magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New MajicJack vs Old MajicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThisIsMyUserName
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: New MajicJack vs Old MajicJack Reply with quote

I've had my MJ for nearly 2 years now. Recently I had a friend buy one and I hooked it up for them and went through the initial registration process with them. Going through registration, there is an option to pick a vanity phone number for either $3 or $10 per year extra depending on weather you pick the last 4 digits from a bank of available numbers or all 10 digits. On my old MajicJack, there is simply an option to get a new random number in the area and city you choose, with no choice of last 4 digits. The online chat at MJ customer service told me to buy a brand new MJ, which is a newer hardware version. They claim that they can transfer over your unused years of service (I just bought 5 years) from the old MJ to the new MJ. Q1: Anyone know how I can tell the difference between the old and the new? Q2: Anyone ever replace their MJ with a new one (ie: after it was lost or submurged in liquid) and get to keep their pre-paid years? Q3: Anyone try the CHANGE NUMBER feature on the new model and see the vanity number screen?
Alesana
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New MajicJack vs Old MajicJack Reply with quote

ThisIsMyUserName wrote:
I've had my MJ for nearly 2 years now. Recently I had a friend buy one and I hooked it up for them and went through the initial registration process with them. Going through registration, there is an option to pick a vanity phone number for either $3 or $10 per year extra depending on weather you pick the last 4 digits from a bank of available numbers or all 10 digits. On my old MajicJack, there is simply an option to get a new random number in the area and city you choose, with no choice of last 4 digits. The online chat at MJ customer service told me to buy a brand new MJ, which is a newer hardware version. They claim that they can transfer over your unused years of service (I just bought 5 years) from the old MJ to the new MJ. Q1: Anyone know how I can tell the difference between the old and the new? Q2: Anyone ever replace their MJ with a new one (ie: after it was lost or submurged in liquid) and get to keep their pre-paid years? Q3: Anyone try the CHANGE NUMBER feature on the new model and see the vanity number screen?

Q1: As of now, I have not seen any difference regarding the new magicJack and the old magicJack
Q2: Yes, if you transfer your old magicJack number to a new unregistered device, all credits (license, International minutes, and the likes) will be transferred also..
Q3: The vanity number is now available.. Choosing the 10 digit vanity number will cost you $10 and provided that your desired number is on the list.. And $3 for the last 4 numbers, and also the numbers should be available on the list.. But let me remind you that you can only get the chance to choose the vanity number if you are to register the device for a new number and not transferring an old number to the new device..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThisIsMyUserName
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard elsewhere that there is at least 2 hardwared versions and wondering if anyone else has pix or ID #s.

So getting the new device won't help with the vanity # & credit transfer.
I should just wait until number porting /LNP comes out "SOON" this year.
Alesana
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that seems to be the only choice you have atm.. But let's hope things will turn favorably..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: