magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack start-up "USB device not found"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> MagicJack FAQs (Read this First)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: MagicJack start-up "USB device not found" Reply with quote

This could be due to a faulty cable, not enough power to the USB or a botched install or upgrade.

First plug the MJ adapter directly into a USB port on your computer, no cable or hub should be inbetween the adapter and computer.

If that does not work try these other options

Uninstall the magicJack first from your computer using the magicjack uninstaller found here
http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe

Then replug the magicjack and install as usual

Try upgrading the magicjack software on your PC using the following link:
http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

Try other USB ports on your computer

Try using a powered USB hub
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

sammyyummy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: MJ not recognized Reply with quote

Hi.
This is exactly my problem.
I have wasted several hours on the online support and nothing.

I have been using my MJ for a few months without a hitch. Then all of a sudden, I plug it in my mac and it doesnt show - its not recognized. I plugged it directly to other usb ports and still nothing. I did the upgrade and still nothing.

I find it suspicious that when this happened , the Magictalk program was all over the place. When I upgraded and the phone pad comes up it says: please connect to the internet..double click here." MY firewall is not activated at all. When i click the pane above the keypad, i go to the registration of magictalk. Its always magictalk registration.

Whats wrong?
Goatboss
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm am having the exact same problem. It started when I switched to a new computer. I've wasted over 6 hours going in circles with live tech. Every time I bring up MagicTalk being the problem they ignore it and the session shortly mysteriously ends. I'm art wits end. I've used two years of a 5 year Magicjack subscription and it has worked perfectly till this MajicTalk crap. Now I can't access my Majicjack number to make or receive calls. I am using a new top line Sony Vaio running windows 7 home premium. Non of their "fixes" have worked. one tech did tell me that once a MagicTalk account id established they can't delete it. Sounds like crap to me. Does anyone have any ideas?
halibut
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: similar problem more detail Reply with quote

Let's hope someone from MagicJack is reading this. I'm having roughly same problem, and I'll spell out the symptoms as carefully as I can in the hope it will provide clues.

Specifically. I didn't actually try MagicTalk,which I'm not interested in, but each time the invitation came up I didn't know how to knock it down. (The message is ambiguous). I'd safely remove the dongle, reinsert it and all would be fine.

On day about a month ago, I clicked on what I thought might drop the MagicTalk advert. window, and that's when the trouble started.

Now calls placed from the MagicJack are clear in both directions. But in the case of calls made to the MJ user, the person placing the call gets a clear signal from me, but I get much static in listening to the caller.

I moved the MJ to a different machine and got the same results.

What is even more pecuiliar, is that calls from the outside to my voicemail similarly have static even in the case my when computer and MJ are not even on.

In case someone from MJ wishes to contact me my MJ number is Eight Five Zero 364-0874 .
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: similar problem more detail Reply with quote

halibut wrote:

In case someone from MJ wishes to contact me my MJ number is Eight Five Zero 364-0874 .

If someone from MagicJack actually calls you, please post it on here, because it will be official, Hell would have frozen over and I need to buy some warmer clothes.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he missed the "UNOFFICIAL" moniker up top...
Hopefully he got a dictionary for fathers day...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> MagicJack FAQs (Read this First) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: