magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magicjack not dialing out, incoming goes to MJ voicemail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traijan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Magicjack not dialing out, incoming goes to MJ voicemail Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got a magicjack plus and when I try to make an outgoing call it's like the phone isn't registering each key press on the dialpad.

I can see the numbers being accepted by the phone but it's like the MJ service is just ignoring it and I just continue to hear the phones dial tone.

When somebody calls my MJ+ number, it simply goes directly to magic jack voice mail.

This is the first time this has happened, it's been working for the past year with no problems.

Any clues what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks
Traijan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, even though I didn't get any clues from anybody on here I did eventually find out what the issue was...

It was simply that the Magic Jack supplied power adapter was going bad. I replaced it with one for my Logitech mouse (since they both supply the same amount of power via a USB plug) and it's been working as it should ever since.

I thought it strange that the power adapter could be causing this since I would think it's either going to supply the power (which the mj unit shows it's "on" so it's getting power) or not supply power but apparently this is what caused all my issues with Magic Jack unit.
mh1983
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad you found a solution. My wife and I just experienced the same issue with our MJ+; couldn't dial out and incoming calls went to VM. Like you, we replaced the PS and all is well again. Strange!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: