magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neoware E100 Ca10 512mb Windows XPe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike2606
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboxuser1 wrote:
Good .... new my usb key boot in linux mode, and after a full boot, got USB 2.2.2 Flash tool ..... have 6 choice ....

1- Image Wrtie Mode
2- Image Record Mode
3- Image Record Mode (XPe)
4- Secure Erase Flash
5- Format Flash Ext2
6- Exit

So, at this point what option I should use? my DD image file are in IMAGES folder in the root of the usb key ... and it's the 1.5 Tweaked CA22 taken from here....

A very big big thank!! this TC should work really soon!

Thanks!

It should be 1 (image write), also you must ensure that your target drive is at least 1 gig (usable storage) iaw the image you trying to flash.
xboxuser1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Sure?? it's not option 3 for Win XPe ???
mike2606
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboxuser1 wrote:
...Sure?? it's not option 3 for Win XPe ???

Its should be 1, unless you a recording a xpe image.
oskaar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to restore a Neoware Thin Client that I've got, and this guide looks excellent. The only problem I'm having is that the link for the USB Flash Tool is no longer extant.

Does anyone have a mirror for this utility that I could get?

Thanks!
STxFarmer
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the link and all is good. Try again.
A-TRAIN
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Target drive Reply with quote

How do I select a target drive to install on? I keep getting errors when I try to record an image on my 1gb DOM.
murugan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Target drive Reply with quote

A-TRAIN wrote:
How do I select a target drive to install on?

If you are using the USB tool (by STxFarmer) to image (or backup or erase) your DOM, you do not need to "select a target drive". The e90 has only 1 "drive" (the DOM) (hda) and the USB tool will automatically write to or backup from that "drive" - it will always ask for permission (yes/no) in case you change your mind before it carries out the operation you have chosen (Write, Backup, Secure Erase, etc)

Download the USB Imaging/Backup Tool here:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/want-to-use-neoware-here-is-all-the-info-w-software-t8531.html

Page 1 - "How do I get a clean image to my Thin Client? Here is the info and files to make a bootable USB drive that you can flash/and or backup an image to your thin client: (new updated version) "

Read the instructions on how to prepare the USB Tool and how to use it - all contained in the download - an excellent one by StxFarmer.

It has always worked for me - not only on Neoware but on other TCs as well (Maxterm Maxspeed, Wyse Winterms, etc)

A-TRAIN wrote:
I keep getting errors when I try to record an image on my 1gb DOM.

Since I don't want to cross post to the same question, please see my reply to this question here:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/want-to-use-neoware-here-is-all-the-info-w-software-t8531-30.html
Page 3 right after your post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: