magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicTalk Screen

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Now does this mean EVERYONE who has the MT screen makes it a usb issue? Probably not but so far everyone I have seen it was..
Of course Y.M.M.V.

I guess since technically I have to re-install the dongle, that makes it some kind of a USB issue. I have a powered hub, so not sure, and it doesn't bother me too much anyways. But certainly if USB is the problem that stupid cable is only going to make it worse.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Now does this mean EVERYONE who has the MT screen makes it a usb issue? Probably not but so far everyone I have seen it was..
Of course Y.M.M.V.

I guess since technically I have to re-install the dongle, that makes it some kind of a USB issue. I have a powered hub, so not sure, and it doesn't bother me too much anyways. But certainly if USB is the problem that stupid cable is only going to make it worse.

Dont forget the more and more you plug and unplug the MJ the larger the risk of it breaking.. It is not exactly the most sturdy device made..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolverine7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Magic Talk Reply with quote

I have Magic Jack and am tired of it not working all the time, I went two days without getting any calls. Come to find out a friend had been trying to call all that time and could never get through. I tried calling that phone using my skype and it wouldn't go through, but I could use that phone and call out.

Has Magic Talk got all the bugs out without any windows poping up and how does it work if it does not use the jack, does it use a headset instead of a phone???
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Talk Reply with quote

wolverine7 wrote:
I have Magic Jack and am tired of it not working all the time, I went two days without getting any calls. Come to find out a friend had been trying to call all that time and could never get through. I tried calling that phone using my skype and it wouldn't go through, but I could use that phone and call out.

Has Magic Talk got all the bugs out without any windows poping up and how does it work if it does not use the jack, does it use a headset instead of a phone???

I signed up for a free account with mT but haven't used it much. The software looks just like the mJ software, so I suspect it exhibits similar behavior. It's in Beta so I doubt "all the bugs" have been worked out. You can use any windows sound device for your audio, so USB headset, speaker/mic jack headset, USB phone, etc.

I believe their are a few solutions to the software popping up, just search the forum. Or you could run your mJ on a different computer. I use an old Pentium 3 IBM Thinkpad that I got free (because it was so old) for mine, that way it doesn't interfere with me on my main computer.

Dave
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Talk Reply with quote

wolverine7 wrote:

As a troubled MagicJack user, you really could have answered this question on your own. MagicJack has been around for what, 4..5 years, I really don't know. BUT, in that amount of time, they haven't gotten all the bugs out of MJ. What in your MJ experience gives you any reason to think it won't take that long, if ever, for them to make MagicTalk bug free?
DocLove
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: LATEST MagicTALK issue: Feb 2011 Reply with quote

The ONLY way I can bring MagicJACK back is after MagicTALK takes over the screen/window is to unplug the MagicJACK USB from my computer (without shutting down the MagicTALK first) then plugging the MagicJACK back in. So far this has worked for me.

I have Windows 7 Home Premier ( 64 version ) on a Dell I5 .
NateBlack972
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic talk banner Reply with quote

fitter108 wrote:
Has anyone on here actually got rid of the banner and if so how?

I have Windows 7, 64-bit, and use a powered USB hub. I got the Magictalk banner after the power went out and I rebooted. I tried MJ Live Chat support, but got disconnected after a half hour last night. They had me unplug the dongle, ctrl+alt=delete to kill the process, uninstall Magicjack from control panel, download and run http://www.nexcopy.com/downloads/USBScrub.zipdownload and run
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9645377then reinstall from un "upgrade" link http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe
That didn't work, but it got me started. I unplugged the dongle, killed the process, uninstalled the program, then manually deleted the entries in the AppData, Roaming, mjusbsp folder. I discovered that the USBScrub program isn't compatible with Windows 7, so I tried using CC cleaner and cleaned the registry (also cleaned temporary internet files), then unplugged the powered USB hub, restarted the PC, reinstalled MagicJack from the upgrade link, plugged back in the powered USB hub with the MJ dongle, then clicked on the icon to launch MagicJack. The softphone loaded showing MagicJack just like the good old days, and the MagicTalk screen was finally gone. Good luck ... hope this helps somebody else.
Co-Solver
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateBlack972 wrote:
fitter108 wrote:
Has anyone on here actually got rid of the banner and if so how?

I have Windows 7, 64-bit, and use a powered USB hub. I got the Magictalk banner after the power went out and I rebooted. I tried MJ Live Chat support, but got disconnected after a half hour last night. They had me unplug the dongle, ctrl+alt=delete to kill the process, uninstall Magicjack from control panel, download and run http://www.nexcopy.com/downloads/USBScrub.zipdownload and run
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9645377then reinstall from un "upgrade" link http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe
That didn't work, but it got me started. I unplugged the dongle, killed the process, uninstalled the program, then manually deleted the entries in the AppData, Roaming, mjusbsp folder. I discovered that the USBScrub program isn't compatible with Windows 7, so I tried using CC cleaner and cleaned the registry (also cleaned temporary internet files), then unplugged the powered USB hub, restarted the PC, reinstalled MagicJack from the upgrade link, plugged back in the powered USB hub with the MJ dongle, then clicked on the icon to launch MagicJack. The softphone loaded showing MagicJack just like the good old days, and the MagicTalk screen was finally gone. Good luck ... hope this helps somebody else.

First off, I want to thank this poster and all the others on here for all the help!!!

I had problems getting MagicJack to work initially last year when I bought one [on-line with Techies nearly 24 hours straight ...(yeah, I feel your pain for some on here who posted that they thought the tech system merely hung up on them)...and I did my very best to stay civil while repeating my story umpteen times and having them tell me to do the same thing that did not work last time over and over and over ad infinitum...Oh wait, ?!?!?....a higher up techie will take my call--all right, some action finally Laughing .....oops, I dropped that customer Shocked ..too bad so sad...oh well, they will probably realize they are waiting for no one and call back in 20 minutes or so Rolling Eyes...]!!! I told my sad tale over and over and over...so I feel everyone's frustration. (Finally, I think someone had me link to an update at MJ that made it work finally for me, so PLEASE check for updates even if you are new to MJ!!!!!--apparently one had just come out close to my purchase and sign up on-line...)

On the positive side, MJ works very well for me in rural America�I can hear others well and they can hear me fine�no noisiness on the line either�(I use computer microphone and my headphones from my speakers as my phone did not work with it).

So....to make a long story longer�.when MagicTalk was now keeping my MJ from starting at all ...Grrrrr Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil ...was all I could think!!!!

I read all of the posts here and .....

Here is what worked for me and so far I DO NOT see that MagicTalk thingy now at all and MJ still retains other ads or update notices or whatever and it works just fine.
..I would suggest you make sure you have a System Restore point close to when you start to do these things or put one in there just in case...

I have an older computer (a veritable dinosaur in the world of computers, so there is hope for you if yours is older too) and Windows XP...

I initially tried using CCleaner only on my Registry items, but that did not seem to work for me, so I did all of the above steps (THANK YOU Nateblack972) "They had me unplug the dongle, ctrl+alt=delete to kill the process, uninstall Magicjack from control panel, download and run http://www.nexcopy.com/downloads/USBScrub.zipdownload and run
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9645377then reinstall from un "upgrade" link http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe" except I did not do the Microsoft 9645377 [but I believe I already did what this does or whatever in my 'puter system a while back, so I did not need to do that....] I believe the nexcopy download helped me immensely...it cleans up your USB ports--your devices will get "recognized" as new when you first plug them in, but not to worry==they will work ok and seem much cleaner to run now).

I also did go into Start-Control Panel-Network and Internet Connections-Internet Optons--(mine is set to medium-high range and I left it there about accepting cookies}-Security-then I put "reg.talkfree.com" in my Restricted sites folder....then close and ok...

WELLA.. so far so good Cool ..no more Magictalk screen and my MJ is back purring along like a kitten...[Purr-haps the above paragraph here is all one really has to do, but I don't know...]...GOOD LUCK TO ALL...

Hope this helps someone else... Wink

THANKS to all posters here!!! Very Happy
(If this doesn't keep working for me, I will probably be back here to see what ELSE I can try...)

Co-Solver

PS--to protect your Magicjack (and other connected things with USB), always use that "Safely remove hardware icon" that should be at the bottom in your taskbar (if it is not, Google it and there will be instructions on what to do if not)... I find it always for me says I cannot shut it down as it is being used...Just use keys control-alternate-delete to bring up Windows Task Manager window--go under "Processes" (all I can find is magicjack.exe in there now and click on it to highlight, then go down to the bottom and click "end process" then go back to Safely Remove hardware icon and click in there and stop the processes).
Co-Solver
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOps...I meant to say under restricted zone (my post above) : reg.talk4free.com.... BUT, I am not sure this keeps working anyway... Rolling Eyes [Maybe I should try going back to post by Kevin1211 Sep 15, 2010 and do the steps exactly as noted from MJ agent...just not wild about having to accept all cookies for a few hours or whatever etc.]. I have done so many things I am not sure exactly WHAT works...all I know is that dreaded Magictalk screen seems to periodically pop up and hang up my MagicJack, even after I think I have it solved for several starts and then...Aargh!!!!there it seems to be again...

When I try several things and eventually get MJ to work again I dunno what works on it any more Question Just when I want to use MJ the most is when it seems to hang up on that Magictalk beta popup thing...I close that and see the softphone, but it won't load contacts or anything--just sits there... Once I finally got the MJ to work after being with customer service for hours on end, it worked fine before that Magictalk screen started coming up (I could even hear fine and so could the person I called--I use a headset with my speakers and microphone). I don't know why that MagicTalk thing has to keep coming up--a little ad on the side of the softphone would be fine, but this screen holds the whole thing up. I don't want to register for more things if what I already have doesn't work...

My renewal is up soon...not sure a few free minutes is really worth all this hassle... And now I can't call several numbers anyway due to no 'interconnect' agreements or whatever... Mad so now I never know what number I try to call next won't go through too...

Co-Solver
fotero
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Put MJ in new PC and the problem started. After several hours with techs I ended up with some strange phone number and could not get my old number back - techs kept passing me around.

Then the big mistake. I paid the 10.00 for Majic Talk and all the sudden my old number is back and MJ works like it did before.

MJ will not refund my 10.00 - I have no use for MT and downloaded to see if it would fix the problem.

I will not renew MJ, due this month, and will make it my mission to make sure none of my many international friends ever buy it.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotero wrote:

I will not renew MJ, due this month, and will make it my mission to make sure none of my many international friends ever buy it.

Good luck on your crusade.
I am on a personal mission to dissuade all my friends and acquaintances to stop using dihydrogen monoxide which has been scientifically proven to be a dangerous solvent.

Hope you are more convincing than I... Rolling Eyes
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
fotero wrote:

Good luck on your crusade.
I am on a personal mission to dissuade all my friends and acquaintances to stop using dihydrogen monoxide which has been scientifically proven to be a dangerous solvent.

Hope you are more convincing than I... Rolling Eyes

You don't have to convince me! Dihydrogen monoxide can be very dangerous.

-It's a major component of acid rain.
-It has been linked to causing structural failure of the rivets and plates aboard the Titanic.
-Blamed for causing asphyxiation of swimmers in both urban and rural waterways.
-Has been found in all cancerous tumors, according to laboratory analysis.
-Has made vast areas of the southern hemisphere unfit for traditional methods of building construction, due to its instability and prevalence.
-In its gaseous form, has caused severe skin burns to people.
-Is vented in large quantities by nuclear power plants, virtually unregulated.
-Leading cause of erosion to national parks and monuments.
-Has been detected in human urine and tears.
-This same substance, which is used by car washes around the globe, is easily inhaled, and finds its way into the nation's waterways. Ultimately, it ends up being sprayed on our food supply crops through irrigation practices.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep to much water can be a bitch Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Co-Solver
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...now I am back to doing this from kevin1211
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Got a fix here that worked for me, got it from a magicjack agent...

1. Click the "Start" button then "Settings" then "Control Panel" then go to "Internet Options", under "Privacy" tab, slide the bar down to "Accept all cookies". Under "Security" tab, click on "Trusted Sites" then click the "Sites" button.

2. Un-check the box at the bottom left of the window that says "Require Server Verification".

3. Type the following address into the text bar, reg.talk4free.com then click the "Add" button, and also type in the following address, my.magicJack.com and click "Add" then "Close" then "OK".

4. Unplug the magic jack and plug it back into a different usb port after 20 seconds

Only thing is you may have to accept all coofies for a while. A few hours is what she told me.

I did the above steps, but find that the MT screen still comes up--I just make sure to use my MJ icon on the desktop first, which brings up the MT screen, then plug in my MJ dongle and the MT screen then disappears--It doesn't get rid of the screen, but it DOES make the softphone at least WORK vs. just hang there if I click on the MJ icon on the desktop first.... You can put cookies back into whatever zone you want after a bit I think, as mine have some restriction. This has consistently worked several times now.

I DID talk to customer service for several hours one afternoon--about this problem and about the numbers I can no longer call (small communities)--with no interconnect agreements... I copied down the chats and put them on there the next time they passed me on to someone else and that seemed to cut down on them offering the same solutions over and over and over, but they ended up saying someone from engineering or whatever would "email me" and they certainly acted like they never heard of the "interconnection agreement" problems Exclamation Question Exclamation. They also assured me the MT screen problem would be resolved for me...ha ha ha ...not so...I still have to make sure to click the desktop icon and then plug in the dongle thingy like before I called customer service. I again was pretty sure they just hang up (and I was nothing but polite over and over and over)--finally I asked them not to hang up and the last one I said bye now to over and over as I guess they did not want me to think they hung up like some others Smile

I DID renew as I can still call the long distance number I call the most, but I hope they fix the numbers we can no longer call. Rolling Eyes It isn't much of a second line for me any more as the local area I am in I cannot call any more and there are no MJ numbers available in that area either.

No email from engineering either...surprise surprise Shocked I am not holding my breath on that one.

[I DID manage to find a phone that works when I plug it into the dongle...It is a simple corded GE phone model number 29255GC2-C--Make sure you DO go up under MENU on your splash screen and under Volume/headset control make sure you mark "telephone" too... Smile ]

Co-Solver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: