magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New cities!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jharadie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tloe wrote:
Washington numbers are available again. I don't know what happened, but when I checked the number change options today, all the area codes and prefixes are again visible. It's possible too many people were using the device and they might have temporarily disabled number selection to upgrade the servers, but I'm not sure.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see WA #'s back. Smile I'll be even happier when they expand 360 to include Bellingham & Olympia. Has anybody heard anything regarding that? Question
Lari3366
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goonierag wrote:
For a company that suppose to have a contract in all 50 states as Dan said in that last interview. How come there ain't one number in West Virginia. Hell we only have one area code in the whole state. 304 There could possible lots of new customer is they would just do one West Virginia city. Until they do I won't push it to people. What they think West Virginia is part of Virginia like lots do.

They have WV but they forgot all about the eastern panhandle area, how about some phone numbers for Harpers Ferry WV?
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jharadie wrote:
tloe wrote:
Washington numbers are available again. I don't know what happened, but when I checked the number change options today, all the area codes and prefixes are again visible. It's possible too many people were using the device and they might have temporarily disabled number selection to upgrade the servers, but I'm not sure.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see WA #'s back. Smile I'll be even happier when they expand 360 to include Bellingham & Olympia. Has anybody heard anything regarding that? Question

Well, if the little area code map in the new Qwest phone book is any indication, they finally decided they're going to implement the "new" area code (564?) in the southwest corner of the state. So ironically enough, the very areas now covered by the 360 area code in Magic Jack will no longer be eligible for that area code.

That alone should free up those numbers for Olympia & Bellingham.

Of course that would actually make sense, so it probably won't happen. Thank God for Google & Sipgate.
Mntneer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lari3366 wrote:
goonierag wrote:
For a company that suppose to have a contract in all 50 states as Dan said in that last interview. How come there ain't one number in West Virginia. Hell we only have one area code in the whole state. 304 There could possible lots of new customer is they would just do one West Virginia city. Until they do I won't push it to people. What they think West Virginia is part of Virginia like lots do.

They have WV but they forgot all about the eastern panhandle area, how about some phone numbers for Harpers Ferry WV?

No kidding. Had I known there were no prefixes available for our area (important information I could NOT find on the magic jack site) I wouldn't have bother purchasing. Now I've got the choice of either going with Hagerstown, MD or another city in WV, both of which would cause people calling us to incur long distance charges.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mntneer wrote:
Lari3366 wrote:
goonierag wrote:

No kidding. Had I known there were no prefixes available for our area (important information I could NOT find on the magic jack site) I wouldn't have bother purchasing. Now I've got the choice of either going with Hagerstown, MD or another city in WV, both of which would cause people calling us to incur long distance charges.

Have you considered signing up for a google voice number and having it forward to your MJ number?
Details all over this site
iijones
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: MY STATE ALL SAME AREA CODE Reply with quote

I live in a huge geographic state.
The population is small and the whole state uses the same area code.
However, MY number is 'routed' through a city 800 miles away.

Thus, I can ONLY make outgoing calls. Anyone calling me ..even from next door is technically, making a 'long distance' call :x !

They keep telling me 'new cities will be added.'
After a year, I've given up.
OTHER THAN THIS, I LOVE MY MAGIC JACK. I ONLY WISH THEY'D GET WITH THE PROGRAM.
Kauaiguy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing for Hawaii (808). My local friends have to dial long distance (925) just to call me! Aaaaargh! Mad
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kauaiguy wrote:
Nothing for Hawaii (808). My local friends have to dial long distance (925) just to call me! Aaaaargh! Mad

See if you can get a local FREE Google Voice # for those friends to call and have it call your MJ #. If that works then problem solved...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NH74
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Still No 603 New Hampshire Numbers Reply with quote

Been A Customer Since The Original Came Out And Was Told They Would Be Adding Numbers.

Any Chance That's Ever Going To Happen? I Cannot In Good Faith Recommend A Device That Still Only Has Numbers Available In Neighboring States.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Still No 603 New Hampshire Numbers Reply with quote

NH74 wrote:
Been A Customer Since The Original Came Out And Was Told They Would Be Adding Numbers.

Any Chance That's Ever Going To Happen? I Cannot In Good Faith Recommend A Device That Still Only Has Numbers Available In Neighboring States.

Suggest you hook up to magicjack.com and "talk" with MagicJack about that.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.magicjack.com/account/mjLandingpages.do?page=areaCodes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: