magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAGICJACK NO LONGER WORKS FOR ALL NUMBERS DIALED MUST READ
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lunarweblink
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: MAGICJACK NO LONGER WORKS FOR ALL NUMBERS DIALED MUST READ Reply with quote

BELLOW IS A CONVO BETWEEN MAGICJACK CHAT SUPPORT MUST READ


Euegene: Hello, how may I help you?

jens: we have been having some problems on call out and inbound calls to our magicjack number saying a message of to call a conference line or a platform please visit us at magicjack.com

Euegene: I'm sorry to learn about that, Jens.

Euegene: Is the correct magicJack phone number?

jens: yes

Euegene: Thank you. Are you trying to attend a conference call with your magicJack?

jens: no

jens: its the only number i call

Euegene: I will be right with you.

Euegene: Thank you for waiting.

Euegene: Jens, rest assured that there is nothing wrong with your magicJack. The charge is due to the interconnection agreement with other telephone companies with magicJack whether it will be you who will be calling them or they'll be the one whose calling you. However, in order to get you connected with the other party, you can just purchase the prepaid credit. Compared to being charge with your monthly bills you can save more money since the charge is 2 cents per minute.

jens: why would i have to purchase the pre paid credit when i already purchased a subscription to the magic jack service

jens: this dont make sence

Euegene: I understand you about that, Jens.

Euegene: magicJack is now being charged just 2 cents per minute.

Euegene: Some of the carriers now do not agree of free incoming calls to them, that is why magicJack was forced to have a new purchasing orders.

jens: rest assure u will be losing a lot of clients to this it would be cheaper for me to go to an unlimited plan with another voip provider charging me per min is bs

jens: sounds like false advertisement in your website of free calling

Euegene: I fully understand your concern, Jens.

Euegene: This only applies to certain carriers. We are still finalizing the list so that you will be informed. We are also trying to remove that agreement. We are trying our best to remove the charges.

Euegene: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

jens: no

Euegene: Thank you for your time, Jens. Have a great evening!

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Google
AdSense





PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks


Back to top
MoonGlow
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem it won't let me call my cable provider anymore Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 672
Location: South FL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it would be cheaper for me to go to an unlimited plan with another voip provider charging me per min is bs

Here you go. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gr8pop
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Conference line or platform??? Reply with quote

There are now 5 phone numbers on my list of numbers I used to be able to call using Magicjack, but can no longer call. Now, when I call those numbers, I get a recorded message from Magicjack stating:

"To call a conference line or a platform, please visit us at my.magicjack.com/prepaid to purchase prepaid minutes."

This ain't right !!! I'm not trying to call a "conference line" and I don't know what a "platform" is (in the context used in the recorded message), but I do know that it I used to be able to call these phone numbers using Magicjack.

What happened to the Magicjack claim "Never pay a phone bill again"???

Does anyone know of any class-action suits against Magicjack?
_________________
Truth to Power!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 782

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Conference line or platform??? Reply with quote

gr8pop wrote:
There are now 5 phone numbers on my list of numbers I used to be able to call using Magicjack, but can no longer call. Now, when I call those numbers, I get a recorded message from Magicjack stating:

"To call a conference line or a platform, please visit us at my.magicjack.com/prepaid to purchase prepaid minutes."

This ain't right !!! I'm not trying to call a "conference line" and I don't know what a "platform" is (in the context used in the recorded message), but I do know that it I used to be able to call these phone numbers using Magicjack.

What happened to the Magicjack claim "Never pay a phone bill again"???

Does anyone know of any class-action suits against Magicjack?


What's the area code and exchange of the numbers you cannot reach?
_________________
Good Luck

CrackerJack

MagicJack Customer #73
MagicJack user since May 2007
MagicJack abuser since June 2007
"I gots mo' numbers than a Lotto machine!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 27 Sep 2011
Posts: 191
Location: out of nowhere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try checking and reading the MJ's Terms of Service; www.magicJack.com/tos and refer to the section #4. What Is Free and What is Not:
_________________
Never UnderEstimate the Power of your Finger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
larrykkkbk
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICJACK NO LONGER WORKS FOR ALL NUMBERS DIALED MUST RE Reply with quote

lunarweblink wrote:
BELLOW IS A CONVO BETWEEN MAGICJACK CHAT SUPPORT MUST READ


Euegene: Hello, how may I help you?

jens: we have been having some problems on call out and inbound calls to our magicjack number saying a message of to call a conference line or a platform please visit us at magicjack.com

Euegene: I'm sorry to learn about that, Jens.

Euegene: Is the correct magicJack phone number?

jens: yes

Euegene: Thank you. Are you trying to attend a conference call with your magicJack?

jens: no

jens: its the only number i call

Euegene: I will be right with you.

Euegene: Thank you for waiting.

Euegene: Jens, rest assured that there is nothing wrong with your magicJack. The charge is due to the interconnection agreement with other telephone companies with magicJack whether it will be you who will be calling them or they'll be the one whose calling you. However, in order to get you connected with the other party, you can just purchase the prepaid credit. Compared to being charge with your monthly bills you can save more money since the charge is 2 cents per minute.

jens: why would i have to purchase the pre paid credit when i already purchased a subscription to the magic jack service

jens: this dont make sence

Euegene: I understand you about that, Jens.

Euegene: magicJack is now being charged just 2 cents per minute.

Euegene: Some of the carriers now do not agree of free incoming calls to them, that is why magicJack was forced to have a new purchasing orders.

jens: rest assure u will be losing a lot of clients to this it would be cheaper for me to go to an unlimited plan with another voip provider charging me per min is bs

jens: sounds like false advertisement in your website of free calling

Euegene: I fully understand your concern, Jens.

Euegene: This only applies to certain carriers. We are still finalizing the list so that you will be informed. We are also trying to remove that agreement. We are trying our best to remove the charges.

Euegene: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

jens: no

Euegene: Thank you for your time, Jens. Have a great evening!

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat


I am having the same problem. Here's what's wrong...It is only affecting ONE of the 8 or 10 prefixes in my area code, not all of them.
The 877 prefix (not the area code) is affected but the 620, 982, 246, 846, 977 are not affected... When I contact my local carrier (and they are a small carrier), they claim they have not changed any agreements with MJ and have had this problem reported by others.

Perhaps I'm stupid, but this seems to be an issue that someone flipped the wrong switch on a particular set of calls...it just doesn't make sense...

see my post... Message: Conference lines and platform above...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rockinmjuser
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black_icon wrote:
Try checking and reading the MJ's Terms of Service; www.magicJack.com/tos and refer to the section #4. What Is Free and What is Not:


That's actually false information. The terms of service was update right around the time this all started happening.

I called magic jack and asked them when they started doing this. Hung up and called back and asked when the TOS was last updated.

The dates are perfectly in sync. They didn't start doing this until after they had update TOS. I'll tell you right now. I have my MJ paid up to the end of 2012. If they want my continued service...they better release this Conference call crap right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
edmond4
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Rip Off, Product Changed Reply with quote

Shaun: I'm trying to figure out why I can't place a call
Shaun: I'm dialing into Montana
Shaun: ANd immediately I get an alert about prepaid calling

Liz: Thank you for waiting.
Shaun: sure
Liz: MagicJack completes calls to certain non-ILEC area calls, conference lines, and platforms in conjunction with large phone carriers and these calls require a prepaid purchase.
Shaun: Hmmm, it used to call to this phone number. How disappointing that it fails to work now.
Liz: I understand but please know that these rates are at a substantial discount to Verizon rates and the other largest carriers and are the wholesale rates of the largest carrier.
Shaun: But why would a rural land line in Montana, and another line in Price, Utah, not take the call?
Shaun: These need to be prepaid? Something seems wrong and not working right. The number to Montana used to work.
Liz: That goes only only to certain numbers that falls either to non-ILEC area calls, conference lines, and platforms..
Shaun: This should be a full year of unlimited calling within the US
Shaun: Okay, very disappointing then. It once worked, but now does not to these numbers.
Liz: We may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.
Shaun: Okay. Thank you for the information.
Liz: You're welcome, Shaun.
Shaun: Can I ask your manager why my phone once called to this number but now can't?
Liz: You will still get the same answer Shaun even if you will be transferred to our Manager.
Shaun: Ahaha. Okay. BUt what of your managers manager?
Shaun: Is there nobody who can tell me why long distance phone calls once worked, and now they do not?
Shaun: And this, to numbers that previously did accept my call
Liz: I will be right with you.
Shaun: Okay
Liz: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Liz: Thank you for waiting.
Shaun: sure
Shaun: Anything forthcoming?
Liz: I do suggest to visit our magicjack TOS section 4. What Is Free and What is Not: at www.magicjack.com/tos and
Liz: http:// www.magicjack.com/tos
Shaun: I just found this:
Shaun: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-no-longer-works-for-all-numbers-dialed-must-read-t12057.html
Liz: Okay
Liz: Please wait while I check that for you
Shaun: Others are having the same problem, the Terms of Service were changed, as some state, and I join others to feel I've been defrauded somewhat with "never make a long distance call again" and now I have crucial phone numbers that I once could call, but now can not
Liz: Thank you for waiting, but the link you provided is the forum from magicjack customers and you may visit the official magicjack website to check the TOS 4. What Is Free and What is Not:
Shaun: Okay, I'll warn others that MagicJack is not what it used to be, and they had better look at other options, it's not now as advertised with limitations on many calls one once would have been able to place.
Liz: I understand if that is your decision.
Liz: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Shaun: Nn, it sounds like you've done all you are capacitated to do in this situation. I hope those in management of your once magnificent product will get back on a road of creating value once again which I feel has been severely compromised.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tommathews1946
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Yup im getting same crap Reply with quote

Im looking for a posse to join trust me. EVERYONE NEEDS TO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: It's getting worse. Reply with quote

So now it's happening in an area code that's literally a 5 mile drive away from me. Magic Jack will not do anything except quote the party line.

They're getting worse and won't do anything to stop it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: It's getting worse. Reply with quote

Add area code 831 to the list.

I personally think customers should have an on-going list of area codes not available on Magic Jack so we know what we're dealing with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is such a list available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=12NaeRBrgWor0YAx1ladCXjpOayC2HZo2EW2XFIfgJvU

I have no idea whether it is up to date or still being maintained.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Who maintains this list?

Bill Smith wrote:
There is such a list available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=12NaeRBrgWor0YAx1ladCXjpOayC2HZo2EW2XFIfgJvU

I have no idea whether it is up to date or still being maintained.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peggy
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Anyone else want to sue magic jack? They are VERY misleading Reply with quote

You are now chatting with 'Jake'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554084477978X
Jake: Hello, how may I help you?
Peggy Wallace: What has been happening is today it says" to call a conference line or platform when I try my mom who is 3 miles away at 760.944.XXXX. I read the google search on this and it appears that there may be a problem - it works fine on my cell (760) 803-2641 no message comes on when I call. WHen I tried to get you all before I noted that the green light was blinking which it is doing periodically and you said you would send me a replacement. I want to know what gives here. Is all this stuff I read about on the internet true, there are blocked exchanges for which I will have to pay 2 cents a minute????????????
Jake: I see
Jake: If you hear that message you will need to purchase prepaid minutes.
Jake: Please go to my.magicjack.com/prepaid for more details.
Peggy Wallace: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-no-longer-works-for-all-numbers-dialed-must-read-t12057.html
Jake: magicJack completes calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls in conjunction with large phone carriers and these calls require a prepaid purchase. Please know that these rates are at a substantial discount to Verizon rates and the other largest carriers and are the wholesale rates of the largest carrier.
Peggy Wallace: you need to explain this to me. It is not free calling. I have heard about an FTC/class action - sadly for you I am an attorney. Run this up to your supervisor
Peggy Wallace: by the way, if they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Jake: Terms of Service section 4. What Is Free and What is Not:
Jake: We may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier. We may provide for a fee, premium prepaid services, which may be powered by YMAX Communications Corp. (YMAX), and may include some inbound, international, conference, platform and outbound calls that receive a recording and certain calls to non-ILEC areas, and the rates for those services will be governed by listed price lists or tariffs.
Peggy Wallace: I am not a communications attorney sadly so really ---- BUT if they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Jake: Okay
Jake: Yes they have charge also to calling you.
Peggy Wallace: perhaps you can answer that question properly,
Peggy Wallace: do I have to pay anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake: Yes , if you hear the message that you need a prepaid.
Jake: you will need to purchased the prepaid minutes so that the call will connected
Peggy Wallace: Isn't this a a yes/no question. You are saying I have to pay if they call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake: Customer Contract
To view the Terms of Service (TOS) click here or visit http://www.magicjack.com/tos/.
Peggy Wallace: Get me your supervisor.
Jake: Please wait while I check that for you
Peggy Wallace: I suspect that you see what #s are most often used and then block them. Boy it will be a lot of production of records when this lawsuit gets started!
Peggy Wallace: Just checked a few other numbers.
Peggy Wallace: you guys really are asking for it!
Jake: In the Terms of Service: magicjack.com/tos
Jake: Agreement Number 4. What Is Free and What is Not:
Jake: "We may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier."
Jake: magicJack completes calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls in conjunction with large phone carriers and these calls require a prepaid purchase. Please know that these rates are at a substantial discount to Verizon rates and the other largest carriers and are the wholesale rates of the largest carrier.
Peggy Wallace: I have been calling that number since I got your service started. Or is it that my refund period is now over.
Peggy Wallace: Is the supervisor named Jake as well?
Peggy Wallace: BTW Repeating it does not make it more credible.
Jake: Please wait while I check that for you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB Turbo Extended Edition © 2013, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.