magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ plus stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisymay
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: MJ plus stopped working Reply with quote

Hi, I have had MJ plus about a year now. It is being used with a computer. About 3 days ago, it just stopped working. There is no dial tone. I can't call out. It will ring when someone calls, but it is dead when I answer. It does show who is calling on the screen. I did uninstalling and installing again. Any help? Thanks!!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have another PC you can try it on? If the problem follows the MJ on the other PC, it sounds like you MJ has died. However if it does work on another PC without problems, obviously there is something on yours the MJ does not like. Have you installed any new software recently? Updates? Also did you try plugging the MJ into your router? This way it bypasses your PC and anything on it which could be causing your MJ problems.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: MJ plus stopped working Reply with quote

sisymay wrote:
Hi, I have had MJ plus about a year now. It is being used with a computer. About 3 days ago, it just stopped working. There is no dial tone. I can't call out. It will ring when someone calls, but it is dead when I answer. It does show who is calling on the screen. I did uninstalling and installing again. Any help? Thanks!!
It's been a year... Log in to check your online subscription at my.magicjack.com. Has your magicJack been renewed? Is it possible the subscription has lapsed?

While you're logged-in, from the "Call Features" tab, pull down to "Voicemail On/Off/Delay". Set the delay for your device to at least 45 seconds. If it's already set higher, there may be something else going on.

Another test possibility too is to connect the magicJack directly with ethernet and see if it works as designed, in standalone mode.

Also try it with Ethernet or connected to your laptop at a friends house.

Not to imply that you're doing so, but if you're leeching an unsuspecting neighbor's wifi without their permission, it's also possible they may have blocked magicJack traffic on their router to 'sour the milk' so you'll get your own connection.

If you're still subscribed, one of these alternatives should work. If you're no longer subscribed, you may be able to renew the device on my.magicjack.com, but I'm not sure about this. Others may have experience with this. If not, you'll have to buy a new device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: