magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Needs Call Block
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NetheRealm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Needs Call Block Reply with quote

Every time you accidentally call a psycho with caller I.D. they get our magicjack #s & can call us back & harrass us to no end. WE Need to be able to Block individual #s or at least block our magicjack #s from showing up on caller I.D.
Also of less importance we need to be able to change the Time Zone of the Voicemail. Not everyone lives on the East coast. Voicemail time is wrong for everyone else.
And lastly real 3 way calling where you can call #1 & then #2 & connect the 2 calls in a 3 way chat would be nice. Other than that magicjack is great.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

MikeE
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It would be nice to block your number from showing up like you can with traditional land-line service. I've only had the service for a day, but that would be a nice feature.
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the call spoofer discussed elsewhere in the forum to put whatever callerID you wish in there, instead of your mJ number...

I use my GrandCentral number, and then, even if they start calling and harrassing me, I can block it at GrandCentral.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeE
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. I've never used Perl before but it looks like fun.

Do you know of any alternative services to GrandCentral since they don't seem to be handing out new accounts atm?
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the Perl version if you wish. However, if you read later in the threat about call spoofing, there is a little app that you can run if you have Microsoft .NET installed that is simpler and easier to configure IMHO. Also a new spoofer version is around here somewhere too.

Search around in this forum for other services. Nobody is JUST like GrandCentral, but others are similar... Can't think of any off the top of my head though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyOnTheAir wrote:
You can use the Perl version if you wish. However, if you read later in the threat about call spoofing, there is a little app that you can run if you have Microsoft .NET installed that is simpler and easier to configure IMHO. Also a new spoofer version is around here somewhere too.

Search around in this forum for other services. Nobody is JUST like GrandCentral, but others are similar... Can't think of any off the top of my head though.

Can you elaborate on the app you're referring to? I did a search but couldn't find it in the thread. Thanks!
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you've missed THIS sticky thread...

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/outbound-caller-id-blocking-and-spoofing-t68.html

Or this one:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/new-spoofer-version-t1538.html
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks.
MikeE
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get the spoofer to work. Oh well.
vdot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Needs Call Block Reply with quote

NetheRealm wrote:
Every time you accidentally call a psycho with caller I.D. they get our magicjack #s & can call us back & harrass us to no end. WE Need to be able to Block individual #s or at least block our magicjack #s from showing up on caller I.D.
Also of less importance we need to be able to change the Time Zone of the Voicemail. Not everyone lives on the East coast. Voicemail time is wrong for everyone else.
And lastly real 3 way calling where you can call #1 & then #2 & connect the 2 calls in a 3 way chat would be nice. Other than that magicjack is great.

Now you can block individuals or groups of numbers by CallerID...check out this thread:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-do-it-all-app-magicbeans-reg-t5919.html
OGITH
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: About Magic Jack. Reply with quote

we Also need Anonymous Call Rejection' so Nobody can Dial *67 & leave Nasty Calls on our Phone Too & get Away with it.

oh & Sometimes when Somebody Calls me & Leaves me a Message' it Does not go to my Email all the Time? whats up with that Problem ????
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: About Magic Jack. Reply with quote

OGITH wrote:
we Also need Anonymous Call Rejection' so Nobody can Dial *67 & leave Nasty Calls on our Phone Too & get Away with it.

oh & Sometimes when Somebody Calls me & Leaves me a Message' it Does not go to my Email all the Time? whats up with that Problem ????
If you purchase the magicfeatures plugin it has anonymous call rejection along with other great features as well.
OGITH
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: About your Message sabresfan. Reply with quote

i went to magicjack.com & talked with a Staff there' & they Said that there Service does Not have the Anonymous Call Rejection Option yet? so why make up Stories saying there is Anonymous Call Rejection when there isnt any Sad
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: About your Message sabresfan. Reply with quote

OGITH wrote:
i went to magicjack.com & talked with a Staff there' & they Said that there Service does Not have the Anonymous Call Rejection Option yet? so why make up Stories saying there is Anonymous Call Rejection when there isnt any Sad

He didn't make up stories. RE READ what he said. He said MAGICFEATURES offers that NOT MJ. MagicFeature is an ADD on for MJ.
http://www.pcphonesoft.com/

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OGITH
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: About that Wesite you Posted bitstopjoe. Reply with quote

if i do get that Program from http://www.pcphonesoft.com/
& my Magic Jack is Not Hooked up to my Computer' when People Call & Leave me a Voice Mail' or even Try when they call me from Dialing *67
will it tell them to Dial *82 ? or will it Still go thru & Show up in my Email Saying from an Anonymous Call Still ????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: