magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack software will not auto-start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donnybb
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: MagicJack software will not auto-start Reply with quote

I just got a thin client designed to be used with MJ. It works well in every way except that when I reboot the TC, the MJ software does not start. If I unplug the MJ, then plug it back in it starts and runs just fine. I have tried all the USB connections and they all do the same thing. Any ideas?
Should I put a shortcut into the startup folder?
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if it doesn't detect the MJ automatically, put the path in your Startup. Also don't use the cheap USB extension cable that came with your dongle. It can cause problems.
gpsuf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsmith wrote:
Yes, if it doesn't detect the MJ automatically, put the path in your Startup. Also don't use the cheap USB extension cable that came with your dongle. It can cause problems.

I am not sure it will work. The reason is that MJ is not detected so running the software will eventually ask you to insert the MJ. Once the MJ is unplugged and plugged, the software will run successfully.

I tried to connect the MJ directly to both front USB ports on my thin client T5720 and it is not recognized a few times when the TC reboots.

Does anyone have a better solution? Or is there any way to detect MJ is not running and send alert email?

Thank you.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsmith is correct what he is saying!, Im glad my MJ is'nt in Startup. When i want it on i click the MJ icon. Once i do that my MagicFeatures task bar icon will go from black to orange and then when i make a call it will goto green and do it's thing. BTW as far as MagicjackFeatures goes it runs flawless on Vista 32 but i know a friend running it on Win 7 and it 93% works but for Vista 32 it gets a big 99.9999999%
KMNugent52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copied from MagicJack Knoweldgbase:
Begin copy

magicjack should startup automatically when you start your computer.

Always make sure that the magicJack is properly attached to your computer. You can also unplug your magicJack and plug it back into a different USB port and restart your computer.

If the issue still persists, please follow these steps to resolve it:

WINDOWS VISTA USERS:

Please go to C:>Documents and Settings>Users>Application Data>Roaming> mjusbsp> in00000.
Copy the file named setup and close that folder.
Click the Start button, click All Programs, right click the Startup folder, and choose open all users Paste the setup file into that folder.
Your magicJack will now start on bootup.
WINDOWS XP USERS:

Please go to control panel, click folder options, click the tab named view, check View hidden files and folders, click apply, click OK, and close control panel.
Go to C:>documents and settings>[your name]> Application Data> mjusbsp> in00000.
Copy the file named setup and close that folder.
Click the Start button, click All Programs, right click the startup folder, and choose open all users and paste the setup file into that folder.
Your magicJack will now start on bootup.

End copy.

HTH -Kevin N.
gpsuf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I copied setup.exe to StartUp folder and then rebooted the thin client for a few times and it worked every time so far. Will keep watching it.

Thank you for that information.
Baja Boojum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suggestions above are best, but here's an alternative: When I had the same problem on my old Vista computer I created a Scheduled Task to start the mj setup program every time the computer started. It worked very well. Perhaps one advantage to this option as a backup is if the mj doesn't start right up, tasks will do it, especially if you put in a minute or so delay in the task.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: