magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAGICJACK NO LONGER WORKS FOR ALL NUMBERS DIALED MUST READ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunarweblink
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: MAGICJACK NO LONGER WORKS FOR ALL NUMBERS DIALED MUST READ Reply with quote

BELLOW IS A CONVO BETWEEN MAGICJACK CHAT SUPPORT MUST READ

Euegene: Hello, how may I help you?

jens: we have been having some problems on call out and inbound calls to our magicjack number saying a message of to call a conference line or a platform please visit us at magicjack.com

Euegene: I'm sorry to learn about that, Jens.

Euegene: Is the correct magicJack phone number?

jens: yes

Euegene: Thank you. Are you trying to attend a conference call with your magicJack?

jens: no

jens: its the only number i call

Euegene: I will be right with you.

Euegene: Thank you for waiting.

Euegene: Jens, rest assured that there is nothing wrong with your magicJack. The charge is due to the interconnection agreement with other telephone companies with magicJack whether it will be you who will be calling them or they'll be the one whose calling you. However, in order to get you connected with the other party, you can just purchase the prepaid credit. Compared to being charge with your monthly bills you can save more money since the charge is 2 cents per minute.

jens: why would i have to purchase the pre paid credit when i already purchased a subscription to the magic jack service

jens: this dont make sence

Euegene: I understand you about that, Jens.

Euegene: magicJack is now being charged just 2 cents per minute.

Euegene: Some of the carriers now do not agree of free incoming calls to them, that is why magicJack was forced to have a new purchasing orders.

jens: rest assure u will be losing a lot of clients to this it would be cheaper for me to go to an unlimited plan with another voip provider charging me per min is bs

jens: sounds like false advertisement in your website of free calling

Euegene: I fully understand your concern, Jens.

Euegene: This only applies to certain carriers. We are still finalizing the list so that you will be informed. We are also trying to remove that agreement. We are trying our best to remove the charges.

Euegene: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Euegene: Thank you for your time, Jens. Have a great evening!

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat
MoonGlow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem it won't let me call my cable provider anymore Rolling Eyes
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it would be cheaper for me to go to an unlimited plan with another voip provider charging me per min is bs

Here you go. Smile
gr8pop
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Conference line or platform??? Reply with quote

There are now 5 phone numbers on my list of numbers I used to be able to call using Magicjack, but can no longer call. Now, when I call those numbers, I get a recorded message from Magicjack stating:

"To call a conference line or a platform, please visit us at my.magicjack.com/prepaid to purchase prepaid minutes."

This ain't right !!! I'm not trying to call a "conference line" and I don't know what a "platform" is (in the context used in the recorded message), but I do know that it I used to be able to call these phone numbers using Magicjack.

What happened to the Magicjack claim "Never pay a phone bill again"???

Does anyone know of any class-action suits against Magicjack?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Conference line or platform??? Reply with quote

gr8pop wrote:
There are now 5 phone numbers on my list of numbers I used to be able to call using Magicjack, but can no longer call. Now, when I call those numbers, I get a recorded message from Magicjack stating:

"To call a conference line or a platform, please visit us at my.magicjack.com/prepaid to purchase prepaid minutes."

This ain't right !!! I'm not trying to call a "conference line" and I don't know what a "platform" is (in the context used in the recorded message), but I do know that it I used to be able to call these phone numbers using Magicjack.

What happened to the Magicjack claim "Never pay a phone bill again"???

Does anyone know of any class-action suits against Magicjack?

What's the area code and exchange of the numbers you cannot reach?
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try checking and reading the MJ's Terms of Service; www.magicJack.com/tos and refer to the section #4. What Is Free and What is Not:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
larrykkkbk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICJACK NO LONGER WORKS FOR ALL NUMBERS DIALED MUST RE Reply with quote

lunarweblink wrote:
BELLOW IS A CONVO BETWEEN MAGICJACK CHAT SUPPORT MUST READ

Euegene: Hello, how may I help you?

jens: we have been having some problems on call out and inbound calls to our magicjack number saying a message of to call a conference line or a platform please visit us at magicjack.com

Euegene: I'm sorry to learn about that, Jens.

Euegene: Is the correct magicJack phone number?

jens: yes

Euegene: Thank you. Are you trying to attend a conference call with your magicJack?

jens: its the only number i call

Euegene: I will be right with you.

Euegene: Thank you for waiting.

Euegene: Jens, rest assured that there is nothing wrong with your magicJack. The charge is due to the interconnection agreement with other telephone companies with magicJack whether it will be you who will be calling them or they'll be the one whose calling you. However, in order to get you connected with the other party, you can just purchase the prepaid credit. Compared to being charge with your monthly bills you can save more money since the charge is 2 cents per minute.

jens: why would i have to purchase the pre paid credit when i already purchased a subscription to the magic jack service

jens: this dont make sence

Euegene: I understand you about that, Jens.

Euegene: magicJack is now being charged just 2 cents per minute.

Euegene: Some of the carriers now do not agree of free incoming calls to them, that is why magicJack was forced to have a new purchasing orders.

jens: rest assure u will be losing a lot of clients to this it would be cheaper for me to go to an unlimited plan with another voip provider charging me per min is bs

jens: sounds like false advertisement in your website of free calling

Euegene: I fully understand your concern, Jens.

Euegene: This only applies to certain carriers. We are still finalizing the list so that you will be informed. We are also trying to remove that agreement. We are trying our best to remove the charges.

Euegene: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Euegene: Thank you for your time, Jens. Have a great evening!

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat

I am having the same problem. Here's what's wrong...It is only affecting ONE of the 8 or 10 prefixes in my area code, not all of them.
The 877 prefix (not the area code) is affected but the 620, 982, 246, 846, 977 are not affected... When I contact my local carrier (and they are a small carrier), they claim they have not changed any agreements with MJ and have had this problem reported by others.

Perhaps I'm stupid, but this seems to be an issue that someone flipped the wrong switch on a particular set of calls...it just doesn't make sense...

see my post... Message: Conference lines and platform above...
rockinmjuser
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black_icon wrote:
Try checking and reading the MJ's Terms of Service; www.magicJack.com/tos and refer to the section #4. What Is Free and What is Not:

That's actually false information. The terms of service was update right around the time this all started happening.

I called magic jack and asked them when they started doing this. Hung up and called back and asked when the TOS was last updated.

The dates are perfectly in sync. They didn't start doing this until after they had update TOS. I'll tell you right now. I have my MJ paid up to the end of 2012. If they want my continued service...they better release this Conference call crap right now.
edmond4
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Rip Off, Product Changed Reply with quote

Shaun: I'm trying to figure out why I can't place a call
Shaun: I'm dialing into Montana
Shaun: ANd immediately I get an alert about prepaid calling

Liz: Thank you for waiting.
Shaun: sure
Liz: MagicJack completes calls to certain non-ILEC area calls, conference lines, and platforms in conjunction with large phone carriers and these calls require a prepaid purchase.
Shaun: Hmmm, it used to call to this phone number. How disappointing that it fails to work now.
Liz: I understand but please know that these rates are at a substantial discount to Verizon rates and the other largest carriers and are the wholesale rates of the largest carrier.
Shaun: But why would a rural land line in Montana, and another line in Price, Utah, not take the call?
Shaun: These need to be prepaid? Something seems wrong and not working right. The number to Montana used to work.
Liz: That goes only only to certain numbers that falls either to non-ILEC area calls, conference lines, and platforms..
Shaun: This should be a full year of unlimited calling within the US
Shaun: Okay, very disappointing then. It once worked, but now does not to these numbers.
Liz: We may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.
Shaun: Okay. Thank you for the information.
Liz: You're welcome, Shaun.
Shaun: Can I ask your manager why my phone once called to this number but now can't?
Liz: You will still get the same answer Shaun even if you will be transferred to our Manager.
Shaun: Ahaha. Okay. BUt what of your managers manager?
Shaun: Is there nobody who can tell me why long distance phone calls once worked, and now they do not?
Shaun: And this, to numbers that previously did accept my call
Liz: I will be right with you.
Shaun: Okay
Liz: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Liz: Thank you for waiting.
Shaun: sure
Shaun: Anything forthcoming?
Liz: I do suggest to visit our magicjack TOS section 4. What Is Free and What is Not: at www.magicjack.com/tos and
Liz: http:// www.magicjack.com/tos
Shaun: I just found this:
Shaun: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-no-longer-works-for-all-numbers-dialed-must-read-t12057.html
Liz: Okay
Liz: Please wait while I check that for you
Shaun: Others are having the same problem, the Terms of Service were changed, as some state, and I join others to feel I've been defrauded somewhat with "never make a long distance call again" and now I have crucial phone numbers that I once could call, but now can not
Liz: Thank you for waiting, but the link you provided is the forum from magicjack customers and you may visit the official magicjack website to check the TOS 4. What Is Free and What is Not:
Shaun: Okay, I'll warn others that MagicJack is not what it used to be, and they had better look at other options, it's not now as advertised with limitations on many calls one once would have been able to place.
Liz: I understand if that is your decision.
Liz: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Shaun: Nn, it sounds like you've done all you are capacitated to do in this situation. I hope those in management of your once magnificent product will get back on a road of creating value once again which I feel has been severely compromised.
tommathews1946
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Yup im getting same crap Reply with quote

Im looking for a posse to join trust me. EVERYONE NEEDS TO!
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: It's getting worse. Reply with quote

So now it's happening in an area code that's literally a 5 mile drive away from me. Magic Jack will not do anything except quote the party line.

They're getting worse and won't do anything to stop it.
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: It's getting worse. Reply with quote

Add area code 831 to the list.

I personally think customers should have an on-going list of area codes not available on Magic Jack so we know what we're dealing with.
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is such a list available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=12NaeRBrgWor0YAx1ladCXjpOayC2HZo2EW2XFIfgJvU

I have no idea whether it is up to date or still being maintained.
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Who maintains this list?

Bill Smith wrote:
There is such a list available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=12NaeRBrgWor0YAx1ladCXjpOayC2HZo2EW2XFIfgJvU

I have no idea whether it is up to date or still being maintained.
Peggy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Anyone else want to sue magic jack? They are VERY misleading Reply with quote

You are now chatting with 'Jake'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554084477978X
Jake: Hello, how may I help you?
Peggy Wallace: What has been happening is today it says" to call a conference line or platform when I try my mom who is 3 miles away at 760.944.XXXX. I read the google search on this and it appears that there may be a problem - it works fine on my cell (760) 803-2641 no message comes on when I call. WHen I tried to get you all before I noted that the green light was blinking which it is doing periodically and you said you would send me a replacement. I want to know what gives here. Is all this stuff I read about on the internet true, there are blocked exchanges for which I will have to pay 2 cents a minute????????????
Jake: I see
Jake: If you hear that message you will need to purchase prepaid minutes.
Jake: Please go to my.magicjack.com/prepaid for more details.
Peggy Wallace: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-no-longer-works-for-all-numbers-dialed-must-read-t12057.html
Jake: magicJack completes calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls in conjunction with large phone carriers and these calls require a prepaid purchase. Please know that these rates are at a substantial discount to Verizon rates and the other largest carriers and are the wholesale rates of the largest carrier.
Peggy Wallace: you need to explain this to me. It is not free calling. I have heard about an FTC/class action - sadly for you I am an attorney. Run this up to your supervisor
Peggy Wallace: by the way, if they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Jake: Terms of Service section 4. What Is Free and What is Not:
Jake: We may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier. We may provide for a fee, premium prepaid services, which may be powered by YMAX Communications Corp. (YMAX), and may include some inbound, international, conference, platform and outbound calls that receive a recording and certain calls to non-ILEC areas, and the rates for those services will be governed by listed price lists or tariffs.
Peggy Wallace: I am not a communications attorney sadly so really ---- BUT if they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Peggy Wallace: If they call me is there any fee? Do I get charged for them calling me?
Jake: Okay
Jake: Yes they have charge also to calling you.
Peggy Wallace: perhaps you can answer that question properly,
Peggy Wallace: do I have to pay anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake: Yes , if you hear the message that you need a prepaid.
Jake: you will need to purchased the prepaid minutes so that the call will connected
Peggy Wallace: Isn't this a a yes/no question. You are saying I have to pay if they call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake: Customer Contract
To view the Terms of Service (TOS) click here or visit http://www.magicjack.com/tos/.
Peggy Wallace: Get me your supervisor.
Jake: Please wait while I check that for you
Peggy Wallace: I suspect that you see what #s are most often used and then block them. Boy it will be a lot of production of records when this lawsuit gets started!
Peggy Wallace: Just checked a few other numbers.
Peggy Wallace: you guys really are asking for it!
Jake: In the Terms of Service: magicjack.com/tos
Jake: Agreement Number 4. What Is Free and What is Not:
Jake: "We may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier."
Jake: magicJack completes calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls in conjunction with large phone carriers and these calls require a prepaid purchase. Please know that these rates are at a substantial discount to Verizon rates and the other largest carriers and are the wholesale rates of the largest carrier.
Peggy Wallace: I have been calling that number since I got your service started. Or is it that my refund period is now over.
Peggy Wallace: Is the supervisor named Jake as well?
Peggy Wallace: BTW Repeating it does not make it more credible.
Jake: Please wait while I check that for you
docooo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is MJ+ ad

Good luck trying to use it (

"Make Unlimited Calls with No Phone Bills!"

If U gotta buy min's - is that not a bill ?
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get used to it... soon ALL MJ calls will have a (small) charge per minute!!!
CHarris360
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Plus works for me calling 219 area code... Reply with quote

The link to a Google docs page listing phone numbers that supposedly won't work with MagicJack Plus claims no numbers work in 219 area code. That would be a real show-stopper for me since most of my relatives are there, including my dad. Thank goodness I got through to him just now via my new MagicJack Plus. The audio quality was excellent.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blocked Numbers 207 Area Code
207-235-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Carrabasset, ME
207-237-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Bigelow, ME
207-246-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Stratton, ME
207-265-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Kingfield, ME
207-297-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Coburn Gore, ME
207-338-xxxx NO NEW ENGLAND TEL OP DBA FAIRPOINT COMM - ME (Fairpoint) in Belfast, ME
207-368-xxxx NO NEW ENGLAND TEL OP DBA FAIRPOINT COMM - ME (Fairpoint) in Newport, ME
207-444 Northland Telephone of Maine in Eagle Lake [Ft. Kent], ME
207-474-xxxx NO NEW ENGLAND TEL OP DBA FAIRPOINT COMM - ME (Fairpoint) in Skowhegan, ME
207-566-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Embden Lake, ME
207-585-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Weld, ME
207-589-xxxx Northland Telephone of Maine in Liberty, ME
207-628-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in North New Portland, ME
207-634-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Norridgewock, ME
207-635-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in North Anson, ME
207-639-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Phillips, ME
207-643-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Solon, ME
207-652-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in New Vineyard, ME
207-667-xxxx NO NEW ENGLAND TEL OP DBA FAIRPOINT COMM - ME (Fairpoint) in Ellsworth, ME
207-684-xxxx Somerset Telephone/TDSTelecom in Strong, ME
207-732-xxxx Mid Maine Telecom in West Enfield, ME
207-757-xxxx Northland Telephone of Maine in Sherman Mills, ME
207-785-xxxx Tidewater Telecom in Union, ME
207-834-xxxx Northland Telephone of Maine in Fort Kent, ME
207-945-xxxx NO NEW ENGLAND TEL OP DBA FAIRPOINT COMM - ME (Fairpoint) in Bangor, ME
207-948-xxxx Unity Telephone Co in Unity, ME

Blocked Numbers 217 Area Code
217-226-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Assumption, IL
217-227-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Farmersville, IL
217-229-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Raymond, IL
217-234-xxxx unknown phone company in Mattoon, IL
217-235-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Mattoon, IL
217-324-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Litchfield, IL
217-725-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Springfield, IL
217-824-xxxx ILLINOIS CONSOLIDATED TELEPHONE CO. in Taylorville, IL

Blocked Numbers 218 Area Code
218-243-xxxx PAUL BUNYAN RURAL TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE in Puposky, MN
218-444-xxxx PAUL BUNYAN RURAL TELEPHONE COOP in Bemidji, MN
218-681 XXXX TRF, MN Qwest Corp.
218-683 xxxx TRF, MN Qwest Corp.
218-689 xxxx TRF, MN Cellco Partnership D/B/A Verizon Wireless
218-694-xxxx Garden Valley Telephone Co
218-751-xxxx Qwest Corporation(?)
218-776-xxxx Garden Valley Telephone Co
218-781-xxxx WIKSTROM TELEPHONE CO., INC. in Strathcona, MN
218-782-xxxx WIKSTROM TELEPHONE CO., INC. in Greenbush, MN
218-874-xxxx WIKSTROM TELEPHONE CO., INC. in Newfolden, MN

Blocked Numbers 219 Area Code
219-xxx-xxxx Netnitco, Northwest Indiana

Blocked Numbers 251 Area Code
251-942-xxxx Gulf Telephone (Baldwin County, Alabama)

Blocked Numbers 270 Area Code
270-396-xxxx Brandenburg Phone Co. in Clarkson, KY
270-397-xxxx Brandenburg Phone Co. in Leitchfield, KY
270-580-xxxx Brandenburg Phone Co. in Hardinsburg, KY
270-902-xxxx Brandenburg Phone Co. in McDaniels, KY
270-982-xxxx Brandenburg Phone Co. in Elizabethtown, KY

Blocked Numbers 304 Area Code
304-643-xxxx Armstrong Telephone Co. in Harrisville, WV
304-869-xxxx Armstrong Telephone Co. in Ellenboro, WV

Blocked Numbers 315 Area Code
315-265-xxxx Verizon NY (Verizon) in Potsdam, NY

Blocked Numbers 319 Area Code
319-293-xxxx Van Buren Telco in Keosauqua Iowa
319-592-xxxx Van Buren Telco in Bonaparte, Iowa
319-653-xxxx IOWA TELECOMM SVCS DBA IOWA TELECOM - NORTH in Washington, IA
319-656-xxxx KALONA COOPERATIVE TELEPHONE CO. in Kalona, IA
319-668-xxxx IOWA TELECOMM SVCS DBA IOWA TELECOM - NORTH in Williamsburg, IA
319-863-xxxx Iowa Telecom (Now Windstream) in Washington, IA

Blocked Numbers 320 Area Code
320-676-xxxx CITIZENS TELECOM CO MN-FRONTIER CITIZENS COM-MN (Frontier Communications) in Isle, MN
320-684-xxxx CITIZENS TELECOM CO MN-FRONTIER CITIZENS COM-MN (Frontier Communications) in Malmo, MN

Blocked Numbers 336 Area Code
336-224-xxxx Windstream Lexcom Communications, Inc. in Lexington, NC

Blocked Numbers 360 Area Code
360-945-xxxx Whidbey Telephone Co. in Point Roberts, WA

Blocked Numbers 402 Area Code
402-993-xxxx Citizens Telecom Of NE Llc Dba Frontier Com Of NE

Blocked Numbers 406 Area Code
406-216-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Great Falls, MT
406-236-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Neihart, MT
406-264-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Fort Shaw
406-271-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Conrad
406-276-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Lima
406-277-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Belt
406-279-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Valier
406-338-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Browning
406-424-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Great Falls
406-440-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Helena
406-463-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Power
406-466-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Choteau
406-467-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Fairfield
406-469-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Pendroy
406-472-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Dupuyer
406-562-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Augusta
406-627-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in East Conrad
406-682-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Ennis
406-684-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Twin Bridges
406-685-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Harrison
406-733-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Highwood
406-734-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Carter
406-735-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Geyser
406-736-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Stockett
406-738-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Raynesford
406-753-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Brady
406-835-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Melrose
406-842-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Sheridan
406-843-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Virginia City
406-993-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Big Sky
406-995-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Big Sky

Blocked Numbers 435 Area Code
435-462-xxxx Central Utah Telephone Inc. in Mount Pleasant, UT
435-705-xxxx Nextel Communications, Inc. (Sprint) in St. George, UT

Blocked Numbers 440 Area Code
440-593-xxxx Conneaut Telephone Co. in Conneaut, OH
440-594-xxxx Conneaut Telephone Co. in Conneaut, OH
440-599-xxxx CONNEAUT TELEPHONE CO. in Conneaut, OH
440-934-xxxx Avon & Sheffield, OH CenturyLink
440-949-xxxx Sheffield Lake & Lorain, OH CenturyLink
440-963-xxxx Vermilion, OH CenturyLink
440-965-xxxx Birmingham, OH CenturyLink
440-967-xxxx Vermilion, OH CenturyLink
440-988-xxxx Amherst, OH CenturyLink

Blocked Numbers 507 Area Code
507-243-xxxx Mid-Communications, Inc. dba Hickorytech in Madison Lake, MN
507-735-xxxx NO INFO

Blocked Numbers 509 Area Code
509-657-xxxx Pioneer Telephone Co. in Endicott, WA

Blocked Numbers 514 Area Code
514-310-xxxx Bell Canada QC

Blocked Numbers 518 Area Code
518-392-xxxx Taconic Telephone Co. In Chatham, NY

Blocked Numbers 540 Area Code
540-396-xxxx MGW TELEPHONE COMPANY INC in McDowell, VA
540-468-xxxx HIGHLAND TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE in Monterey, VA
540-949-XXXX NTELOS TELEPHONE INC, Waynesboro, VA
540-962-xxxx NTELOS TELEPHONE INC. in Covington, VA

Blocked Numbers 541 Area Code
541-563-xxxx PIONEER TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE in Waldport, OR
541-847-XXXX Monroe Telephone, Monroe Oregon

Blocked Numbers 563 Area Code
563-544-xxxx ACE COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIACOM Cable - New Albin, IA
563-873-xxxx ALPINE COMMUNICATIONS, L.C. in McGregor, IA
563-964-xxxx ALPINE COMMUNICATIONS, L.C. In Garnavillo, IA

Blocked Numbers 570 Area Code
570-333-xxxx COMMONWEALTH TELEPHONE COMPANY [Citizens Communication Company) in Center Moreland, PA
570-897-XXXX Commonweath Telephone Company, Portland, PA

Blocked Numbers 573 Area Code
573-437-xxxx Fidelity Phone Company, Owensville, MO
573-439-xxxx MARK TWAIN RURAL TELEPHONE CO (Philadelphia, MO exchange)

Blocked Numbers 585 Area Code
585-773-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY
585-234-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY
585-258-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY
585-288-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY

Blocked Numbers 406 Area Code
406-216-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Great Falls, MT
406-236-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Neihart, MT
406-264-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Fort Shaw
406-271-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Conrad
406-276-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Lima
406-277-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Belt
406-279-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Valier
406-338-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Browning
406-424-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Great Falls
406-440-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Helena
406-463-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Power
406-466-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Choteau
406-467-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Fairfield
406-469-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Pendroy
406-472-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Dupuyer
406-562-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Augusta
406-627-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in East Conrad
406-682-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Ennis
406-684-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Twin Bridges
406-685-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Harrison
406-733-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Highwood
406-734-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Carter
406-735-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Geyser
406-736-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Stockett
406-738-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Raynesford
406-753-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Brady
406-835-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Melrose
406-842-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Sheridan
406-843-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Virginia City
406-993-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Big Sky
406-995-xxxx 3 RIVERS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE, INC. - MT in Big Sky

Blocked Numbers 435 Area Code
435-462-xxxx Central Utah Telephone Inc. in Mount Pleasant, UT
435-705-xxxx Nextel Communications, Inc. (Sprint) in St. George, UT

Blocked Numbers 440 Area Code
440-593-xxxx Conneaut Telephone Co. in Conneaut, OH
440-594-xxxx Conneaut Telephone Co. in Conneaut, OH
440-599-xxxx CONNEAUT TELEPHONE CO. in Conneaut, OH
440-934-xxxx Avon & Sheffield, OH CenturyLink
440-949-xxxx Sheffield Lake & Lorain, OH CenturyLink
440-963-xxxx Vermilion, OH CenturyLink
440-965-xxxx Birmingham, OH CenturyLink
440-967-xxxx Vermilion, OH CenturyLink
440-988-xxxx Amherst, OH CenturyLink

Blocked Numbers 507 Area Code
507-243-xxxx Mid-Communications, Inc. dba Hickorytech in Madison Lake, MN
507-735-xxxx NO INFO

Blocked Numbers 509 Area Code
509-657-xxxx Pioneer Telephone Co. in Endicott, WA

Blocked Numbers 514 Area Code
514-310-xxxx Bell Canada QC

Blocked Numbers 518 Area Code
518-392-xxxx Taconic Telephone Co. In Chatham, NY

Blocked Numbers 540 Area Code
540-396-xxxx MGW TELEPHONE COMPANY INC in McDowell, VA
540-468-xxxx HIGHLAND TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE in Monterey, VA
540-949-XXXX NTELOS TELEPHONE INC, Waynesboro, VA
540-962-xxxx NTELOS TELEPHONE INC. in Covington, VA

Blocked Numbers 541 Area Code
541-563-xxxx PIONEER TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE in Waldport, OR
541-847-XXXX Monroe Telephone, Monroe Oregon

Blocked Numbers 563 Area Code
563-544-xxxx ACE COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIACOM Cable - New Albin, IA
563-873-xxxx ALPINE COMMUNICATIONS, L.C. in McGregor, IA
563-964-xxxx ALPINE COMMUNICATIONS, L.C. In Garnavillo, IA

Blocked Numbers 570 Area Code
570-333-xxxx COMMONWEALTH TELEPHONE COMPANY [Citizens Communication Company) in Center Moreland, PA
570-897-XXXX Commonweath Telephone Company, Portland, PA

Blocked Numbers 573 Area Code
573-437-xxxx Fidelity Phone Company, Owensville, MO
573-439-xxxx MARK TWAIN RURAL TELEPHONE CO (Philadelphia, MO exchange)

Blocked Numbers 585 Area Code
585-773-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY
585-234-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY
585-258-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY
585-288-xxxx FRONTIER TELEPHONE OF ROCHESTER, INC. (Frontier Communications) in Rochester, NY

Blocked Numbers 606 Area Code
606-295-xxxx Leslie County Telephone Co. in Canoe, KY
606-297-xxxx Foothills, Paintsville, KY
606-878-xxxx WINDSTREAM KENTUCKY EAST, INC. - LONDON

Blocked Numbers 607 Area Code
607-546-xxxx Empire Telephone corp in Burdett, NY

Blocked Numbers 608 Area Code
608-324-xxxx UTELCO, INC in Monroe, WI
608-325-xxxx UTELCO, INC in Monroe, WI
608-328-xxxx UTELCO, INC in monroe, WI
608-329-xxxx UTELCO (TDS Telecom) in Monroe, WI
608-527-xxxx Mt. Vernon Telephone Co. in New Glarus, WI

Blocked Numbers 610 Area Code
610-381-xxxx PALMERTON TELEPHONE CO. in Kunkletown, PA
610-681-xxxx PALMERTON TELEPHONE CO. in Kresgeville, PA

Blocked Numbers 620 Area Code
620-496-xxxx La Harpe Telephone Co. in La Harpe, KS

Blocked Numbers 641 Area Code
641-472-xxxx Iowa Telecom (now Windstream) in Fairfield, IA

Blocked Numbers 660 Area Code
660-867-xxxx Grand River Mutual Telephone Co. in Eagleville, MO
660-255-xxxx COWGILL, MO GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-354-xxxx POLO, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-636-xxxx AVALON, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-731-xxxx BOGARD, MOGREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-644-xxxx BRECKENRIDGE, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-745-xxxx DAWN, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-352-xxxx KNOXVILLE, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-772-xxxx LOCK SPRING'S, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-738-xxxx LUDLOW, MO.GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-755-xxxx MOORESVILLE, MO. GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-593 xxxx NORBORNE, MO GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-594-xxxx NORBORNE, MO GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-484-xxxx STET, MO. GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-622-xxxx TINA, MO GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI
660-659-xxxx WHEELING, MO GREENHILLS TELEPHONE COMPANY IN BREKENRIDGE MISSOURI

Blocked Numbers 701 Area Code
701-463-xxxx RESERVATION TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE in Garrison, ND
701-776-xxxx NORTH DAKOTA TELEPHONE COMPANY in Rugby, ND

Blocked Numbers 706 Area Code
706-896-xxxx Windstream Standard, Inc. (Windstream) in Hiawassee, GA
706-935-xxxx RINGGOLD TELEPHONE COMPANY in Ringgold, GA
706-937-xxxx RINGGOLD TELEPHONE COMPANY in Ringgold, GA
706-965-xxxx RINGGOLD TELEPHONE COMPANY in Ringgold, GA

Blocked Numbers 716 Area Code
716-761-xxxx Chautauqua & Erie Phone Corp. in Sherman, NY

Blocked Numbers 724 Area Code
724-455-xxxx Laurel Highland Phone Company in Indianhead, PA
724-934-xxxx Consolidated Communications of PA in Wexford, PA
724-935-xxxx Consolidated Communications of PA in Wexford, PA

Blocked Numbers 765 Area Code
765-675-8xxx - Tipton Telephone Co., Tipton, IN

Blocked Numbers 812 Area Code
812-383-xxxx SMITHVILLE TELEPHONE COMPANY in Hymera, IN
812-623-xxxx Indiana Enhanced Telecommunications
812-936-xxxx Smithville Telephone Co. in French Lick, IN

Blocked Numbers 850 Area Code
850-283-xxxx GTC Inc. FL in Tyndall AFB, FL
850-286-xxxx GTC Inc. FL in Tyndall AFB, FL

Blocked Numbers 907 Area Code
907-xxx-xxxx Alaska

Blocked Numbers 910 Area Code
910-567-xxxx Star Telephone Membership Corp, Clinton, NC

Blocked Numbers 912 Area Code
912-754-xxxx Georgia Windstream, Inc. in Springfield, GA
912-826-xxxx Georgia Windstream, Inc. in Rincon, GA

Blocked Numbers 918 Area Code
918-435-xxxx Grand Telephone Co. in Disney, OK

Blocked Numbers 931 Area Code
931-752-xxxx TWIN LAKES TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE CO in Jamestown, TN
931-823-xxxx Twin Lakes Telephone Cooperative in Livingston, TN

Last edited by laserjobs on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
docooo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Google Voice number .. and all will work ..

Doc
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Get a Google Voice number .. and all will work .. "

I agree, but will GV continue to be free after this year?
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is weird. Suddenly, the 310 area started working on Magic Jack again.

I'm going to contact them and find out if there's another issue that might be causing the problem.

I'll also test out the 408 area code to see if that's working again.
Plazmatix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 408 area is back and working on Magic Jack. I would really like to know what's going on and why the "to call a conference line or a platform" error message seems to come and go on certain area codes.

Plazmatix wrote:
Now this is weird. Suddenly, the 310 area started working on Magic Jack again.

I'm going to contact them and find out if there's another issue that might be causing the problem.

I'll also test out the 408 area code to see if that's working again.
SinisterLegion
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: MagicJack Screwed Us Reply with quote

Not only did they screw us but this piece of shit operator is practically throwin it in my face like there is nothing I can do and just let them screw me and smile about it.

Screw that, is lawsuit time, if anyone is interested in filing a class action suit against MagicJack please reply with a post saying so.

Also this piece of shit hung up on me, or just kicked me out of chat.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Dory'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554085041821X

Michael: Dory, I'm having a problem calling a number.

Dory: Hello, how may I help you?

Michael: It plays some message saying conference call platform

Michael: How can I fix this?

Dory: Can you tell me the exact message you've heard when making calls?

Michael: To call a conference line or platform visit us on magicjack.com/prepaid

Michael: My account is paid already

Dory: I see. Thank you for the confirmation, Michael.

Dory: If you are prompted to purchase prepaid minutes in order to call a certain number.

Michael: So what's the problem?

Dory: There's no problem with that, Michael. If you are prompted to purchase prepaid minutes in order to call a certain number.

Michael: how is that? I paid for my magicjack already, I'm supposed to have unlimited calling to anywhere in the United States.

Dory:
magicJack can call for FREE within the United States and Canada. However, since you've been prompted to purchase pre-paid minutes, the purchase will be necessary to complete the call. In some circumstances, we may require prepaid purchase or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.

Michael: what the hell

Dory: I need you to please visit our TOS (TERMS OF SERVICE) Section 4 what is free and what is not.

Dory: Customer Contract

To view the Terms of Service (TOS) click here or visit http://www.magicjack.com/tos/.

Michael: I didn't sign up for this

Michael: this is new

Michael: when I purchased the service there was nothing in the TOS stating this.

Dory: It was clearly stated on the TOS that you have agreed during the registration.

Michael: No actually it was not.

Dory: Kindly visit TOS and check section 4.Please click on that link I gave.,

Michael: This is new

Michael: that link is pointless, you guys made changes after I purchased my service under the old TOS.

Dory: Customer Contract

Michael: You guys are going to have a big class action lawsuit for this.

Michael: You think just because you edit a page it makes it ok?

Michael: I have the old TOS saved

Michael: would you like to see it?

Michael: This prepaid crap is new.

Michael: And I never agreed to it.

Dory: We didn't edit the TOS.

Dory: You cannot complete the registration without agreeing the TOS,

Michael: I'm telling you that there was no section like that before

Michael: I did agree to the TOS

Michael: but not this one

Michael: the old one

Michael: and now you have changed it after the fact.

Michael: I will not be renewing my service and whats more I will be actively persuing a class action lawsuit against your company.

Michael: I'm sure I'm not the only one who is upset about this.

Michael: It's illegal to change an agreement and try to enforce it after it has been made.

Dory: We didn't change anything on the TOS>

Dory: Kindly please read it when you have time.

Dory: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Michael: I have a copy of it, would you like to see it?

Michael: You have not helped me

Dory: You don't have too, as we are know all of the TOS>

Michael: Well see what a judge has to say about that, I have your old TOS.

Dory: Okay.

Dory: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Michael: You have NOT helped me.

Michael: is there a supervisor there?

Dory: There's nothing who can help you with that.

Dory: It's only you who can help.

Dory: You are asking to purchase prepaid minutes to call that number, then you have too.

Michael: so basically you guys decide to rip off your customers and then tell them they can't do anything about it.

Dory: No other fix for that in order for the call goes through.

Michael: No, it's in the United States

Dory: You need to purchase prepaid minutes.

Dory:
magicJack can call for FREE within the United States and Canada. However, since you've been prompted to purchase pre-paid minutes, the purchase will be necessary to complete the call. In some circumstances, we may require prepaid purchase or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.

Michael: and My service is supposed to be 20$ a year for unlimited USA calls

Dory: I believe I have provided all the necessary information that you need. I will end this chat now. If you have any other concern, please don't hesitate to chat us back. Thank you.

ennemm
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....and here I was thinking of renewing tomorrow for 5 years
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My yearly subscription will end on 1/15/13. I currently have Time Warner cable for my TV ($60) & internet ($60), per month for a total of $120. Time Warner cable's homepage has a bundled price of $120 per month for TV, internet, & phone. I'm contemplating that deal and not renewing my MJ+, I'm planning to delete my credit card information from my Magic Jack account, and cancel my account in December. Should I go so far as to also cancelling my credit card and asking my credit card company to issue me another credit card number so as to avoid Magic Jack pulling a fast one and charging my account without my knowledge?
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Angeles jack wrote:
My yearly subscription will end on 1/15/13. I currently have Time Warner cable for my TV ($60) & internet ($60), per month for a total of $120. Time Warner cable's homepage has a bundled price of $120 per month for TV, internet, & phone. I'm contemplating that deal and not renewing my MJ+, I'm planning to delete my credit card information from my Magic Jack account, and cancel my account in December. Should I go so far as to also cancelling my credit card and asking my credit card company to issue me another credit card number so as to avoid Magic Jack pulling a fast one and charging my account without my knowledge?

- Not necessary. Just go into your MJ account online, be sure that Auto Renew is disabled (turn it off if it isn't already turned off), and then delete your credit card from the account.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Los Angeles jack wrote:

- Not necessary. Just go into your MJ account online, be sure that Auto Renew is disabled (turn it off if it isn't already turned off), and then delete your credit card from the account.

Thanks for the advice. However, it looks like I'll be keeping my MJ+ active. The reason, Time Warner Cable informed me that my MJ+ phone number cannot be ported over to Time Warner Cable (I'm not sure why but it is what it is). I will still be getting the Time Warner Cable bundled price of $89 a month for TV, internet, and phone (for one year at that bundled price). They will assign me a new phone number which I don't intend to use since I'll keep my MJ+. The bundled price will save me some money going from about $140 a month (unbundled without a phone) to about $100 (bundled with a phone). Keeping my MJ+ phone number is important to me so I don't mind paying the $29 yearly subscription and $9.99 annual porting fee as well to keep my MJ+ phone number alive. On 1/15/12, I had my AT & T phone number ported to MJ+ and it has been working excellent ever since. I hope it'll continue to work as usual. And even though I don't use the call forwarding on my MJ+, it seems deceptive to me that Ymax discontinued the free call forwarding and now charges for it without advance notice and pulling the rug out from under us all.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keeping my MJ+ phone number is important to me so I don't mind paying the $29 yearly subscription and $9.99 annual porting fee as well to keep my MJ+ phone number alive

You could port your MJ number to a better VOIP provider, this way keeping your number AND getting some real use of it. [/quote]
ML143
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: RE: MagicJack No Longer Works For Certain Numbers Dialed Reply with quote

I saw this thread after dealing with these idiots just today. All they did was read of of a index card and did no testing whatsoever. The third and final chat the one girl had me reboot my modems, routers, and unplug all my MJ's for 1 min while she claimed to refresh my account.

I live in VT and just started have some strange issues with MagicJack Plus. I plug mine directly into my router, do not use a computer or software. Certain numbers within the same area code & prefix I call (that I have had no problems prior) would be hit or miss all week mostly getting FAST BUSY SIGNAL. Other days I can call then no problem. At first I thought they might be really busy, but then be busy all week? Even at midnight when they are closed? Until I called from my cell phone I saw there was no problem getting through using any other device.

I called my oil company this morning, had a few dropped calls, got messages of ALL CIRCUITS BUSY, then suddenly I cannot call my oil company. Things were acting screwy all day. I was just talking to them this morning a few hours ago. Then I started getting these "Conference Call" recorded messages when I tried to call them back. I have read all these posts about the problems you guys are having with entire area codes and what not, my issue has a twist....

After suddenly getting these messages after calling the same place I have been all year (my fuel company) I realize I can no longer call them as of today. So I started calling other numbers in the same town. Some I could get through, others not. I called the sandwhich store next to them, I called the hardware store accross the street and got through fine. Now this is small town VT and population is under 1000. All numbers are 802-228-xxxx. I broke out the phone book and started dialing random numbers for homes and business's.

802-228-8866 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8847 cannot call, get recording
802-228-3344 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-7900 cannot call, get recording
802-228-7566 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2087 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-7222 cannot call, get recording
802-228-5374 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-6200 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-8468 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2001 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8477 cannot call, get recording

802-228-0001 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-0002 cannot call, get recording
802-228-0003 cannot call, get recording
802-228-0004 cannot call, get recording

802-228-8469 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8470 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8471 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8472 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8473 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8474 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8475 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8476 cannot call, get recording

802-228-2087 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2088 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2089 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2090 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2091 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-2092 cannot call, get recording

Called at least 50 numbers and 1 out of every 5 I could get through. These are all same prefix, same CO, and some locations I can spit on them as they are next to each other. Now if I was not able to reach ALL of these, I could see that this new FCC RULE, or TOS rule was in place somewhere. But this is a small town 25 miles from me and all withing the USA and all within the same CO.

I have to change oil companies and break my contract now. I have to tell them it is because I have MAGIC JACK and can't call them anymore.

I had to call another office they have south of me, to have them pass a message to have the Ludlow office call me at home. They can call me, but I cannot call them.

What is one to do with these jokers.... I have THREE of them (one for each child to have their own number) and made sure I paid for FIVE YEARS service in advance before the price went up so I could be locked in.

Last edited by ML143 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warrior Minerva
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My phone stopped working today. I have read through all of the posts and I have to say this is a load of BS!! My area code is 541 Southern OR. My family and I will have to wait and see if anything changes. If it doesn't we will have to search for something hopefully better than this flip-flopping company. I do have a question; will the people who call in to my magicjack plus number be charged? Thanks for reading!
ML143
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sombody needs to call a news crew, and get this on the air. CNN or HLN, sombody national and not just some local news channel serving 6,000 in tumbleweed county... I am sure just about any network and/or consumer reporter would be happy to report the changes in the "MajicJack" company that would make it not only less apealing to ever be a new customer of MagicJack, but also to let everyone know that the "Magic" within their company is all washed up...

In fact, if you bought the MagicJack, it would actually be an act of MAGIC that you could call the person you wanted!

Just make sure whoever does it presents themselves well and knows what they are talking about to make a good impact and get us back what we all paid for.

Last edited by ML143 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ML143 wrote:
Sombody needs to call a news crew, and get this on the air. CNN or HLN, sombody national and not just some local news channel serving 6,000 in tumbleweed county... I am sure just about any network and/or consumer reporter would be happy to report the changes in the "MajicJack" company that would make it not only less apealing to ever be a new customer of MagicJack, but also to let everyone know that the "Magic" within their company is all washed up...

In fact, if you bought the MagicJack, it would actually be an act of MAGIC that you could call the person you wanted!

Just make sure whoever does it presents themselves well and knows what they are talking about to make a good impacy and get us back what we all paid for.

YOU sound like the right person for this!
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrior Minerva - I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say that your phone stopped working, but whether or not your callers are charged a long distance fee by their phone company is determined ENTIRELY by *their* phone service's plan (and whether or not your number is considered by them to be a number that is "local" or otherwise long distance but "toll-free."
Neil
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week we began experiencing this issue. The wife regularly has been dialing 870-573-xxxx for the first 11 months of MajicJack Plus service without issue, but last week we got the conference call...platform, buy pre-paid minutes recording when trying to dial the same number.

We probably average 900 to 1000 minutes with this number per month. Paying an additional $.02 per minute isn't acceptable. We will be shopping for an alternative VOIP provider ASAP.

Fortunately, I did not buy the 5yr plan, as I was concerned something would not work out. Was just about to renew my contract next month, but now I'm not doing it.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is happening more and more frequently when MJ users try to call telephone numbers that are assigned to very small telephone companies that serve mostly rural or very small geographical areas (in addition to "call centers" or separate long distance service access numbers)... these companies often charge call termination fees that are too high for MJ, with its ridiculously low $20-$30/year subscriber fee, to be able to pay and still turn a profit. Most other very low-end VOIP providers are starting to do the same thing (charging extra when connecting to such numbers). This is one of the biggest reasons why most VOIP providers that function from the consumer's perspective just like a "regular" phone service cost so much higher than MJ (ex: OOMA, Vonage, etc).
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what happens to pyramid schemes- after a while, the pyramid is gone and you are left with the scheme...
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, am I the only one that doesn't have any problems?

Chuck
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c4yourself2 wrote:
Wow, am I the only one that doesn't have any problems?

Chuck

- No. It just seems like that because a) in general, most people that post an online comment about a consumer product do so to post a negative or critical one, and b) this site in particular is intended to be a consumer self-help support group for MagicJack users; consequently most of the posts here are from people experiencing some sort of difficulty and looking for advice on how to proceed with resolving them.
hudge95
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Cost of pre-paid minutes? Reply with quote

I just got off with Live Chat trying to get a straight answer as to how much these prepaid minutes are. I need to join a conference call that may last upwards of 4 hours a week. It is a local call, originating in my same area code.

Of course, I am with you guys that I've already paid for my Magic Jack so why do I have to pay for minutes, too?

OK so my question is about these minutes. I cannot find a schedule of fees or any info about how much per minute one of these conference calls is gonna run. All I can get out of customer service is to 'Buy the card at $10 to $40 and when you use it it will tell you how much you have left'. That's not good enough. I want to know up front.

Am I the only one that thinks this is bogus?
docooo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hve only ran into 2 number that come up with the conf. crap .. no biggie
I just use my Google Voice and it goes right through .. yes it is BS but you
can not do anything about it ... u can buy a invite on Ebay if you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/google-voice-invitation-/170716554016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bf7fe320
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

docooo wrote:
I just use my Google Voice ... u can buy a invite on Ebay if you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/google-voice-invitation-/170716554016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bf7fe320

- You no longer need an "invite" to get Google Voice (it's now called something like "voice through email" in some sections of their website, I believe); it's now available to anyone who wants it and you can sign up for it right through your general Google account. Anyone who's "selling invites" on eBay is just scamming/ripping people off.
gstevenson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Termination Fees Reply with quote

I was just looking at a few free conference call services. They appeared to be too good to be true. A free conference call capability? What is the catch? Well, I found a pretty good article that seems to explain it. Apparently in the history of telephone companies, the wee big (rich) ones, and small local (poor) ones. So, to help level the playing field, regulation created the provision for "termination fees" which gave the small local telcos the ability to charge a fee to big (rich) telcos for calls "terminating" in the local telco's service area. The "free" conference call services cut a deal with these small telco's whereby they place the hub of the conference call service in the service area of the local telco. The free service generates a ton of call traffic, and the local telco shares the bounty with the conf call service. That's how the "free" service makes its money.

Typically, the whole "termination fee" mechanism was funded by long distance fees collected by the big telcos. But then along comes VOIP services that sidestep the long distance fees. oK, so who is going to pay for this termination fee bonanza when nobody is paying long distance? It looks like what has happened is that the big telcos have said "not me" and started to bill MagicJack for calls terminating in these areas. MagicJack's fee structure was never set to pay these fees obviously! So...MJ is passing the fees back to the individual.

I understand the frustration of MJ users who thought they were getting free calls anywhere. But I can also see why the big telcos don't want to fund the "free conference call" services...and why MJ can't either.

If I understand the situation correctly (please provide any builds) the original sin is the free conference call services which (mis)used a telco regulation loophole to fund their business model, causing an unsustainable drain that had to be fixed. I can't say I blame MJ for it...although it will tick me off too if the identified service areas grows to unintentionally catch one of my family members who happen to live in one of these areas exploited by one of the free services.

Having said that...i'm off to sign up for a free conference call account! Smile
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: RE: MagicJack No Longer Works For Certain Numbers Dialed Reply with quote

ML143 wrote:
I live in VT and just started have some strange issues with MagicJack Plus. I plug mine directly into my router, do not use a computer or software. Certain numbers within the same area code & prefix I call (that I have had no problems prior) would be hit or miss all week mostly getting FAST BUSY SIGNAL. Other days I can call then no problem. At first I thought they might be really busy, but then be busy all week? Even at midnight when they are closed? Until I called from my cell phone I saw there was no problem getting through using any other device.

I called my oil company this morning, had a few dropped calls, got messages of ALL CIRCUITS BUSY, then suddenly I cannot call my oil company. Things were acting screwy all day. I was just talking to them this morning a few hours ago. Then I started getting these "Conference Call" recorded messages when I tried to call them back. I have read all these posts about the problems you guys are having with entire area codes and what not, my issue has a twist....

<--snip-->

802-228-8866 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8847 cannot call, get recording
802-228-3344 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-7900 cannot call, get recording
802-228-7566 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2087 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-7222 cannot call, get recording
802-228-5374 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-6200 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-8468 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2001 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8477 cannot call, get recording

802-228-0001 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-0002 cannot call, get recording
802-228-0003 cannot call, get recording
802-228-0004 cannot call, get recording

802-228-8469 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8470 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8471 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8472 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8473 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8474 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8475 cannot call, get recording
802-228-8476 cannot call, get recording

802-228-2087 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2088 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2089 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2090 cannot call, get recording
802-228-2091 CAN CALL NO PROBLEM
802-228-2092 cannot call, get recording

Called at least 50 numbers and 1 out of every 5 I could get through. These are all same prefix, same CO, and some locations I can spit on them as they are next to each other. Now if I was not able to reach ALL of these, I could see that this new FCC RULE, or TOS rule was in place somewhere. But this is a small town 25 miles from me and all withing the USA and all within the same CO.

Sorry, ML143, but you don't seem to be bumping into the same surcharge problem as the others in this thread. Your problem is most likely with the Ludlow Telephone Company, and not with MagicJack.

Your observations are probably rooted in two coincidental anomalies.

First, individual phone numbers you are able to reach reliably are probably numbers that have been ported out of Ludlow Tel to another carrier. YMAX, MJ's CLEC (and immediate family member) originates a call on your behalf they use a protocol called Signalling System 7. The first thing SS7 requires is that YMAX consult a database to determine which phone company actually owns that individual phone number you are trying to call. They then route the call to that phone company and tell the terminating phone company what phone number in their realm the call is destined for. No longer do phone companies route amongst themselves by reference to NPA-NXX alone. So, for example, if 228-3344 has been ported from Ludlow Tel to Vonage, the call will connect every time you try because YMAX has no problems completing calls to Vonage.

The other half of your problem is the physical interface into Ludlow Tel. It is quite likely that Ludlow Tel, having only exchange 228 in Ludlow and 226 in Proctorsville, has very limited physical interconnection to the US backbone. Or, they simply are having technical difficulties that prevent reliable termination of calls. The fact that you are receiving "All Circuits Busy" announcements or fast busy signals and not "You must buy minutes to complete this call' announcements indicates that MJ's having rewritten your contract -- after you both have signed it and you have rendered payment -- is not your problem.

By the way, do they still have phone booths with ordinary wall phones in them for free local calling?
TechGuru
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a simple solution, I just call my own Google Voice number then make the outgoing call though it.

and if that ever stops working, I can call my own cell number, let it go to voice mail and make a outgoing call though that.

Luckally, I live in Texas and I do not see any Texas numbers on the list.
bcam206
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Conference Calls Reply with quote

I tried calling a local contractor on his cell phone this week and could not get through. His cell had a 270 area code, I'm in 502. Had never had this problem before and have had Magic Jack Plus for over a year with absolutely no problems at all. I was surprised to receive a recording from Magic Jack about conference calls when I tried returning this contractor's call and was referred to my.magicjack.prepaid.com. I was unable to find that site. Luckily I was able to contact him via my cell phone. I appreciate the feedback on this site. Was very informative. Hopefully, I won't have this problem again or if I only have it once a year or so I can deal with it. Comparing Magic Jack to my local phone company as far as cost I'm way ahead with Magic Jack and can understand that they are still working on different situations. I was recently contacted by them about paying for 911 services. I had absolutely no problem with that knowing that I previously had to pay for 911 services with my local phone company. Cost wise I'm still ahead of the game. Beats paying $45/mo. with my local phone company. The main reason I have Magic Jack is for 911. I wasn't comfortable having just my cell phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: