magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAGICFEATURES - Add 20+ Features Plus Call Recording

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new 4th generation of magicJack USB dongles that use the new 780 chip are now on store shelves.

Magicfeatures Release 1.11 specifically includes compatibility enhancements to support the new next generation magicJack USB dongle.

It is now available to download and install at http://download.pcphonesoft.com .
davesmith
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Magicfeatures": a few days ago.. I have not been able to set it up yet.

I bought the Magicfeatures": I also see the 2 other services are they differnt than the 20 featheres.

I know this is a long shot but would i be able to make the caller think i am calling from a diffent number. I want to call from magicjack an have it come up looking like it is coming from my cell phone number.

I have 3 magicjacks do i need 3 licsenes or can i pay for one servrcie liscene an use it for all magicjacks an laptops.

Dave S
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davesmith wrote:
I bought Magicfeatures": a few days ago.. I have not been able to set it up yet.

I bought the Magicfeatures": I also see the 2 other services are they differnt than the 20 featheres.

I know this is a long shot but would i be able to make the caller think i am calling from a diffent number. I want to call from magicjack an have it come up looking like it is coming from my cell phone number.

I have 3 magicjacks do i need 3 licsenes or can i pay for one servrcie liscene an use it for all magicjacks an laptops.

Dave S

No you can not "spoof" your MJ # on it's own JUST using your MJ. Search is your friend.
You need to buy 1 lic for EACH MJ in order to use MagicFeatures on said 3 MJ's.

BUT if I may suggest your $ would best be spent on learning to type, speak and spell in English. Just saying............

Joe Sica

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the SkyjackPlugin along with the Skype dialer from http://www.skype.com you can set up your Skype calling account to transmit your mobile phone number as the caller id.

To place calls over the Skype network via your magicJack, just dial an "*" before the number you wish to call.

For reference, to call regular phones via the Skype network you will also need to deposit some funds in your Skype account. A little however goes a long way.
davesmith
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
davesmith wrote:

Dave S

No you can not "spoof" your MJ # on it's own JUST using your MJ. Search is your friend.
You need to buy 1 lic for EACH MJ in order to use MagicFeatures on said 3 MJ's.

BUT if I may suggest your $ would best be spent on learning to type, speak and spell in English. Just saying............

Joe Sica

I here you loud an clear I right like a cave man ugg ugg!! I have inproved last year i could not even use or turn on a computer.

Dave
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all of us can improve ourselves in some way.. Glad to hear you are working on you.. All the best...

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anubis14
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright weird issue. My magicfeatures is no longer working. the magicjack works fine but the magicfeatures icon is grayed out. it's been working for months and now all of a sudden, nothing. Any ideas?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubis14 wrote:
Alright weird issue. My magicfeatures is no longer working. the magicjack works fine but the magicfeatures icon is grayed out. it's been working for months and now all of a sudden, nothing. Any ideas?

Yes DO A SEARCH!!! Sheesh..
Here I did it for you

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fyi-magicfeatures-plus-their-other-tools-t9600.html

Joe Sica
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Joe Joe ...

you know the rule is newbies must have at least 3 questions/post asking if their finger stinks when they pull it out of their .......................................................................................

bitstopjoe wrote:
Anubis14 wrote:

Here I did it for you

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fyi-magicfeatures-plus-their-other-tools-t9600.html

Joe Sica

Last edited by conniemadagain on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:
Joe Joe Joe ...

you know the rule is newbies must have at least 3 questions/post asking if their finger stinks when they pull it our of there .......................................................................................

bitstopjoe wrote:
Anubis14 wrote:

Here I did it for you

Joe Sica

WOW you are correct, I mean it is not like they asked a question which has been asked MANY many times before and they are the ONLY one having that problem, so I apologize......... As long as I don't have to smell that finger Smile

Joe Sica
Anubis14
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere apologies for not doing a search and my heartfelt thanks to Joe for taking time to stoop down from his lofty ivory tower to grace me with the touch of his divine wisdom.

Verily, I have found nirvana.

I know words are not enough to express my gratitude but I owe you a try Joe:

Thank you, oh thank you thank you.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubis14 wrote:
My sincere apologies for not doing a search and my heartfelt thanks to Joe for taking time to stoop down from his lofty ivory tower to grace me with the touch of his divine wisdom.

Verily, I have found nirvana.

I know words are not enough to express my gratitude but I owe you a try Joe:

Thank you, oh thank you thank you.

Unlike you, my NON sarcastic response, You are welcome.

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version of MagicFeatures JUST released, and 3 days ahead of schedule to boot..

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=484

Now Anubis14 doesn't have to search Smile

Joe Sica
Anubis14
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? I was impressed by your masterful use of capital letters, sir.

My apologies for being rash and posting a question without doing proper research. I'll bear your wise words in mind next time I have a question. And thank you for the link, but I had it already. I actually learned!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubis14 wrote:
What can I say? I was impressed by your masterful use of capital letters, sir.

My apologies for being rash and posting a question without doing proper research. I'll bear your wise words in mind next time I have a question. And thank you for the link, but I had it already. I actually learned!

HAHAHA good to hear. Sorry to have been rash but you have no idea how many post when their answers can be found in a quick search OR even just looking at the post headers. SO many post a question to the exact same thing that is listed right below their own post! Trust me I was easy on you, really. There are others here not so nice when they see people not bothering to search. I have asked the moderator to maybe put up something in the header of the forum to PLEASE do a search fiirst before posting.
Capital letters?? Nah just fat fingers hitting the wrong keys Smile

Joe Sica
newtoncd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
New version of MagicFeatures JUST released, and 3 days ahead of schedule to boot..

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=484

Now Anubis14 doesn't have to search Smile

Joe Sica

Just installed it, working great!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicfeatures Release 2.01 is now available for download at http://www.pcphonesoft.com . It is stable and compatible with magicJack's brand new dialer.

You can try it free for 7 days even if you have previously tried it in the past.
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, keep up the good work!

is there any way you could start an email list to let us know when updates become available? maybe a "subscribe to" link on your site, or make a gmail acct or something. just a thought.

Also, I thought I had read somewhere before about syncing the MJ contact list with, gmail contacts or equivalent but can't seem to find it now. do you know of a way to access the MJ contacts for backup or a way to load from another source?

Thanks again

EDIT: hey, whaddya know
http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=595
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
Magicfeatures Release 2.01 is now available for download at http://www.pcphonesoft.com . It is stable and compatible with magicJack's brand new dialer.

You can try it free for 7 days even if you have previously tried it in the past.

Tried it out...was happy. Bought it...still happy...kinda. Why do I have to manually start it every time I boot up? I thought it was doing so when I was trying it, well...because, it was a trial. Still doing it after purchasing it. It is running as a startup program, just not kicking in. I did a quick search and found nothing and don't have the mental energy to read all 12 pages of this post. A simple adjustment on my end, I'm assuming. Otherwise a major pain in the ass since I have frequent power glitches with the great local power company here in southwest Florida.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
redpepper wrote:

Tried it out...was happy. Bought it...still happy...kinda. Why do I have to manually start it every time I boot up? I thought it was doing so when I was trying it, well...because, it was a trial. Still doing it after purchasing it. It is running as a startup program, just not kicking in. I did a quick search and found nothing and don't have the mental energy to read all 12 pages of this post. A simple adjustment on my end, I'm assuming. Otherwise a major pain in the ass since I have frequent power glitches with the great local power company here in southwest Florida.

Doesn't do that for me, starts on it's own every boot. .. MAYBE try to re-install it as something glitched the last time, OR go here and do a search for your problem and then post if you can't find anything

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=8

Joe Sica
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
redpepper wrote:

Doesn't do that for me, starts on it's own every boot. .. MAYBE try to re-install it as something glitched the last time, OR go here and do a search for your problem and then post if you can't find anything

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=8

Joe Sica

Thanks...you are the man. I uninstalled, ran my registry cleaner and reinstalled. That didn't work. The interesting thing is that after the reinstall my speed dial list was still there and it didn't ask me for a product key, so I guess it's true that you can never totally delete anything. But the forum had two answers. It's apparently a vista / 7 issue. I passed on TOTALLY turning off my User Account Control settings, and opted for the Task Manager addition, which worked perfect. Thanks again for the suggestions.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very welcome, very glad to have helped...
They have a good forum there too, just like here..

Joe Sica
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicFeaturePlugin 2.014 Released, Works sweet too but as always the record still needs work on the echo problem but at least the company keeps up with there software means alot to consumers!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incremental release 2.015 is now available for download from http://download.pcphonesoft.com

It includes a robustness fix to mask the recently introduced messaging bug in the MJ network that triggered the caller id used by Magicfeatures to sometimes get out of synch.

For reference, the underlying message bug involves the sending of additional incoming call messages even after the given call has been acknowledged and even answered.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
Incremental release 2.015 is now available for download.

It includes a robustness fix to address the recently introduced messaging bug in the MJ network that triggered the caller id used by Magicfeatures to sometimes get out of synch.

I'm still doing great with my "old version". Is there anything other than the caller id fix (not an issue with me) that I would want to update for?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it ain't broke?? Well you know the rest........
I am still at 2.012 as I didnt see anything I needed to make me want to update as all is working fine...
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
I am still at 2.012 as I didnt see anything I needed to make me want to update as all is working fine...

Yea, I assumed. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a flashing blue light or some change. I like pretty colors.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. The last few updates have been incremental releases to address a few minor issues that have been reported by certain users with Release 2.01. If 2.01x is working fine for you wait to try 2.02 whenever it comes out.

Last edited by redpepper on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Yea, I assumed. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a flashing blue light or some change. I like pretty colors.

Like a yellow 911?? Smile
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! The CID out of sync thing was happening to me and I didn't even consider that it was a MF problem. I would have endured it until my wife brained me because she couldn't screen calls from her in-laws...
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slceso wrote:
Great news! The CID out of sync thing was happening to me and I didn't even consider that it was a MF problem. I would have endured it until my wife brained me because she couldn't screen calls from her in-laws...

Hopefully she brained you with the MJ "soft" phone Smile
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicfeatures Plugin Release 2.02 is now available for download at http://download.pcphonesoft.com .

Release 2.02 includes support for magicTalk personal user numbers for Speed Dialing, Call Screening & Caller id Number/Name Display. It also allows direct pass through of the caller name if available from the MJ network. So far the latter has only been reported in Canada.
MishMash
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Crashes with MagicFeatures suddenly Reply with quote

I purchased the magicfeatures which worked GREAT for the short time I had (have) it, but lately my MagicJack is crashing when someone calls while the MagicFeatures is running. When I re-launch my MJ with the MF the MJ does not crash.

I do not know what could be causing this... maybe an audio codec update? I am going to read on in the forum to find out what others have found, but just wanted to say that yes it does work but for some reason it crashes for me... it is not a scam, and even if it only worked well for the one week it did keep the real bothersome people at bay for that week!

Hopeful to find a solution as I research Smile
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been no similar reports based on the current and previous releases.

Please double check and make sure you have "Magicfeatures" Plugin Release 2.02 from http://download.pcphoneline.com installed.

If you still have any challenges, please go to the PCPhoneSoft Technical Support forum at http://support.pcphonesoft.com for more detailed assistance.
MishMash
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The release I am using is 2.014.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted. To move forward, be sure to follow the previous instructions provided.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicfeatures Plugin Release 2.05 is now available for download at http://download.pcphonesoft.com .

Release 2.05 includes the new feature "Hangup Blocked Calls" that hangs up calls blocked by Selective Call Rejection, Priority Calls Only or Anonymous Call Block screening instead of routing them to voice mail.

The number of phone number entries permitted in the Selective Call Rejection and Priority Call tables has also been increased to an unlimited number of entries.
iluvmymagicjack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Magicfeatures plugin is good but could be better Reply with quote

i bought the license last night because i don't like receiving calls from unknown caller. Magicfeatures is good because it blocks unknown caller and other numbers that you do not want to receive calls from, however, it would be better if this feature could be more specific such as instead of hanging up, it should give caller more details like:

a) the subscriber does not take call from unknown caller.
b) the subscriber does not like to take call from this number.

by providing these details, the caller will know why the calls keeps hanging up. i hope these options will be available in the near future. my overall ratings, Macgicfeatures rocks! Laughing
Mark
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Magicfeatures and like the option to simply have magicjack hang up on the caller, especially the scam calls and telemarketers. It would be nice to be able to customize messages for phone numbers blocked but it may not be worth the cost to offer this option.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

In regards to a custom message for rejected calls, a custom message option is not something we are readily able to implement from your computer in a way that would also work for incoming call waiting calls. This type of feature would tentatively need to be implemented in the MJ network itself.
stubbejs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Support Reply with quote

I've had a problem with the Hangup function for Blocked Calls since I bought this. They don't ring, but they do go to voicemail instead of getting rejected. This was a primary reason I bought it in the first place. I've sent three separate emails to pcphonesoft.com (with all the info including the log file) but even though they claim they'll get back to you in 24 hours, they have NEVER replied. This is terrible customer service, and I will never buy from them again. I suggest you don't either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: