magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack + Time Warner Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Magicjack + Time Warner Cable Reply with quote

We've owned a MagicJack since last year.

The service had been reliable for us when we were using a DSL connection.

A few months ago we changed over to Time Warner for internet access. We hadn't used the MJ since we switched over.

MJ is totally unuseable for us now and I suspect it might have something to do with Time Warner. No way to prove it so far.

When attempting to make a call many times the call doesn't go through. There is tons of crackling noise starting at the point where a call is started. In the rare instance that a call goes through the crackling is throughout and within 30 seconds MJ puts the call ON HOLD itself.

This has been going on for several weeks.

Prior to this - still with Time Warner - we were experiencing random call drops as well as the keytone presses others have discussed.

I am a technologically proficient person - our network is fast and functional - but unsure about Time Warner and if they are filtering or causing the issue.

Anyone using Time Warner Cable with MagicJack?

Anyone having the same laundry list of problems we are?

Thanks!

PS: I should note our connection speed is 10Mbit+ download and 768k upload.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them as well but do not have the problems you describe. I'm using roadrunner lite with 747kbps download and 123kbps upload. I surf the web and use MJ at the same time without any problems. Give some more details about your setup so people can help give you the best advice possible. Also start with going to the MJ wiki and try some of the fixes for call problems there.
Magicjackernc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Time Warner Cable as well and have no issues with them. (other than the prices they charge for their services)
CharlieRC
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem here with Time Warner.
rbelk
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with my Comcast(Time Warner) setup either.
JoelIrwin
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not your imagination - I get both of the problems you described. I actually posted the issue about being put on hold here a week or so back. I have had two issues -- though non of them recently (in the last week):

1. it spontaneously puts the call on hold and I have to click the appropriate place in the mj window to get the call back
2. it gets stuck when I try to disconnect / hang up and I have to be reboot the PC to clear it resulting in total MJ erasure followed by the eternal not connected red screen (which I fix by manually deleting all the MJ software on the C drive and the associated registry entries) -- g-d forbid there should be an uninstall entry like every other normal piece of software (lol).

The ongoing problem is the crackling but I can't blame that on Comcast because it happens just on my desktop but not on my laptop. Now they both have identical OSs with updates and almost the same software. But I suspect there has to be a difference between the two - have not yet figured it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: