magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ+ and Comcast internet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krieg
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: MJ+ and Comcast internet? Reply with quote

Can I use my MJ+ with Comcast Internet cable. My AT&T connection sux here, every time it rains, I lose connection. Thinking about making the move to Comcast Internet, it's only $6 more a month for the cable. Cable speed is far superior to my DSL connection too.
I searched, but found nothing on this, so if I missed something, please forgive me.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Comcast with the regular MJ for about 1.5 years with no issues.

I did recently see a post on a forum for another VOIP product that mentioned the possibility that Comcast's "traffic shaping" activity was interfering with their call quality. If I remember I don't think there was much support for the idea.
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ krieg,

you can go ahead and use Comcast as your ISP when using your MJ plus. MJ is compatible with that connection.
krieg
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much guys!
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comcast works for me on both my MJ plugged into the computer and my MJ+ plugged into my router. Although they do need some competition.
ArubaBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the standard MagicJack for the past 3 years 9 months with Comcast's ECONO-Cable which is presently $29.95 month.

The new MagicJack Plus also runs nicely with Comcast.

Semper Fi
Bob
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: