magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ plus with Verizon FIOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryPSU
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: MJ plus with Verizon FIOS Reply with quote

I just registered my new MJ plus on my computer, and selected the option to use my existing MJ account and phone number. I removed the USB connection from the computer, and connected the Ethernet cable from the MJ plus directly to my Verizon supplied Actiontec wireless modem/router. Then I connected in the USB to AC cable and a portable phone. Surprise. Everything worked fine - both incoming and outgoing calls. No router settings had to be adjusted. I shut down the power to the modem and MJ plus, waited a few minutes, and powered everything back up. Everything was still fine. Amazing. It's unusual for many tech items to work the first time without issue. I no longer need to have the computer powered up to use the MJ phone. I hope that everything continues to be OK, and that I didn't jinx myself by posting this. Smile
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

kos99ngel
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also running Verizon FIOS I don't have the magicJack plus. I have the magicJack running on HP Thin Client. Actually when I upgraded from Verizon DSL to Verizon FIOS I notice a better call quality with FIOS...... 3 years and I haven't had any issues.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GaryPSU
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I am also running Verizon FIOS I don't have the magicJack plus. I have the magicJack running on HP Thin Client. Actually when I upgraded from Verizon DSL to Verizon FIOS I notice a better call quality with FIOS...... 3 years and I haven't had any issues
Quote:

I considered using the thin client before I purchased the MJ+, but my wife of 42 years may have thrown me out if I were to add one more item of electronics in our family room.
kos99ngel
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GaryPSU"]
Quote:
I am also running Verizon FIOS I don't have the magicJack plus. I have the magicJack running on HP Thin Client. Actually when I upgraded from Verizon DSL to Verizon FIOS I notice a better call quality with FIOS...... 3 years and I haven't had any issues
Quote:

I considered using the thin client before I purchased the MJ+, but my wife of 42 years may have thrown me out if I were to add one more item of electronics in our family room.

I hope the MJ Plus works good for you...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kos99ngel
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GaryPSU"]
Quote:
I am also running Verizon FIOS I don't have the magicJack plus. I have the magicJack running on HP Thin Client. Actually when I upgraded from Verizon DSL to Verizon FIOS I notice a better call quality with FIOS...... 3 years and I haven't had any issues
Quote:

I hope the MJ Plus works good for you...........
GaryPSU
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: MJ plus with Verizon Reply with quote

My MJ plus setup works fine, and I'm still in the house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: