magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Allows You To Port Out Number To A New Provider
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macman4hire
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: MagicJack Allows You To Port Out Number To A New Provider Reply with quote

MagicJack now allows you port your number out to a new service provider. MagicJack customers are still unable to port their existing number into the MagicJack service from an outside provider as this time.

Unfornately magicJack seems not to allow direct links to its FAQ pages. So if you need to find out information about how port out your existing magicJack number click the link below and enter the following into the search field: How can I transfer my magicJack number to another provider?
http://www.magicjack.com/1/faq/

Edited due to broken link to magicJack's FAQ page.

Last edited by macman4hire on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, although I don't actually see it at the link you've given.

I suppose they are probably intentionally making it hard to find, as they don't want to advertise ways for people to easily leave their service.

Thanks for the heads up, though!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WarlockWeary
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Question

How can I transfer my magicJack number to another provider?

Category: All Returns, Exchanges, Replacements

Answer

In order to transfer a number on your magicJack please make sure your financial obligations to magicJack have been met. Your new service provider should initiate and coordinate the transfer.

LOL .. About time !
JackoWacko
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Law they have to allow it.
If they don't you can complain to the FCC and they will force them to.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
laguna
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 Magicjack numbers on one account, attempted to port one number out to a wireless carrier and they required my Magicjack account number. Online support told me that out porting was not available, but coming soon, asked to be escalated to another rep, asked him how to get my account number and he told me I had to send a snail mail to the Florida address. Has anyone ported out successfully yet and what tips can you give me to tell the new carrier. Thanks!
macman4hire

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several successful reports of porting out of magicJack numbers in the DSL Reports magicJack forum. The VoIP service provider Callcentric seems to be able to port in magicJack numbers.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23595371-Porting-out-to-another-VOIP
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend Call Centric ... excellent quality and great support!
http://www.callcentric.com/?aid=112532

I ported my old number that I wanted to keep over to them, and use it as incoming only, and call forward it to my mj number. I use my mj for all outgoing calls. You can read more here:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/local-number-portability-option-for-canada-us-numbers-t8395.html
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to port a number out and still keep mj working with a different number or is the only way to port out to kill your mj service 100% - reason iasked is cuz im paid up 4 awhile
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you want to port out your current mj number, but then keep your current mj service with a new number?

You would have to ask mj support directly about that one... I am not sure how that would work!
stav

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
is it possible to port a number out and still keep mj working with a different number or is the only way to port out to kill your mj service 100% - reason iasked is cuz im paid up 4 awhile

My experience with a cell phone provider is that when you port out, you basically stop the service with them and no money back, unfortunately.Sad(
Magicjacktechsupport
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to their TOS

3. Internet Communications Feature
a) Incoming Calls:

When you first register, as part of the available features, you may elect to choose a unique phone number, which will allow you to receive free phone calls over the Internet. The phone number chosen will be allocated provided we determine that it is legally permissible. If you are eligible for a phone number, it will be allocated to you as soon as reasonably possible after we have received your request. YMAX Communications Corporation may be the provider of your phone number and/or inbound calls. We do not guarantee that a requested phone number can be allocated to you or that you can make use of the incoming call feature. The allocation of a phone number to you does not constitute any transfer of title, ownership, license or other rights with regard to the phone number; if you transfer or port out your phone number your service is terminated and you relinquish all claims for a refund of your initial licensing period as well as any renewal licensing purchased. We may, without any liability, refuse, change or terminate any phone number at anytime. If we change the phone number that has been allocated to you, we will notify you, stating the effective date of the change and your new phone number. If you do not wish to accept this new phone number, you are entitled to cancel this Agreement; however, you will not be eligible for any refund unless you terminate the Agreement within 30 days of purchase of the magicJack device and qualify for a refund as further described in Section 2 of this Agreement. We will not be liable for any damages resulting from the change of the phone number.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Question of the hour....... Reply with quote

Magicjacktechsupport wrote:
According to their TOS

3. Internet Communications Feature
a) Incoming Calls:

When you first register, as part of the available features, you may elect to choose a unique phone number, which will allow you to receive free phone calls over the Internet. The phone number chosen will be allocated provided we determine that it is legally permissible. If you are eligible for a phone number, it will be allocated to you as soon as reasonably possible after we have received your request. YMAX Communications Corporation may be the provider of your phone number and/or inbound calls. We do not guarantee that a requested phone number can be allocated to you or that you can make use of the incoming call feature. The allocation of a phone number to you does not constitute any transfer of title, ownership, license or other rights with regard to the phone number; if you transfer or port out your phone number your service is terminated and you relinquish all claims for a refund of your initial licensing period as well as any renewal licensing purchased. We may, without any liability, refuse, change or terminate any phone number at anytime. If we change the phone number that has been allocated to you, we will notify you, stating the effective date of the change and your new phone number. If you do not wish to accept this new phone number, you are entitled to cancel this Agreement; however, you will not be eligible for any refund unless you terminate the Agreement within 30 days of purchase of the magicJack device and qualify for a refund as further described in Section 2 of this Agreement. We will not be liable for any damages resulting from the change of the phone number.

The question I've yet to be able to get an answer to is, "How much will number porting cost?"

To rephrase, How much is "...a nominal fee for number porting" going to be, in American dollars please?
Dedicated MJ Thin Client: HP t5710 1.2GHz 1gF/512R, running MJ, MagicFeatures & TightVNC, 12-15 watts w/o monitor, roughly $1.25 per month electric cost
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I do not think porting out charges are common - usually the incoming provider, if any charges a port fee, if any.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
In general, I do not think porting out charges are common - usually the incoming provider, if any charges a port fee, if any.

I agree.....which is why I was quoting and asking the person calling themselves "Magicjacktechsupport" what that charge will/would be.
Dedicated MJ Thin Client: HP t5710 1.2GHz 1gF/512R, running MJ, MagicFeatures & TightVNC, 12-15 watts w/o monitor, roughly $1.25 per month electric cost
invantas
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they are charging a $30.00 fee to port out your magicjack. I am so done with this service.

http://service.liveperson.net/hc/s-61732089/cmd/kbresource/kb-671181342757941888/view_question!PAGETYPE?sc=7&sf=101133&documentid=345501&action=view
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: