magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack won't connect at all - internet is working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayidii
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Magicjack won't connect at all - internet is working Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently got a magicjack, and I plugged it in, but it won't download at all. Tells me "magcJack cannot access the internet. Please click here to access magicfix."

Clicking takes me to the website, and it won't load.

The site used to work for me a few days ago, but ever since I got the magicjack and plugged it in, the site itself stopped working completely.

So now the site won't open at all, I tried deleting cookies, resetting LAN, but it still doesn't work.

Any solutions?

Thanks.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

dfhawk
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your isp may be blocking magicjack

open a dos window and try the following commands:

ping magicjack.com

then:

tracert magicjack.com

post the results and someone should be able to help you. if your lucky they are only blocking DNS and you can just change name servers, if not they are also blocking ip's and you will be out of luck
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What country are you in? There are certain countries blocking MJ.
sayidii
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: rebly Reply with quote

I am in SAUDI ARABIA.
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A review of other posts on this site leads me to believe that several middle eastern countries block VOIP. Saudi Arabia may be one of them.

For a possible solution, you'll need a virtual private network (VPN). See this thread: http://phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-at-uae-t10076.html

Use your favorite search engine and look for "vpn" to learn more about it. To find a vpn provider, search for "free vpn". The not-so-nice sounding site http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/ offers a paid vpn service.

I've not used any VPN so I cannot offer any recommendations. Good luck.
sayidii
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: thnk Reply with quote

thnk u brothers, i said I have been visiting the website of MagicJack in this area Suadi Arabia. (www.magicjack.com), but these day I can't access through it, that is the problem, Thank you brothers
Winn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Unable to use Magic Jack in Nicaragua Reply with quote

Here is what I see when I try to ping Magic Jack .... I know that they use MJ in Nicaragua as I've just met someone who has internet, is living in a very remote fishing village and uses MJ just fine. I'm at a hotel in Granada and no luck !!

------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\winn>ping magicjack.com

Pinging magicjack.com [67.192.83.142] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 67.192.83.142:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\winn>tracert magicjack.com

Tracing route to magicjack.com [67.192.83.142]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 *

If anyone is able to offer me some support I'd appreciate this. At this time I'm on an unsecured connection ... the same thing happens on their secure connection.

Thanks
bullgoose
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: What version of IE are you using?? Reply with quote

IE9 RC will break MJ. I just uninstalled it and all is working again. Very Happy
Winn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: I can now use my Magic Jack Reply with quote

After speaking with the support people at Magic Jack they advised me that the hotel's firewall was blocking me. So, I requested their computer guy to open some specific ports and I was then able to make some calls.

But the problem I know have is the static and cutting up on many calls.

Winn
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using a hotel's router, there could be many other people on that connection. The audio will suffer. I've had problems at hotels in the evening (the MJ is basically useless), yet in the morning when few are using their computers, the MJ works fine. If you can, try to make your calls in the morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: