magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAGICFEATURES - Add 20+ Features Plus Call Recording

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macman4hire
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the speed dial/caller id, call blocking do not seem to working on my system. The only feature on my system that appears to be working is the double ring. Please advise me how get this software working correctly.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For technical support stuff, there is an active support forum at http://www.pcphonesoft.com .

We don't have any related trouble reports open at the moment, so it is probably something fairly simple and subtle:

1. Download and use the very latest release (currently Release 1.02).

2. Make sure you close any and all other "add on" 3rd party software you are using before continuing your testing.

3. Make sure you have the audio settings in the magicJack dialer set to your phone (i.e. USB Internet Phone by TigerJet).

4. Dial the calls using the keypad on your phone.

If you still have challenges, please report them on the support forum at http://support.pcphonesoft.com . We may need some further information but together we will get any issues you have sorted. Thanks !!!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAGICFEATURES - FULL FEATURE DESCRIPTIONS

CALLER ID (NAME + NUMBER)
:::The caller's name and number is sent to your phone after the first ring. An online White Pages lookup is attempted if the name cannot be located in the Speed Dial (or Contact) table entries. For cases where a White Pages lookup will not work (i.e. private numbers, mobile phone numbers, international numbers) the caller's location (state or country) is looked up and displayed.

CALL WAITING CALLER ID (NAME + NUMBER)
:::The caller's name and number will be displayed on your phone. Note: Your phone MUST ALSO be Call Waiting Caller ID capable.

CALL RETURN ( Dial 69 )
:::Dial 69 to return the call to the last caller that called your phone number. A busy tone will be received if the caller was anonymous.

VOICE MAIL ( Dial 98 )
:::Dial 98 for quick access to your Voice Mail messages. Dial your Voice Mail password on your phone keypad when prompted.

7 DIGIT LOCAL AREA DIALING
:::Only 7 digits need to be dialed for calls in the same area code as your phone number.

SPEED DIAL 50
:::Dial the Speed Dial number (1 to 50) you have associated with a given telephone number and name in the Speed Dial table.

PRIORITY RINGING (MAY ALSO BE USED FOR SELECTIVE ANSWERING MACHINE PICKUP
:::Calls arriving from telephone numbers in the Priority Ringing table will be given a unique ringing cadence.

DOUBLE RINGING FOR ANSWERING MACHINE PICKUP
:::Your phone will ring twice as many times as usual before routing to voice mail to facilitate the use of external answering machines.

CALL FORWARDING ASSISTANT
:::Just press a button to view and change your network call forwarding settings.

SELECTIVE CALL REJECTION
:::Enter the telephone numbers you want to block from calling you in the Selective Call Rejection table.

ANONYMOUS CALL REJECTION
:::Calls arriving without caller identification information will be blocked.

DO NOT DISTURB
:::All incoming calls will be blocked.

BLOCKED CALL CHIME WITH CALLER ID (NAME + NUMBER)
:::Blocked calls will briefly chime the phone once to remind you that blocking is active and send the caller id to your phone.

CALL RECORDING ON DEMAND
:::Just dial *** on your phone at any time during the call to start call recording. Recording will be stopped when you hang up. The feature meet legal implementation requirements by transmitting a call recorder warning tone every 15 seconds. The feature should only be used according to the laws that apply to your jurisdiction.

Last edited by redpepper on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDPEPPER: WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS?

ARE YOU AFRAID WE WILL FIND OUT YOU TOOK YOUR TEC FROM ANOTHER BRAND OR YOU'RE FLY BY NIGHT?

I AM TYPING IN LARGE LETTER SO YOU CAN NOT SAY YOU DID NOT SEE IT.

SO ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER OR CONTINUE TO JUST BE A SHILL?

THIS IS MY THIRD TIME ASKING ...

FYI, I SEE YOU ARE SPAMMING EVERY PHONE/VOIP RELATED WEBSITE AND ARE ANSWERING QUESTIONS BUT YOU WILL NOT ANSWER MINE???

WHY???
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, your attitude and questions really make you appear to be tied to a competitor. We have been around too long not to know a duck when we see or hear one. In a nutshell, that is exactly why we have not replied to you and it is quite obvious that any answer provided would not be suitable to you for "whatever" reason.

We believe our products speak for themselves and that is why we offer FREE trials. This sales methodology also keeps the fire under us to focus on resolving reported issues as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

Our Magicfeatures Plugin was built as a complement to the SkyJack and XliteJack plugins that have been out for some time now. They were all designed and developed directly on the back of 25 years of telecoms development experience.

Today we are pleased to announce we have just added the feature "Call Recording On Demand" to our Magicfeatures Plugin.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALL RECORDING ON DEMAND - NOW AVAILABLE

Release 1.03 has just been posted for download and contains the new feature "Call Recording On Demand".

Just dial *** on your phone at any time during an outgoing or incoming call to start call recording. Recording will automatically be stopped when you hang up. Recordings are stored as WAV audio files and filed according to call date/time and the called number (or the caller id for incoming calls).

NOTE: The feature meets the legal implementation requirements of transmitting a call recorder warning tone every 15 seconds. For reference, call recording should only be used according to the laws that apply to your jurisdiction.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my original post with attitude:

who are they
how long in business
where did they come from

more info or it is a scam ...

So you come into this forum AND all you do is spam it with sales ... and I have attitude because your afraid to answer 3 simple questions?

Honest business give honest answers ... you do not fit honest ...

quack quack ...

Last edited by conniemadagain on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 am; edited 4 times in total
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:
redpepper wrote:
With all due respect, your attitude and questions really make you appear to be tied to a competitor. We have been around too long not to know a duck when we see or hear one. In a nutshell, that is exactly why we have not replied to you and it is quite obvious that any answer provided would not be suitable to you for "whatever" reason.

in other words you still refuse to answer my questions with double talk ... well folks when the price is too good to be true ... IT IS!!! and when someone will not answers 3 simple questions about their business you know they are hiding something ...
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALL RECORDING ON DEMAND - NOW AVAILABLE

Release 1.03 has just been posted for download under the "Downloads" page at http://www.pcphonesoft.com and contains the new feature "Call Recording On Demand".

Just dial *** on your phone at any time during an outgoing or incoming call to start call recording. Recording will automatically be stopped when you hang up. Recordings are stored as WAV audio files and filed according to call date/time and the called number (or the caller id for incoming calls).

NOTE: The feature meets the legal implementation requirements of transmitting a call recorder warning tone every 15 seconds. For reference, call recording should only be used according to the laws that apply to your jurisdiction.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU ALL BETTER BE CAREFUL AS YOU ARE D/LING A .EXE FILE NOT ZIP ...

A REAL COMPANY ONLY ZIPS THEIR FILES AS AN .EXE FILE CAN RUN ON YOUR COMPUTER AFTER THE D/L AND STEAL YOUR INFO!!!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a little more investigation, we have indeed tied CONNIEMADAGAIN directly to a competitor.

The relationship and association was made from other links in this forum specifically relating to a product referred to as "Magic Beans" and another separate forum we found located within the "MagicJackBeans" website.

We were spot on in our assessment of this individual (or company representative/partner/owner as it may be) and were right in focusing our energy and response efforts on our customers, product support and new development efforts.

It appears people simply do not understand what a "free market" economy really means. It's a big market out there with plenty of opportunity and we are not afraid to compete for business. We understand exactly what it means and our simple response will be to even work harder to develop and support further product offerings and keep our prices value oriented.

Although the PCPhoneSoft brand is relatively new and focused on addressing a very specific market segment and opportunity, its products are built on lots of previous telecoms development experience. That experience reaches back over 25 years to the days when MCI and Sprint first entered the common carrier market in the United States to compete. We have been around for well over a decade ourselves and are in telecoms for the long haul.

Last edited by redpepper on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
newtoncd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:
my original post with attitude:

who are they
how long in business
where did they come from

more info or it is a scam ...

So you come into this forum AND all you do is spam it with sales ... and I have attitude because your afraid to answer 3 simple questions?

Honest business give honest answers ... you do not fit honest ...

quack quack ...

I have no relationship to the company; I am simply a customer.

To be fair, from what I have seen, they are posting their info in the "for sale" portion of the site.

As for a "scam", I am running the software on my system and the software is working perfectly. The features it has added to magicJack are very nice.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'am also running the software and have not had any problems. It's added some great features and works nicely with MJ.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
After a little more investigation, we have indeed tied CONNIEMADAGAIN directly to a competitor.

The relationship and association was made from other links in this forum specifically relating to a product referred to as "Magic Beans" and another separate forum we found located within the "MagicJackBeans" website.

lol ... And what ??? forgot to add that when someone get worried they try to discredit the other person ... but you need facts not bs and all you have is more bs ... so,

You can lie all YOU want just answer the questions ... what are YOU afraid of ???

To you that have downloaded I am glad it did not harm your computer yet ...

vdot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
[b]After a little more investigation, we have indeed tied CONNIEMADAGAIN directly to a competitor.

Excuse me, mister redpepper, but you are a bald-faced liar, plain and simple.
This person, conniemadagain, whether a male or female I don't even know,
has no relation whatsoever to MagicBeans or to me other than posting
in forums, as I am to you. To my knowledge, they are not even a customer.
This sort of outright lying in your post, irresponsible at best, is
certainly an indication of your character which any potential client of
yours should take note of. It can't help but make one inclined to question
everything you say or have said.

I have up until now, simply watched in amusement at your "marketing"
antics. But libel is libel, and here you have crossed the line.
Since, as can be seen below, you are out of effective legal reach, I will simply
leave this, from here further, for the reading public to decide who is the
sleaze artist...
If anyone reading is bored enough to pursue this further, they're
welcome to call me anytime to discuss this manufacturered "scandal"
with me personally.

Dave V
(305) 600-3040

Here is some of what we actually know about you (which you
hid, switching to private registry with your registrar shortly
after going public with your beta-ware (12/10/2009 to be exact)):

Registrant:
John Walters
2nd Floor LPL
145-157 St. John Street
London, London EC1V4PY
United Kingdom

Domain Name: PCPHONESOFT.COM
Created on: 08-Aug-09
Expires on: 08-Aug-10
Last Updated on: 08-Aug-09

Administrative Contact:
Walters, John [email protected]
2nd Floor LPL
145-157 St. John Street
London, London EC1V4PY
United Kingdom
+44.442075048307 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Walters, John [email protected]
2nd Floor LPL
145-157 St. John Street
London, London EC1V4PY
United Kingdom
+44.442075048307 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.BRINKSTER.COM
NS2.BRINKSTER.COM

Over...and out.

Last edited by vdot on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:

A REAL COMPANY ONLY ZIPS THEIR FILES AS AN .EXE FILE CAN RUN ON YOUR COMPUTER AFTER THE D/L AND STEAL YOUR INFO!!!

I guess I am trying to figure out what this means.

Three of my favorite programs (ccleaner, malwarebytes and autoruns (the latter powered by Systernals (bought out by Microsoft)) provide their software as an .exe.

Does that mean I shouldn't use those?
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

I guess I am trying to figure out what this means.

Three of my favorite programs (ccleaner, malwarebytes and autoruns (the latter powered by Systernals (bought out by Microsoft)) provide their software as an .exe.

Does that mean I shouldn't use those?

handle with care even from microsoft ...
joevv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed magicfeatures and It works as advertised. Execellent product.

Joe
Camel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some haters around here, but I also have tried this program out and can say it does everything as advertised. I would recommend it if you are interested in a few addition features for yor MJ.

I actually give props to redpepper for offering a free trial, I really wanted to try out MagicBeans to see if it was for me but vdot forces the customer to pay before trying it, not my style (and the website kinda scares me away)Shocked .

I dont know which product is better but neither one seems to be a scam. MagicBeans seems to have more features (based on what I read) but cost more and has no way to try before you buy (even a 24hour trial is better than nothing man!) and MagicFeaturePlugin has fewer features as of now but is cheaper and anyone here can test it out for I think it was 10 days.

Thats my take. Wish someone will make a freeware program like these Rolling Eyes
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLIDAY SPECIAL !!! "MAGICFEATURES" NOW JUST $6.95

Between now and the New Year, get the full licensed version of the "Magicfeatures" software plugin for the low price of just $6.95 !!!

A simple yet brilliant gift for yourself or to give to that special someone. What an interesting stocking stuffer !!!

At the time of online purchase, you will be e-mailed all the instructions to download and use the new "Magicfeatures" including a license key. Just print them out and you are ready to go.

The "Magicfeatures" Plugin is available at http://www.pcphonesoft.com
pepsiman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this program work with on a thin cliet?

there were issues that i have read about with trying to use magic beans on a thin client and was wondering if your program would have the same issues.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot think of any technical reason why "Magicfeatures" will not work on a thin client. In all honesty, we have been so focused on developing and rolling out new features we haven't had time to test the product on thin clients.

There have been so many downloads of the all the plugins that there is a good chance somebody out there is using them with a thin client and we simply are not aware of it.

Our suggestion is to download whatever plugin you need and try it out for a few days. All the plugins are free to try out for up to 10 days and they all come with uninstall programs.

If there are technical issues, just post them on the support forum at http://www.pcphonesoft.com . It's just software so the issues will be sorted if there are any.

Last edited by redpepper on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
pepsiman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the price of $6.95 per year or just a one time fee?

how much avaliable memory do i need to install and run the program?
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepsiman wrote:
is the price of $6.95 per year or just a one time fee?

how much avaliable memory do i need to install and run the program?

I am a registered user, so I can answer the question.

The $6.95 is a one-time fee ... I paid $9.95 before the special ... dammit Jim ... Smile

The download is 405kb and on my system it takes up 8MB of RAM (on a related note, magicJack takes up 18MB of RAM).
R0ss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a very interesting add on to MJ. Just wondering if there is any possibility of doing something to improve the ability of MJ to be used for Fax send and receive? Or if it is even possible. From what I have read on the forum some have success and others do not. Currently I am having no success in sending/receiving a fax. This would be a welcome feature for me personally!

Ross
Alpman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the trial and installed it on one of my Neoware e100 800Mhz TC's with just 128mb memory and a 6GB MicroDrive. It installed just fine and all feature appear to work without issue. It takes up very little disk space and just 1mb of RAM according to Task Manager.

I love the fact that Caller ID names appear and that it auto hides the mJ softphone. I also enjoy the 50 number speed dial, extended ring time and distinctive ring features. But the best part about this plugin is 7 digit dialing!!! Now my mJ is like a real phone. My wife will finally let me ditch the phone company altogether.

I may possibly add the option to pre-load the plugin on my thin clients that I sell, if I can negotiate a volume license price...redpepper???

WOW - What a great addon to mJ!!!
joevv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works great on a HP T5720. Best feature for me is on demand recording.

Joe
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I read Alpman's post (who I trust) I pm'd others that bought this program ... they all said it is legit ... so I am satisfied ...

Since I made a big deal about the advertising I thought I should say so ...

You can be mad at me but just understand I care about the members here!!!
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:

Spoken like a true lleft-winger.

Take a hike, we're all grownups here and don't need your misguided efforts to protect us from ourselves...

Later

Crackerjack
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I downloaded the trial and installed it on one of my Neoware e100 800Mhz TC's with just 128mb memory and a 6GB MicroDrive. It installed just fine and all feature appear to work without issue. It takes up very little disk space and just 1mb of RAM according to Task Manager.

I love the fact that Caller ID names appear and that it auto hides the mJ softphone. I also enjoy the 50 number speed dial, extended ring time and distinctive ring features. But the best part about this plugin is 7 digit dialing!!! Now my mJ is like a real phone. My wife will finally let me ditch the phone company altogether.

I may possibly add the option to pre-load the plugin on my thin clients that I sell, if I can negotiate a volume license price...redpepper???

WOW - What a great addon to mJ!!!

Alpman aka acpcguy on ebay
[email protected]

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the plugins working on thin clients.

We have had a number of people asking about it. Your idea about co-packaging the plugin with your hardware makes good sense. Let me check my PM and complete the order for that thin client.

Once we get that thin client in house and set up, we can compare notes and figure out the logistics together of how to make it happen. It should be pretty simple.
Alpman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

Spoken like a true lleft-winger.

Take a hike, we're all grownups here and don't need your misguided efforts to protect us from ourselves...

Later

Crackerjack

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. Give connie a break...
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RELEASE 1.04 HAS BEEN POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD

Release 1.04 includes the new feature "ACCEPT ONLY PRIORITY CALLS", a selective call acceptance capability that will block any incoming calls that are not included in the Priority Call table.
Alpman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the full version last night, thank you. I currently have v1.03 and tried to use the update check function. It says I have the latest version. It is not recognizing the 1.04 upgrade. Is the upgrade check feature working correctly?
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:

Spoken like a true left-winger.

Later

Crackerjack

lleft ?

Fixed: Embarassed
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
RELEASE 1.04 HAS BEEN POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD

Release 1.04 includes the new feature "ACCEPT ONLY PRIORITY CALLS", a selective call acceptance capability that will block any incoming calls that are not included in the Priority Call table.

in my pm's people wondered if they can expand the blocked caller section ... there are only 10 slots?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I purchased the full version last night, thank you. I currently have v1.03 and tried to use the update check function. It says I have the latest version. It is not recognizing the 1.04 upgrade. Is the upgrade check feature working correctly?

Alpman aka acpcguy on ebay
[email protected]

Thanks for the heads up. The update check is made against the current version on our server and this has been fixed. If you use the update check button again it should give you the correct message result now.

If you want to ever double check what release you have installed just right mouse click on the little icon and select "About" from the menu.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can expect to see an extended Selective Call Blocking numbers list added to the Magicfeatures Plugin early in the New Year.
docooo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have a good product if this had the a way to block
the MJ number going out .

If you do sorry - must of missed it

Doc
newtoncd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

docooo wrote:
You would have a good product if this had the a way to block
the MJ number going out .

If you do sorry - must of missed it

Doc

Request it on their forum ... worth a shot.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW TO BLOCK THE OUTGOING CALLER ID - A RELIABLE SOLUTION THAT WORKS

The magicJack network no longer supports blocking or spoofing the outgoing caller id. That can be written off as a direct option altogether unless they decide to permit this capability sometime in the future. Most other phone providers actually give you that option.

We do however provide reliable published working solutions for blocking the outgoing caller id that are currently being used by a lot of magicJack users. These options also give you a calling backup alternative in case there are call quality issues with the magicJack network.

You can block / spoof the caller id using our "Skyjack" Plugin with Skype for the outgoing calls you need to do that for. Just dial * before the number you wish to call.

You can also do the same thing using our "Xlitejack" Plugin with SipGate, VoIPBuster or Gizmo5 for the outgoing calls you need to do that for. Just dial # before the number you wish to call.

Both of the latter plugins can be used at the same time as the Magicfeatures plugin.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper... can you elaborate a little re: spoofing your number. Although I currently use Google Voice for making calls, so every call should show my GV number, it's a little cumbersome. A more elegant solution would be to spoof my GV number using the MJ.

I understand MJ has taken this away, but it can be done with Skype. Can you provide some specifics? TIA

BTW, *love* the MagicFeaturesPlugin. Neat little app.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
redpepper... can you elaborate a little re: spoofing your number. Although I currently use Google Voice for making calls, so every call should show my GV number, it's a little cumbersome. A more elegant solution would be to spoof my GV number using the MJ.

I understand MJ has taken this away, but it can be done with Skype. Can you provide some specifics? TIA

BTW, *love* the MagicFeaturesPlugin. Neat little app.
You can buy the Xlite plugin and setup an account with sipgate. I have this setup with my googlevoice number. Sipgate allows you to choose the caller id number you want to be shown when calling someone else. To setup an account is free. Incoming calls are free. Calling someone is 1.9 cents a minute. I put $10 on my account back in july and I have over $9 left. It's a great solution to be able to use MJ and if you want set your own caller id. The other extra benefit is to have a backup provider if MJ has some problems. You can get a free number with Sipgate if you want for incoming or you can just use the service for outgoing calls.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I set up a Skype account, but I don't think it will let me use my Google Voice number for the caller ID. At least, I never received their text message so I could complete the number verification. I'll do the X-lite / Sipgate thing. Much appreciated. BTW, I tested the Skyjack and registered. Works like a charm. I got it just for the reason you said - sometimes the MJ network is having hiccups!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default caller id for Skype when I use it is something like 0001234567 when it shows up on the other end. You can also log into your Skype account and change it to your mobile phone number.

Sabresfan described the flexibility that SipGate gives pretty well. Personally, I am curious to see what Google is going to do with Gizmo5 that they just purchased and how that is going to work with the Google Voice numbers. You would think they would roll it into some type of ubiquitous package at some stage.
onlyme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried ver 1.03 and ver 1.04 of magicfeatureplugin on a HP T5700 and an HP T5710 and can not get it to work reliably, has anyone else had any luck?

The caller ID will work for a few calls and then quit working.

The double the amount of rings feature only shortens the duration of the ring.

I'd love to get this working, Ver 1.04 is even worse than Ver 1.03, I am doing a commit after I install it and doing a commit after I make any changes to it.

After a restart magicfeatureplugin wont be loaded, that problem just started with ver 1.04

Any help would be appreiated.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I can be of any help; I'm just able to report my experience. I suspect you'll have to get an answer directly from redpepper.

I registered the product after testing it for a couple of days, maybe a week. I'm pleased with the results but when I went to update the registered version to 1.04, it wouldn't let me.

Not sure why, and quite frankly, at this juncture, I don't really care. The only reason I got it was to double the rings so my Google Voice would pick up before the MJ voice mail. I may start using some of the other features in the near future.

I didn't have any problems removing 1.04 and reinstalling 1.03. I have a PM into redpepper but I'm guessing s/he's taking a breather for Christmas. Good luck, 'cause I'm still planning on getting a TC sometime after the first of the year.

NOTE: I've since updated to 1.04 without issue. Don't know but it's possible my problem was operator error. Embarassed

Last edited by Darkman90808 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have tried ver 1.03 and ver 1.04 of magicfeatureplugin on a HP T5700 and an HP T5710 and can not get it to work reliably, has anyone else had any luck?

I'd love to get this working, Ver 1.04 is even worse than Ver 1.03, I am doing a commit after I install it and doing a commit after I make any changes to it.

After a restart magicfeatureplugin wont be loaded, that problem just started with ver 1.04

For everybody's clarification, you are using a "thin" client. It is a special configuration that was never considered in the original product plan. For the time being, you should stick with Release 1.03.

A "thin" client was just purchased and it has arrived. It is being setup in house so support can be adequately provided. The issues you mentioned as they relate to "thin" clients are being addressed and should be sorted in Release 1.05 due out in the next couple of weeks.
Alpman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
Quote:

For everybody's clarification, you are using a "thin" client. It is a special configuration that was never considered in the original product plan. For the time being, you should stick with Release 1.03.

A "thin" client was just purchased and it has arrived. It is being setup in house so support can be adequately provided. The issues you mentioned as they relate to "thin" clients are being addressed and should be sorted in Release 1.05 due out in the next couple of weeks.

Red - I'm glad it arrived. If you have any questions about it please let me know. I was having the same issues after a period of time with 1.04 with my thin client and switched back to 1.03 with no issues. I have not tested it on a full version XP desktop/laptop. I'm patiently awaiting the 1.05 release. Thanks...
Alleytom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Magicfeatures on thin client Reply with quote

Redpepper,

I installed Magicfeatures on a dedicated Wyse 941GXL Thin Client this morning and so far all is working well. I had earlier tried Magicbeans, even installing a spare 20gig laptop hard drive in order to get Magicbeans to work. So far I have been disappointed with it, I was mainly interested in the longer ring duration so I could use our answering machine instead of voice mail, but couldn't get it to work at all. As far as Magicfeatures is concerned, the double ring feature is working for me right out of the box, and the caller ID feature fixed my wife's main complaint about mj. If you guys get it running properly on a thin client without a hard drive (using a flash drive) I will remove the laptop hard drive and go back to the flash drive. I like the TC as it sits quietly on a shelf, I have it running without monitor or keyboard and access it remotely.

Anyway, good work so far, and a great product,

Tom
ascarpace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Works Great Reply with quote

This product works as advertised for me. I could not get magic beans extended ring to work, but the double ring works great in addition to all the other features. Great product for only $6.95
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: