magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
my magicjack is not working in dubai U.A.E.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikamadia
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: my magicjack is not working in dubai U.A.E. Reply with quote

i am visiting dubai in United arab emirates. my magicjack does not work out here. anyone help please
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, please confirm that your MJ was working properly in the country where you previously were.

One possible problem is the ISP blocking outbound UDP port 5070 or inbound UDP port 5060. Test to Boston at http://www.testyourvoip.com/ . If you can't get a score, or get a warning about retrying on an alternate port, then you may be out of luck, unless you can convince the ISP to open the ports for your account.

Also, many hotel systems, corporate firewalls, etc., block some ports. Try testing at another location if possible, or ask the local IT people for details.

If you continue to have trouble, please post what kind of Internet service you have, modem make and model, router if any, whether router is under your administrative control, what appears on softphone status screen at launch, and what appears when you try to call. Do you use any other VoIP services, e.g. Skype? Are those working properly?
fahim
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: my magicjack is not working in dubai U.A.E. Reply with quote

ikamadia wrote:
i am visiting dubai in United arab emirates. my magicjack does not work out here. anyone help please
VOIP is blocked UAE. no VOIP will work in UAE!!!!! sorry.
mansmurf
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOIP does work in UAE.

I have friends who in UAE.. they have vonage & broadvoice.
fahim
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Impossible!!! Just Google "VOIP in dubai".... SEE. VOIP is BAN in DUBAI

http://www.voipnow.org/2006/11/uae_to_life_voi.html
fahim
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mansmurf wrote:
VOIP does work in UAE.

I have friends who in UAE.. they have vonage & broadvoice.

HI mansmurf

IS IT REALY TRUE THAT YOUR FRIENDS HAVE A VONAGE SERVICE IN DUBAI????????????????????

http://www.siliconvalleysleuth.com/2006/08/expatriates_put.html
http://voipguides.blogspot.com/2007/01/dubai-uae-bans-voip-free-calls.html
unreal253
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I figured out a way to use Magicjack in UAE seamlessly, does anyone need help?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guarantee you that vonage works in Dubai being that I talked to my sister there this morning. My sister and her family have lived there for the past 15 months and vonage has worked great for them. They even ported over their old phone number to it from NY and made sure it worked for them in the states before they moved there. I have had many 45 minute or more phone conversations with them from my MJ line and the calls were very good. Unless my brother-in-law has figured a way around their blocking or their just really lucky vonage in Dubai works great.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
I can guarantee you that vonage works in Dubai being that I talked to my sister there this morning. My sister and her family have lived there for the past 15 months and vonage has worked great for them. They even ported over their old phone number to it from NY and made sure it worked for them in the states before they moved there. I have had many 45 minute or more phone conversations with them from my MJ line and the calls were very good. Unless my brother-in-law has figured a way around their blocking or their just really lucky vonage in Dubai works great.

It is my understanding that port blocking is not universal among the several ISPs who service various areas of DUBAI. Can you ask the name of her provider and see if she is familiar with any other ISPs in country. May just be the luck of the draw she lives in an area with a more benevolent provider...

Later

Crackerjack

CrackerJack

MagicJack Customer #73
MagicJack user since May 2007
MagicJack abuser since June 2007
"I gots mo' numbers than a Lotto machine!!!"
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to my sister yesterday and the provider they use is du. I googled du in Dubai and found them immediately. I hope this helps.
tobecand
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unreal253 wrote:
Okay I figured out a way to use Magicjack in UAE seamlessly, does anyone need help?

Hi there

can u help me also how to use magic jack in uae

thanxs in advance
dhrair
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: do you want to buy Magic JAck ? or U have any questions? Reply with quote

Any one wants to buy Magic Jack ? I have 2 with me ! It's been 3 months I have been using it in UAE without issue.

You just need a connection of 256 and above.

Let me know .. If u need help
Harry
Bendle
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just subscribe to www.privatevpn.com and establish a secure VPN tunnel first ... your MJ will work fine in Dubai over any ISP using privatevpn as all traffic is cloaked in the encrypted VPN tunnel. Its a very inexpensive service.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to my sister in Dubai this morning for about thirty minutes. I called her from my MJ to her Vonage line and the call quality was very good. I was testing out an old laptop I picked up for cheap and the calls on it are just as good if not better than my desktop. I think it can be said that voip calls are possible in Dubai.
ckdevassy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: dhrair Reply with quote

please let know how I can contact you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: