magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack and CenturyLink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesduren
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: MagicJack and CenturyLink Reply with quote

Hey guys,

My wife and I moved from an apartment to a house. Our previous ISP was Comcast cable internet on a Motorola modem with a Netgear wireless router. Our current ISP is CenturyLink DSL internet on a Westell modem with the same router.
From the day we connected our MagicJack to our new DSL internet, it has this weird quirk. For about two minutes after you plug in MJ, our phone rings when someone calls. After about two minutes, any incoming calls go straight to voicemail and our phone never rings.

We tried a workaround by forwarding calls to a cell phone, but that doesn't work either - the caller can hear a phone ringing, but the forwarded call never triggers a ring on the cell phone.

What's the deal? Is CenturyLink DSL kryptonite for MJ users?
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your Westell modem a modem/router combo?
luvmyrotts
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am having the same problem with my magic jack, so i got the magic jack plusthinking maybe that might fix it. still same problem. i am using centurylink 660 series modem and netgear n600 wireless dual band router.any help would be greatly appreciated. magic jack customer service stinks. started having a problem back in april. hopefully someone can help me please.

Thanks.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ with a computer or MJ+ on a router?
luvmyrotts
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is a magicjack plus on the computer right now. have tried it both ways
Darkbob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have century link (YUCK) but have to say the MJ Plus hooked to the router and a 2nd MJ hooked right to the computer are both running like champs. Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

--DB
oneplace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Magicjack plus and CenturyLink Reply with quote

Darkbob wrote:
I have century link (YUCK) but have to say the MJ Plus hooked to the router and a 2nd MJ hooked right to the computer are both running like champs. Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

--DB
Can you tell me how you have Magicjack plus setup using CenturyLink. I have it setup though comcast right now and it work great.

What I can see you have have the DSL modem connected to magic Jack and not the router
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: