magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJP not working : LED lights not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radni
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: MJP not working : LED lights not working Reply with quote

I used my MJP for about 4 months without much problem. Now suddenly its USB convertor is showing not working , so used another USB convertor ( Sony iPod : 5 V , 1Amp) . Still the MJP shows only one blue LED + sign on top face of MJP. . But the Green LED and the blinking Amber ( Yellow like ) LED on top of the internet jack , both are not lighting up at all . Also , needless to say , the MJP is not giving any dial tone : it is simply gone dead .

Does this mean the life of my MJP is over , or is there a way to get it restarted ?
I tried several internet connections on different set up , but still MJP not working .
Any help , suggestions will be welcome .
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not bet on what those lights mean.

My MJ+ has only ever had one light, flashing amber when the phone is able to be used. Tech support has asked several times about other lights , notably blue, which I have never seen, even when MJ+ is working fine.

Some say the flashing light means "internet activity" but I have been on chat with MJ with no lights, while there is no phone.

Mine has failed seven times , and I could always get it going on "chat" with MJ but I am not sure anyone there really knows how it works. The fix was different every time, and some fixes undid the fixes that were made the previous time.

After seven failures, MJ agreed to send me a new one ($13 CAN). It took about three weeks for USPS to deliver it, and I have not installed it as the old one is working flawlessly since the last fix, about 6 weeks now.

All I can suggest is going to MJ chat, and keep with them until it works. I can tell you, you will likely be frustrated with the service, since everyone seems to be, but I have no other idea how to get it going again.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go online, log into your account, start a live help chat, tell them that your MJ+ has died and that you'd like a replacement MJ+ for $9.95 (cost to you will be a little over $10 and you must have a credit card on file in your account to pay for it).

P.S. Included with the new MJ+ will be a new AC adapter.
Radni
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your valuable guidance .
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think $9.99 is only if you are within the 30 day warranty period. Below is what I saw if you lose or break your MJ+ ($40)

magicJack is dedicated to ensure your complete satisfaction.

If you lost or broke your magicJack, we will send you a replacement magicJack for only $10 plus shipping and handling fees, as long as you have an active account.

If you lost or broke your magicJack PLUS, we will send a replacement magicJack PLUS for $40 plus shipping and handling fees, as long as you an active account.

All you have to do is plug your replacement in and follow the prompts. Your license and phone number will be transferred.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$9.95 is the cost for a replacement device that fails (on its own accord) to work, as long as you have and maintain an active MJ account, period. The $40 fee applies ONLY if *you* have lost or broken (like, say, accidentally stepped on it, or taken it apart, or whatever) the device.
CortezLoetz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech support has asked several times about other lights , notably blue, which I have never seen, even when MJ+ is working fine.

Last edited by CortezLoetz on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CortezLoetz wrote:
Tech support has asked several times about other lights , notably blue, which I have never seen, even when MJ+ is working fine.

- It's there. I believe it's by (or "in") the "star" (or "plus" sign: +) right by the MJ logo. The easiest way to see it, though, is to hold your hand's palm open around the MJ+ while it's operating - you'll see a pale blue light on your hand. Especially in the dark. It indicates that the device is receiving electrical power.
max2198
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the same spot were the blue light there should be a white led blinking
when the firmware is running. if the white led is not flashing out possibility the firmware is corruped or hardware failure
ethan8366
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LED display is a new generation of fresh digital media and it has become one of the most powerful channels for advertising. LED displays vivid color and sharp images can deliver an exotic visual impact.
JacobFonsecn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure anyone there really knows how it works. The fix was different every time, and some fixes undid the fixes that were made the previous time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: