magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicjack plus 2014 new promo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackmack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: magicjack plus 2014 new promo Reply with quote

hi, there is a current promo for half the price and first --- 6 --- months are free !!!!

is this a trick? isn't the first year already included? what happens after first 6 months? do they ask to renew subscription by paying for a whole year?

thanks
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the specific offer price and where/how did you receive the offer?
jackmack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it appeared on the magicjack software (the 2012 magicjack plus). i also received an email.

basically, 48-hour sale $29.95

but if you only get 6 months, it is just playing trick with words. you will have to pay for the second 6 months ($15)

btw, i also got the 2012 mj+ the same way.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it seems to me you've already answered your own questions. Read elsewhere here in this forum for further details.
jackmack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant to say that i got mj+ 2012 the same way (through a promo) but it was a full year subscription
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know.

The company has decided to start offering new MJ+'s with only 6 months' of service but at $15 less than they otherwise would charge for it. If the new device is to have its own number, at the end of the initial 6 months renewals are the usual $30/year or $100/5 years.
rdlsmith
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was getting an "extra" six months but here's what the FAQ says about it.

Please Note: If you transfer the time remaining on your current device to the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS, you forfeit the FREE 6 months that are included with the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdlsmith wrote:
I thought I was getting an "extra" six months but here's what the FAQ says about it.

Please Note: If you transfer the time remaining on your current device to the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS, you forfeit the FREE 6 months that are included with the NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS

Yeah. Essentially, whether or not you get the 6 months' of service with the $30 new device fee depends on a)whether or not you order it as an "upgrade" from your current MJ device, and if so, b) how much time you have left on your current subscription. It's a slightly better upgrade deal than the "upgrade" offer was on the original MJ+.

NOTE: "Upgrade" herein means that you order the new device to REPLACE your current device; when you order the new device as an "upgrade" MJ DEACTIVATES the device that the new one is to replace and EITHER a)gives you the 6 months' of service - but only if you have less than 6 months remaining on your current subscription term (that "left-over" time then gets trashed), OR b) transfers the remaining time left on your current subscription - if you have MORE than 6 months remaining.

IF instead you simply purchase the new device NOT as an "upgrade" then of course it gets its own new phone number and you get the 6 months' of service on THAT number.

I know it may sound a little confusing, but it actually makes sense given that your getting the new device for only $30.
jackmack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the actual value is $45

$30 for device + 6 months free
15$ for another 6 months
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value is $45 if your situation is such that you can actually receive and make use of the 6 months of service, $30 if you can't.

Just keep in mind that the $30 offer probably really IS time-limited.

But I don't really see where it's worth it to "upgrade" to the new MJ+ device if you already have the "original" MJ+ and don't need *another* such device. But who knows, maybe there's some advantage to the "average" user that I'm not aware of.
rdlsmith
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that you must use the link in the email to get that $30 price. If you sign in to your account and order that way it's over $50 with tax or fees or some such.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS! Just realized that the actual value of the $30 new-device deal for current subscribers is *$50* if you can make use of the 6 months of service, $35 if you can't - a little better than I originally thought.

My bad... Wink
greenman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest skinny, direct from MJ support chat as shown in another thread. Read SteveHC's response immediately after as well.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post82579.html#82579
boblx2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: New Magic Jack Plus 2014 Reply with quote

Just received the package it was fairly impressive.

I installed and registered it, removed my old MJ plus and plugged in the new one and I was calling within 5 minutes. I called my neighbor who I talk to frequently and has been always complaining about my MJ breaking up, etc. He reports that the voice quality is now excellent and I did no hear him breaking up either. So far I am impressed.

I have never had to do service with MJ so cannot comment on it only to hope I never have to. Smile
randyz48
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: magicjack plus 2014 new promo Reply with quote

jackmack wrote:
hi, there is a current promo for half the price and first --- 6 --- months are free !!!!

is this a trick? isn't the first year already included? what happens after first 6 months? do they ask to renew subscription by paying for a whole year?

thanks

no trick you buy the unit and get 6 months service free. i asked them this question and that is what i was told. i also asked about the year service they said no not with mj2014 you have to buy a years service if you want to use mj2014 beyond 6 months. so i ordered one extra year. i think it is a rip because they ad extra charges after all is done. i paid $74.22 USD for mj2014 and one extra year! they kept trying to sell me 5 more years of service and i had to tell them no several times. i am not happy with the mj2014 as it keeps stop working. i get recording mj is not in service at this time error 3002. i go and unplug it from the wall and modem for a minute and plug it back in then it works for several hours or a day then i get the recording again mj not in service error 3002. is there a tech number to call to have this checked out? i am disabled and need a phone to work in case i need to goto hospital. the last time i restarted mj2014 the lights on the mj are blinking the first is blue it stays on the second is red it blinks and the third is green and it blinks and that is when no one uses the phone. anyone know what the lights mean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: