one immediate feedback:
I scanned it with a mega scanner (40 antivirus programs), and it has NONE!

So I'll let you know in a couple minutes...
digitize
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not make it work. My scenario is GV+G5+ATA+GVout on PC. I cannot get the ATA to register to GVout. The only parameter I replaced on the ATA was G5's proxy with my PC's or 192.168.0.103:5060 which is running GVout. Are there any other parameters to change on the ATA?

I like the concept of GVout and it is a nice workaround.

Thanks

Joe

Update: I got it to work and it works like a charm. I had to just add in the outbound proxy field of my ATA with the pc's IP address:5060 and say yes to allow outbound proxy.
digitize
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AZ1324 for the contribution. I would love to see this now on DD-WRT so I do not have to keep my PC running.
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Yeah it could be written for dd-wrt. It is based partly on this script http://www.pmarks.net/posted_links/google-voice-dialout.agi and is otherwise similar to mjmd5. So hopefully someone can step up and do that.

This is my setup for reference:
vdot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too got it working fine. Don't have my ATA yet (It's sitting at the
Post Office right now Sad ), but using eyeBeam [softphone], I changed
the GZ5 proxy from proxy01.sipphone.com to 192.168.2.79:5060 which
is my notebook's IP where I'm running both eyeBeam and the proxy
(GVout). Only hitch was, I had run the proxy first, then went and set-up
the eyeBeam settings. I couldn't get the eyeBeam to register. until I
stopped and re-started GVout for some reason.

Works great now; and fast, too. Thanks AZ1324!

Here's an eyeBeam setup:
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for testing. I bet you'll like it better on an ATA.
agriffiths
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, AZ. Another brilliant post and idea.
I was thinking, for those with MJ set up on an ATA, such as PAP2T, with DD-WRT/MJMD5....is it not possible to just access your GV outbound dialing by creating a dial plan?

In the example situation where your GV number is 2125551212, MJ number is 3134441313, and you MJ number is registered as a GV forwarding number and you have the GV Settings set so your MJ number has direct access to your VM, without entering a PIN:
It seems that you should be able to create a dial plan on the PAP2T that begins something like

(<:12125551212PP2>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|
"PP2" being Pause, Pause, and the no.2 (2 pauses for the time to get to the point in GV where you can dial out, and the no.2 being the digit used to initiate callout in GV).

Then, you would have to find a way to write the "#" termination character into the string, I'm guessing.

I admit that I am a much better direction follower than innovator when it comes to dial plans and the like. I guess I'm just putting this out there because I've had not much luck getting this to work on the ATA and I've seen some of the brilliant stuff that AZ, Magicdump and the other near geniuses on here seem to be able to figure out. Best solution I've come up with is a top of the list Speed Dial setting on my office phone that dials my GV number Pause Pause 2.
vdot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:

Can't wait to get it on Monday...got up too late to get it today...er...Saturday
because I've been doing too many all-nighters Smile
I was thinking...there's a thread on this forum, of people who have been
limited to incoming calls on Magicjack because they ostensibly talked too
much. MJ imposed a no-outgoing (unless you pay .01/min) limit on them,
but they still get incoming calls. It seems your same basic strategy could
be used to get around their issues, don't you think? The magicjack
server would just have to be proxied in the LMHOSTS file, to point to
your proxy. Then the Gizmo5 (that GoogleVoice forwards to), would be
forwarded to their MJ. Eh? ...or could you just go from GoogleVoice to MJ?
richardtaur

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed the instruction... I did get busy tone after I dialed the number. My X-Lite did register it through my computer. But, I didn't get my GV calls back. What else can I tsht the issue?

Thanks,
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agriffiths wrote:
I was thinking, for those with MJ set up on an ATA, such as PAP2T, with DD-WRT/MJMD5....is it not possible to just access your GV outbound dialing by creating a dial plan?

In the example situation where your GV number is 2125551212, MJ number is 3134441313, and you MJ number is registered as a GV forwarding number and you have the GV Settings set so your MJ number has direct access to your VM, without entering a PIN:
It seems that you should be able to create a dial plan on the PAP2T that begins something like

"PP2" being Pause, Pause, and the no.2 (2 pauses for the time to get to the point in GV where you can dial out, and the no.2 being the digit used to initiate callout in GV).

Then, you would have to find a way to write the "#" termination character into the string, I'm guessing.

I admit that I am a much better direction follower than innovator when it comes to dial plans and the like. I guess I'm just putting this out there because I've had not much luck getting this to work on the ATA and I've seen some of the brilliant stuff that AZ, Magicdump and the other near geniuses on here seem to be able to figure out. Best solution I've come up with is a top of the list Speed Dial setting on my office phone that dials my GV number Pause Pause 2.

Maybe but the whole point is to be able to use it on a service where only incoming calls are free.
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdot wrote:
az1324 wrote:

Can't wait to get it on Monday...got up too late to get it today...er...Saturday
because I've been doing too many all-nighters Smile
I was thinking...there's a thread on this forum, of people who have been
limited to incoming calls on Magicjack because they ostensibly talked too
much. MJ imposed a no-outgoing (unless you pay .01/min) limit on them,
but they still get incoming calls. It seems your same basic strategy could
be used to get around their issues, don't you think? The magicjack
server would just have to be proxied in the LMHOSTS file, to point to
your proxy. Then the Gizmo5 (that GoogleVoice forwards to), would be
forwarded to their MJ. Eh? ...or could you just go from GoogleVoice to MJ?

Yes that would work you could just do GV + MJ.
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, az1324 you did it again! lol I really need to start learning how to program, lol. Anyways, I actually recognized your work on a different site:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1471803

Not to say that I am not appreciative which I and many others are, but is there a way to have GVOUT connect the call, instead of having the user hang up? How hard would this be?

EDIT: lol AZ1324, that's you on Slickdeals...Hi!
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleRunkle wrote:
Well, az1324 you did it again! lol I really need to start learning how to program, lol. Anyways, I actually recognized your work on a different site:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1471803

Not to say that I am not appreciative which I and many others are, but is there a way to have GVOUT connect the call, instead of having the user hang up? How hard would this be?

EDIT: lol AZ1324, that's you on Slickdeals...Hi!

Well I did consider that but I'm not sure if it's possible without proxying the RTP stream. I would have to do some more research into the SIP protocol. It works well enough for my purposes so maybe someone else can provide some info. Also, there is already a way to do this and bridge the calls if you are running Asterisk. I posted a link to the script in this thread.
agriffiths
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
agriffiths wrote:

Maybe but the whole point is to be able to use it on a service where only incoming calls are free.

I get your point, and wasn't trying to hijack the thread. Just was brainstorming to find better ways to dial out w GV, being that for the most part we are all MJ users here.
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this free Soft Phone with 6 Lines, and a lot of tricks I have test it and work excellent with Gizmo5, Sipgate, Voxox.

http://www.nch.com.au/talk/index.html

I am using Sipgate for all my incoming an outgoing on Google Voice for now, because of the 3 free hours you get when you open a new account, and also because you can spoof your outgoing number i let it ring twoo times and they will call me back so I can save my outgoing min.

But it will be nice if someone can have the Proxy working in the DD-WRT router!!!

Thanks az1324

Last edited by jose.miami on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested the Proxy on the Express Talk Soft Phone, and Xlite, and it works good with Gizmo5 and Sipgate, So I can get rid of Gizmo5 now.

Thank you again
synchron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys - I'm usually good at this but the ATA is not registering for me.

Do I put in anything for UN/PW in ATA?? Or just the 192.168.X.X in the proxy stuff? Do you need to specify outbound proxy for this to work?

What phone number do I enter in the proxy PC program?? 1747XXXXXXX (Gizmo 5) or my local GV number? The other fields seem self-explanatory where I would enter sipgate.com for Sipgate or proxy01.sipphone.com for G5. Right?

Please, step by step - this will be a great alternative once they change the MJ pw. Great stuff! (once I can get it to work)

TIA,

Synchron Cool
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the setup I am using with my PAP2T using sipgate:

GVOut Proxy running in my laptop:

Port 5060

SIP Server sipgate.com

Phone my SipGate Phone Number

GV Username My GV Username

GV Password My GV Password

Setting in PAP2T

Proxy sipgate.com

Outbound Proxy 192.168.169.105:5060 (My Laptop IP Address)

Register yes

Register Expires 600

Use Outbound Proxy yes

Password Your sipgate password

Auth ID Your Sipgate User ID

User Id Your Sipgate User ID

Use Auth ID yes

It also works for Gizmo5, but I will refuse to use it for what they doing to us.

BTW Sipgate is a free more complete service with 3 Hrs free credits for dialing out, but it will cost you nothing doing this click to call, running the Proxy in your computer is like a free inbound call.

For anyone than don't know just open a free account here:

http://www.sipgate.com/

Now I can dial out all my contact number from my cordless Phone.

Just waiting for this Proxy running on the DD-WRT, so I can turn my laptop off.

Thank you again

Last edited by jose.miami on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
synchron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MTA 6328-2re has :

SIP Proxy:
Use outbound proxy (checkbox)
SIP Domain:
Registration Expiration Time.

I've always put the same thing in both fields for proxy and domain - guess I'll change one to proxy01.sipphone.com

Do I need to reenable GV in G5 account as well?

BTW, sipgate isn't exactly free - they are charging me $1.90 1st of every month for mandatory e911 fee even if I never use thir 1.9c/min dial out.
My current balance is $-1.78 (lol)

Synchron Cool
az1324

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so who knows more about SDP? I want to bridge the calls without creating an endpoint. Is it possible? Here's what I'm trying but I can't get it to work. Granted I am kind of blindly stabbing in the dark. Guess I should go read up on SDP.

Theoretical Bridge:

Client Send INVITE + SDP to Proxy
Proxy Store ClientSDP
Proxy Send TRYING to Client
Proxy Initiate GV Incoming
Server Send INVITE + SDP to Proxy
Proxy Send TRYING to Server
Proxy Store ServerSDP
Proxy Send OK + ClientSDP to Server
Proxy Send OK + ServerSDP to Client
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="synchron"]My MTA 6328-2re has Very Happyo I need to reenable GV in G5 account as well?[/quote]

No unless you want to give G5 access to your account on GV, they can pull your money out of your GV account in case you own them any money by having your log in info. You don't need it because you are not calling out, the proxy is doing the click to call from GV, you will only have inbound calls.

I have test it and it work without the activation.
synchron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose.miami wrote:

No unless you want to give G5 access to your account on GV, they can pull your money out of your GV account in case you own them any money by having your log in info. You don't need it because you are not calling out, the proxy is doing the click to call from GV, you will only have inbound calls.

I have test it and it work without the activation.

Thanks for the tip!

Grrr I was able to get it to register with GVOut proxy but w/ Gizmo, I get one short ring and disconnect. Going through the mysipswitch route, phone won't ring at all with either me disconnect after "busy" or GV website. The sipswitch call log, does, however, show a 200 OK status and a phone call that lasts always 58 seconds even though I never hear the ring.

Once again, grrr.......

Synchron Cool
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ1324, check this out:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=633
dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey anyone get this working via Asterisk from the nerdvittles site? confused on why you need two DIDs but I think I have followed this step by step just doenst seem to work.
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="UncleRunkle"]AZ1324, check this out:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=633[/quote]

This article confirm not to trust G5 anymore, good for the asterisk users, but we can do the same with GV + (Sipgate or IPKal) + PAP2T + GVOut Proxy running on a DD-WRT router ones the code gets out.

P.S. VoxOx can also be use.

Thanks for Sharing
dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a new article http://www.nerdvittles.com that explains how to do this now.. the old one still works but they do not recomend it.. Anyone have this new way working?
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose.miami wrote:
UncleRunkle wrote:
AZ1324, check this out:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=633

This article confirm not to trust G5 anymore, good for the asterisk users, but we can do the same with GV + (Sipgate or IPKal) + PAP2T + GVOut Proxy running on a DD-WRT router ones the code gets out.

P.S. VoxOx can also be use.

Thanks for Sharing

Yes and no. It's not exactly the same. With GVOut you have to hang up and wait for the return call. The NerdVittles method involves putting the parties in a conference, without the need to hang up. I do think GVOut is simpler to set up, but the Asterisk way is simpler for day to day usage. I'm hoping that AZ1324 can understand how they merged the calls and maybe integrate that into GVOut.

Which reminds me, does anyone have an answer to his question?
az1324 wrote:
Ok so who knows more about SDP? I want to bridge the calls without creating an endpoint. Is it possible? Here's what I'm trying but I can't get it to work. Granted I am kind of blindly stabbing in the dark. Guess I should go read up on SDP.

Theoretical Bridge:

Client Send INVITE + SDP to Proxy
Proxy Store ClientSDP
Proxy Send TRYING to Client
Proxy Initiate GV Incoming
Server Send INVITE + SDP to Proxy
Proxy Send TRYING to Server
Proxy Store ServerSDP
Proxy Send OK + ClientSDP to Server
Proxy Send OK + ServerSDP to Client
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Yes and no. It's not exactly the same. With GVOut you have to hang up and wait for the return call. The NerdVittles method involves putting the parties in a conference, without the need to hang up. I do think GVOut is simpler to set up, but the Asterisk way is simpler for day to day usage. I'm hoping that AZ1324 can understand how they merged the calls and maybe integrate that into GVOut. [/quote]

Good point but I don't really mind, there is almost no waiting and it works fine for me.

Just waiting for new code to run it in my DD-WRT.

"Where there's a Will, there's a way"

Thank you for clear that up.
az1324

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known the Asterisk solution since last week but seems overkill to run asterisk just to call out. Plus GVOut can be ported to a much smaller package to run on routers. Bridging calls should be possible with a little more code, but I don't really want to spend too much time on it so I'm waiting for some expert help.
aakimenko
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason it doesn't work when I use my gmail username or [email protected]. I get busy signal and no call back...

On the other hand [email protected] works fine.

What a great program, all we need now is DD-WRT version!

PS: G5 - what a shameful deception in regard to GV integration.
anant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Need help Reply with quote

Need help:

MY PAP2T is not registering with Sipgate. I think I have filled in data correctly.

My desktop PC IP address is : 192.168.XX.YYY

With all parameters input into PAP2T being the same:

PAP2T registers with Outbound proxy: sipgate.com and Inbound calls work. OUT calls need credit.
At this stage I created an account for SIPGATE phone in GV and GV activated the phone.

PAP2 doen not register with Outboundproxy: 192.168.XX.YYY or with
192.168.XX.YYY:5060

I do not know what is happening. Tried several several times. I need help.

I have enterd in GVOUT:

Port: 5060
Sip Server: 192.168.XX.YYY:5060
Phone: 1-415-xxx-yyyy
GV Username: as to access GV
GVpw: as to access GV
and saved the settings.

Desparate Need help please.

anant
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the setup I am using with my PAP2T using sipgate:

GVOut Proxy running in my laptop:

Port 5060

SIP Server sipgate.com

Phone my SipGate Phone Number

GV Username My GV Username

GV Password My GV Password

Setting in PAP2T

Proxy sipgate.com

Outbound Proxy 192.168.169.105:5060 (My Laptop IP Address)

Register yes

Register Expires 600

Use Outbound Proxy yes

Password Your sipgate password

Auth ID Your Sipgate User ID

User Id Your Sipgate User ID

Use Auth ID yes

You don't need to put the pot for your computer address because it is included in the GVOUT proxy.
And the Sipgate phone number does not need the country prefix (1).

You don't need to have credits on sipgate because you wont be dialing out. GVOut will make a click to call connection for you. So technically
you will be receiving inbound calls only.

Last edited by jose.miami on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
screenname
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- post deleted -

Last edited by screenname on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
anant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Not able to register Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have followed your Aug 1 post and inputed the parameters as indicated.

These are my inputs copied from my system as entered.

I have obtained the IP address of my desktop as 192.168.16.zzz ( using Run -> cmd > ipconfig /all ) on my desktop

In GVOUT.exe:

Port: 5060

Sipserver: sipgate.com

sipphone #: 1-415-xxx-YYYY
GV userid: used to access GV
GV pw: as used to access GV

and saved the settings.

Note: GV has activated the above phone # for SIPGATE.

In PAP2T:

sip port: 5060
proxy: sipgate.com
Outboundproxy: 192.168.16.zzz:5060 and also tried without :5060
Register: Yes
Register Expires: 600
Use Outbound proxy: Yes

Note: It does not register with Outboundproxy: 192.168.16.zzz:5060 or with 192.168.16.zzz

It registers just by replacing the above with sipgate.com or leave it blank.

Kindly peruse the above for a few mins and see if you can identify my problem. I have spent almost 3 hrs but in vain.

I realize this is a fantastic application if I can make it work. I tried the above settings with VOXOX I found identical problem in registration.
I definitely need further guidance.

Thanks in anticipation.

anant
az1324

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help Reply with quote

anant wrote:

anant

In GVOut the format of Phone should be 2223334444. In PAP2 try Proxy:192.168.16.zzz (your desktop)
Outboundproxy: (none)
Use Outbound Proxy: no
anant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: still not registering Reply with quote

Thnka for your prompt response.

In GVOUT:
changed the phone number to 415639zzzz ( No digit 1 in the front)

In PAP2T:

In proxy as: 192.168.16.zzz outbound proxy NO
Outbound proxy field blank.

It does not still register. I am ready to try anything to make it work.
Thanks.

anant
aakimenko
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough, I couldn't get the ATA to register, and Xten registered only when I start it first, and then immediately turn on the proxy, but the ATA could make & receive calls without being registered? I use HT502.
anant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: proxy Reply with quote

The moment I replace my proxy : 192.168.16.zzz ( as in my earlier post) by sipgate.com PAP2T immediately registers. and I get a dial tone and receive INBOUND calls. Of course this requires funding the account to make OUTBOUND calls.
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help Reply with quote

[quote="az1324"][quote="anant"]

anant[/quote]

In GVOut the format of Phone should be 2223334444. In PAP2 try Proxy:192.168.16.zzz (your desktop)
Outboundproxy: (none)
Use Outbound Proxy: no[/quote]

Sorry but my PAP2T wont work unless I set it like:

Proxy:sipgate.com
Outboundproxy:192.168.168.ZZZ:5060
Use Outbounproxy: yes

Make sure you stop and start the GVOut Proxy every time you make a change in the PAP2T.

It does work for me the way I have it setup witout putting any money in the Sipgate account.

Last edited by jose.miami on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
anant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried again with

proxy: sipgate.com outboundproxy: yes
outbound proxy: 191.168.16.zzz:5060

My PAP2T does not register..

If I set Outboundproxy : blank, My PAP2 registers.
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the GVOut proxy in your computer and start it again it takes about a min for your PAP2T to register.
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anant wrote:
My PAP2T does not register.
I've got the same symptoms as you. What router firmware are you running? I'm using a WRT54G with tomato v1.25. I'm looking for a common cause.
anant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I stp and start the GVOUT proxy server ? Is there any simpler way of reentering the data ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: