magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAGICTALK FREE...my AZZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: MAGICTALK FREE...my AZZ Reply with quote

Surprise, Surprise!!

Dan has mislead us again...

Magictalk is totally bogus. DID and outbound calls cost $19.95

Here is the info from their FAQ...

"A Free magicTalk Number, ex: *000000000*
Has ten digits, just like traditional landline and cell phone numbers, but a Free magicTalk Number always begins with a star (*) and ends with another star (*).

Provides FREE local and International calls to and from all magicTalk and magicJack users.

Provides incoming phone service from landline and cell phones (see note below)

Does NOT provide outgoing phone service to landline and cell phones (*Limited Time Offer: FREE UNTIL Jan. 1, 2011)

Does NOT provide any form of 911 service

NOTE: To call a free magicTalk Number from a cell phone or land line, one must first dial the free access number: 305-848-TALK (305-848-8255) and then they dial your magicTalk number: 0000000000

If you want to place outgoing calls to landlines and cell phones (non-magicTalk numbers), simply upgrade your free Basic membership to a Preferred Membership (includes U.S. Phone Number) for only $19.95 per year. Canadian phone numbers are available for an additional $10.00 per year."
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh.
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically a magicjack without the USB dongle. If you opt for $19.95 you will get a US number instead of the 10 digit *0000000000*
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sheesh

Yeah, what he said.

I just had an extended conversation last night with my sister using Skype. She may be the least technical person I know, but she has it set up on a laptop and both video and audio worked absolutely flawlessly.

What's the incentive to use Magic Talk?
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious! MagicTalk is a total bust, who would waste their time with incoming only.

Anyone with half a brain will see this as a total joke and just use Google voice via gmail.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's the incentive to use Magic Talk?

I have tried to figure that out without much success. Apparently, other people have the same problem.
Confused
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's often referred to as "The Boss'es Idea". When you're surrounded by sycophants and yes-men, it's impossible to get a true picture of reality.
Magicjacktechsupport
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you serious! MagicTalk is a total bust, who would waste their time with incoming only.

Anyone with half a brain will see this as a total joke and just use Google voice via gmail.

buddy you can make calls to any US and Canadian number for free till 1st Jan and after that you will have to upgrade your basis plan to a premium plan. You will have to go through the registration process and same options like Vanity , Canadian numbers options will be available during registration . They will ask you to pay $19.95 for one year service .
bmh67wa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's October of the following year now and MagicTalk still allows outbound calls. It doesn't say how long this will last but I don't care since it's their dime!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: