magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ Softphone "Click Sound On Ad's Changing"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: MJ Softphone "Click Sound On Ad's Changing" Reply with quote

Everytime the MJ softphone ad's change i hear a click. Its the same click you hear when you are using your windows explorer. However the ad's in the softphone change about every 5 mins so im hearing a click everytime the ad changes in the softphone. Anyway to change it that the ad's don't change or to shut off the click when the ad's change. Its using the same wav file for the click sound as windows explorer uses. To delete the wav file is not the solution and i can't see where to shut the click off in the softphone or in windows vista. MJ worthless support said download upgrade.exe and i told them to go to hell as thats there cure all. I also wrote a email to dan and asked why in the world would you tie the MJ softphone to Internet Explorers "CLICK WAV" is beyond me. I mean everytime ad changes CLICK. That was bright and it started since they were done with upgrades as i never had that crap b4.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices

Sounds Tab
Program Events:
Windows Explorer
Start Navigation

Change to [none] in pulldown list
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices

Sounds Tab
Program Events:
Windows Explorer
Start Navigation

Change to [none] in pulldown list

Thank you sir, You are correct!...However bravo to MJ as i emailed Dan and he answered the email within 2 hours with same cure Very Happy
eddiec75
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really annoyed me too, so I decided to go about this a totally different way. This method prevents the ad from showing up completely. I noticed the web address of the ad is http://67.90.156.68/msgs/rotate2.html - I don�t know if this is the same for everyone, but what I did was place http://67.90.156.68 under �Restricted Sites� in Internet Explorer�s options. Now all that shows up is a blank white space where the ad used to be.
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiec75 wrote:
This really annoyed me too, so I decided to go about this a totally different way. This method prevents the ad from showing up completely. I noticed the web address of the ad is http://67.90.156.68/msgs/rotate2.html - I don�t know if this is the same for everyone, but what I did was place http://67.90.156.68 under �Restricted Sites� in Internet Explorer�s options. Now all that shows up is a blank white space where the ad used to be.

I tried placing that address in my "Restricted Sites" and restarted my MJ and it works as well. So I guess if ppl don't want to hear the clicks or see ads on thier softphone, it's a quick fix.

Good find Eddie
couch-potato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiec75 wrote:

I tried that, but now I get a loud and annoying BONG every 5 minutes. Then I get an error window that says:

A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?
Line: 41
Error: Permission Denied
MagicHack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Thank you sir, You are correct!...However bravo to MJ as i emailed Dan and he answered the email within 2 hours with same cure Very Happy

So, magicJack took 2 hours to reply, but laserjobs answered you in 15 minutes...
trailblazer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couch-potato,

I think you just need to restart your softphone. I think if there is an ad in the window, it will keep trying to change to a new ad.
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couch-potato wrote:
eddiec75 wrote:

I tried that, but now I get a loud and annoying BONG every 5 minutes. Then I get an error window that says:

A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?
Line: 41
Error: Permission Denied

You might try laserlabs method and see if that works better. But remove the address in restricted sites you did in Eddie's method first.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicHack wrote:
gashliquor wrote:

So, magicJack took 2 hours to reply, but laserjobs answered you in 15 minutes...

Laserjob answered in 15 mins after i made the post here. Dan answered email msg in 2 hours but i had the answer from Dan first as i emailed him hours b4 i made the post here. Besides who gives a shit who was first, Actually i put the click back on as when you disable that wav file it also disables all click sounds in I.E., I will live will the click when the ads change as it is'nt that bad you get use to it.
kandip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and used a easier approach to solve this problem. I use to have DSL, well not anymore.. Razz up for 30megs cable connection. Anyways, when I used dsl, I noticed that they have you use a phone filter to reduce any echos n noices. So I went and use the same approach for magic jack. I put a filter into the USB magic jack and then my phone into the filter. And all those annoying noices were gone. YEEPEEEE!!!!
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kandip wrote:
I went and used a easier approach to solve this problem. I use to have DSL, well not anymore.. Razz up for 30megs cable connection. Anyways, when I used dsl, I noticed that they have you use a phone filter to reduce any echos n noices. So I went and use the same approach for magic jack. I put a filter into the USB magic jack and then my phone into the filter. And all those annoying noices were gone. YEEPEEEE!!!!

You must be thinking of some other noise because a DSL filter is not going to turn off sounds in IE
kandip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
You must be thinking of some other noise because a DSL filter is not going to turn off sounds in IE

Well I donno, but somehow it did work for me. I did get that clicking sounds in IE but after installing this filter, it suddently stopped. dunno how as im not a techy, but all i care is that it worked.

The other sound i could hear on the phone was songs that i played on the computer while using magicjack. and that stopped as well after using the filter.
couch-potato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this filter and where can I get one?

Would it help with garbled voices or the echo when I hear my own voice repeats 2 seconds after I finish talking?
kandip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couch-potato wrote:
What is this filter and where can I get one?

Would it help with garbled voices or the echo when I hear my own voice repeats 2 seconds after I finish talking?

I think you can get this at your local cable store. and ya it filters out many annoying noices.
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kandip wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

Well I donno, but somehow it did work for me. I did get that clicking sounds in IE but after installing this filter, it suddently stopped. dunno how as im not a techy, but all i care is that it worked.

The other sound i could hear on the phone was songs that i played on the computer while using magicjack. and that stopped as well after using the filter.

The "clicking noise" referred to in this thread is actually a .wav file which exists in the default Windows sound scheme. It's "supposed" to be there, at least according to Mr. Gates and his friends in Redmond.

So there's no way a DSL filter could stop this sound, but it's good that you cleaned up whatever issues you were having with your DSL line, in any case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: